Sawdust Paper Log Press Project

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Sawdust Paper Log Press Project

by Ahmed » 07/12/21, 17:39

Humus, here is a view which shows, at the top, the thrust plate: its course goes to the edge of the upper part of the mold. Below the mold, part of the thrust system is visible: first comes a thrust distribution fork which directly presses on the bottom plate and whose stroke corresponds to the height of the mold, this fork receives the essential anti-return device, since the thrust takes place by successive presses. We can see the control paddle protruding on the front: it suffices to lift it slightly and the bottom (+ the thrust system) goes down; by releasing it, the blocking is automatic and only then allows upward movement.
Then, we can see on the vertical plate what I call the cassette: it is a device which receives the blocker arm and accompanies it in its movements, which will be actuated by a vertical rod, itself moved by a lever ( work in progress! :P )...future.
The function of this cassette is to allow the blocking arm to be able to exert its action only upwards (otherwise, it would block any movement in both directions). The blocker arm rests at the rear on a double yoke of square section and at the front (this is unfortunately not visible here, but I will detail all the constituent parts later).
Note: the yellow gadget is a magnet that is used to prevent everything from sliding down, while you take the picture! : Wink:

IMG0089A.jpg
IMG0089A.jpg (278.68 KB) Viewed times 1580
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/12/21, 17:45

Well, I get into the background of Myriam ... uh ... of the project! : Mrgreen:

Do you really need to add paper to it? What seems to bring more disadvantages than advantages? Let me explain...

I suppose it is a thermal recycling of your paper waste (see cardboard) but what interest to bring "a thermal loss" to sawdust knowing that, in my opinion:

a) it increases the humidity of the brick, therefore the drying time with the risk of residual moisture in the heart (because if pressed very well, I think that it will not dry as well as natural wood where each fiber has a tip "in the air")

b) the calorific value of the log will be lower for reason a) but also because the PCI of the paper is less good than the wood (and full of shit additives which will increase your ash content)

So unless I have a very large deposit, I don't really see the point of paper that can easily be burned better directly (I doubt that your 90% of paper consumption in waste advertising is enough to heat you up more than 5 evenings in the room. year ... because I practice too!)

If not, a good idea would be to introduce a thermal dopant ... like waste citrus peel (containing a very flammable oil) or ... larch thorns... if there is any in your area?

Conclusion: you will have to fill all the small holes! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 07/12/21, 18:10

Sawdust is only an improver (which I intend to get mostly from outside) in my perspective, because my goal is really to destroy a mass of paper * that it is unthinkable to burn directly: I have already tried and it stifles the fire rather than anything else ... :(
A paper log will dry faster the greater the pressure applied (this is not possible with the small presses found on the market). I don't care much about the calorific value, since the less good it is, the more logs are needed and therefore more paper will be consumed! : Oops:

* Although I don't have any advertising in my mailbox.

@ Humus: I have already explained, I believe, that I do not want to use a hydraulic or mechanical jack for reasons of slowness and also because I appreciate this kind of adaptation a little out of the ordinary ...
So that the pressure on the pedal is not too hard, but produces sufficient pressure, a favorable lever arm is needed, therefore with a low useful stroke, ergo a system allowing successive pushes. It complicates the manufacture, but it simplifies the use, so it suits me! 8)

I forgot to specify that the bottom part is made from an old mason's clamp sacrificed for the occasion: we can still see the curved part of the movable jaw (which will be cut soon).
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 07/12/21, 18:48

Ahmed wrote:So that the pressure on the pedal is not too hard, but produces sufficient pressure, a favorable lever arm is needed, therefore with a low useful stroke, ergo a system allowing successive pushes.

Is it "Myriam" who inspires you these comments which taken out of context could suggest something quite different? : Lol:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 07/12/21, 18:59

Ambiguity is everywhere, you know it well, (even this sentence is ambiguous!) ... : Oops:
I had thought about it: these jolts directed towards the foundation make it a somewhat erotic operation, but knowing your imagination in these areas, I did not see fit to evoke this parallel aspect which does not fundamentally fit into the subject (sic !) ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 09/12/21, 18:23

Yesterday, I completed the base of the distribution fork with a lateral support and a frontal support on each side. The front support aims to compensate for the component of the force which results from the thrust not being applied completely vertically due to the axial offset of the fulcrum of the link on the thrust arm. The surfaces in contact with the supports are covered by epoxy-glued lamellae, made "anti-friction" (old brake linings) by full-oiling *, so as to minimize friction and make these parts indestructible.
I am to see how to arrange the pedal-rod assembly ...
There is also an interesting problem of logic: the top blocking works perfectly, because it is very simple: in the upward direction, it lets through and blocks in the other direction, unless it is neutralized by an action on its lever. . The same is not true for the lower one, which is supposed to behave automatically and block when pushing, then allowing the push arm + cassette to descend; At this stage it should work as long as you are in a dynamic situation of reciprocating movements and you want to progress upwards, thanks to the presence of a small support under the front of the pusher arm. However, it is probably different when the pedal, pusher arm and cassette assembly is in their bottom dead center position and you want to lower the assembly linked to the bottom of the mold, because the cassette then descends lower. that the push arm and the small support is no longer operational, since the push arm gets in the way, pushed by the joint that links it to the whole pedal system (if everyone is not following, this does not matter, all that will be cleared up later 8) ) ... This kind of situation does not happen in an extruder gun, because the lever system is fully included in the equivalent of what I call the "cassette", while in my case the thrust is external to this set.
The simplest solution will be to provide a low stop on the structure which will limit the travel of the cassette and align it to the correct position with the assembly linked to the pedal ... :P

* Very effective recipe, but certainly not to be used on your car! : Shock:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 09/12/21, 19:18

Gloups! Not sure that everyone understood .... I picked up the phone ...

You know my impatience, but when do you envision the first production tests?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 09/12/21, 20:17

... with zimages, it may be partly clearer! No time to do it ...: Oops: Either way, it is not possible to visualize the logic problem, but I will go through the various hardware elements in detail.

To produce, the apparatus must be finished; at that time, I will do a blank test to check that it is working properly *, then I will proceed with the development of the "operating" place ... The real production (if it works! : Mrgreen: ) should take place in the spring (normally in the spring of 2020, but, as you can see, I hesitated for a long time between the various options) next.

* If it does not behave as my guesswork suggests, either I correct what I missed, or it cannot be remedied and I then install another more classic pressing device ... Suspense :!:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 09/12/21, 20:26

The sawdust should be left with those who need it for the dry toilet.
I refueled yesterday at the local sawmill. I asked him what I owed and it was he who thanked me for cleaning his machines : Wink:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 09/12/21, 20:40

izentrop wrote:I refueled yesterday at the local sawmill. I asked him what I owed and it was he who thanked me for cleaning his machines : Wink:

I don't know anything about it, but is it common to be able to collect sawdust for free?
Near my home I saw a sawmill (mainly a pallet manufacturer) start to manufacture bagged pellets in addition, there it is clear that the sawdust deposit is finished.
0 x