Critical look at zetetics

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: A critical look at zetetics

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 08/12/21, 13:05

ABC2019 wrote:but absolutely, the placebo effect has some efficacy, it's scientifically proven, so why not take advantage of it?

Effectiveness of the second dose in Israel: 30% ... Same rate as the placebo ... Cretin.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 08/12/21, 14:11

humus wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:
humus wrote:Okay, I'm going to be nice, I'm going to clarify, I don't walk according to the criteria (which ones are yours?) But to the inner compass.

my criteria are their competence in the application of the scientific method, that is to say in particular if they understand well what a test of significance is. Unfortunately there are good and bad scientists.

If you do not have a criterion to distinguish the two, the most likely is that you believe those you want to believe, and therefore that your opinion on scientists is not very valuable, any more than that of religious beliefs.

: Lol: because you are behind every scientist's ass to get what he does and how he does it? : Shock: : Lol:

You have to accept a part of irrationality in life. Attention I said a part.

no, we cannot control every scientist, but we can cross-reference different information, look at the quality of the documents presented, see if the same results were obtained by others, study the relevance of the critiques ...
I trust what I feel is true.
You can say that I validate my beliefs, if that reassures you. : Lol:
I can't convince you that I feel some true and some wrong things and that it is overall effective.

It does not "reassure" me especially, you describe the usual mechanism of belief, which is at the base the mechanism of religions: people believe because they feel that it is true, it is called faith.

It's just different from the scientific method, which unfortunately often leads to accepting what you don't want to believe. That's why not everyone is psychologically adapted to accept it.

I'm not telling you that everyone has to be a scientist, I don't mind that there are dreamers, artists, or lunatics in the world. Just don't confuse the two, and don't call it science, that's all.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 08/12/21, 15:02

no, we cannot control every scientist, but we can cross-reference different information, look at the quality of the documents presented, see if the same results were obtained by others, study the relevance of the critiques ...
information like yours on vaccines? Fun! You are not even screwed to do a historical analysis on these and you think you are a scientist! Boastful!

It does not "reassure" me especially, you describe the usual mechanism of belief, which is at the base the mechanism of religions: people believe because they feel that it is true, it is called faith.
so you are, you have just admitted it once again, a religious of the worst kind; pseudo scientist!

It's just different from the scientific method, which unfortunately often leads to accepting what you don't want to believe. That's why not everyone is psychologically adapted to accept it.
you personally demonstrate this for a mentally disturbed narcissist type!
I'm not telling you that everyone has to be a scientist, I don't mind that there are dreamers, artists, or lunatics in the world. Just don't confuse the two, and don't call it science, that's all.
what bothers us is that a dreamer like you thinks he's a scientist, junk, and therefore incompetent. on most of the topics he hacks. So don't call your pseudo-zetetic fantasies for science!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 08/12/21, 15:39

ABC2019 wrote: you describe the usual mechanism of belief, which is at the base the mechanism of religions: people believe because they feel it is true, it is called faith.

Well you're cut off from that while I have both mechanisms : Wink: .
Who is winning? : Lol:
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 08/12/21, 15:55

humus wrote:
ABC2019 wrote: you describe the usual mechanism of belief, which is at the base the mechanism of religions: people believe because they feel it is true, it is called faith.

Well you're cut off from that while I have both mechanisms : Wink: .
Who is winning? : Lol:

I don't mind that you have both mechanisms; It bothers me that you pass off one for the other.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 08/12/21, 16:23

ABC2019 wrote: It bothers me that you pass off one for the other.

I distinguish between the two and both have their value.
You deny your inner compass, you are not "complete" and you are lost on certain subjects.
Mad people are very rational. : roll:
2 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 08/12/21, 16:29

humus wrote:

You deny your inner compass, you are not "complete" and you are lost on certain subjects.

I am not lost on any subject, it's just you who are blocking and can no longer follow me. My compass is working fine, thank you.
0 x

Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 08/12/21, 16:53

abcon,
I am not lost on any subject,
wow, wow!
it's just you who blockades and can't follow me anymore. My compass is working fine, thank you.
yes your compass is demagnetized and it turns with the wind in any direction as evidenced by your all-out interventions.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 08/12/21, 17:01

ABC2019 wrote:I am not lost on any subject .....

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! Word of PPPP (Pervers Paumé Pourri Prétentieux)! : Mrgreen:
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 08/12/21, 17:47

ABC2019 wrote:
humus wrote:

I am not lost on any subject, it's just you who are blocking and can no longer follow me. My compass is working fine, thank you.

Ah ba no you say only bet on reason and as you are contradictory, even your reason fails.
doubly lost : Oops:
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"