Video TPE Renewable energies, control and challenges

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
gravestone
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Video TPE Renewable energies, control and challenges

by gravestone » 22/03/07, 19:48

Hello, I am a student of 1st S and we made as a final project a 20 minute film alternating narration, animations, interviews ect ...
I would like to add that your site allowed us to collect additional information and it was very useful to us
I would have liked to have your opinion as ecology pros !! :D

A preview is available on dailymotion here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/se ... ouvelables
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/se ... velables/1

+ a report on LPG that I produced:
http://www.dailymotion.com/Gravestone/v ... rtie-b-gpl

Merci!
Last edited by gravestone the 27 / 04 / 07, 18: 14, 1 edited once.
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 23/03/07, 09:57

+ a report on LPG that I produced:
http://www.dailymotion.com/Gravestone/v ... rtie-b-gpl

I confirm this report on LPG.

I ride with a R25 from 1989 fitted with LPG with a large 80-liter tank in the trunk of the vehicle.

I bought this car in 1998 at 160000 km already equipped, for 28000 Francs (about 4300 euros) including 13000 Francs of equipment.

Today it is still running: the engine has over 300 kms without any intervention (cylinder head gasket or engine breakage), that proves that LPG "keeps" the engines.

I can do more than 600 km with a full of LPG at 0,70 euros / liter because I can fill the tank up to 68 liters maximum (safety) and it consumes 10 liters / 100 kms approximately (15 to 25% + than petrol).

It is indeed very profitable for such an old vehicle and in comparison with modern Hdi diesel vehicles which consume 6 liters of diesel per 100 km (the calculation is easy to do).

From a pollution point of view: CO2 emission slightly higher than a modern diesel BUT no emission of particles which are very harmful for the lungs and even carcinogenic, we say in specialized articles (health).

If you want to read heated debates on the subject (comparison of pollution with diesel for example with Lumberjack), you can find it by typing "GPL jean63" in the econology search engine. You will have something to read .. !!!! : Idea: : Lol:

You will find the testimony of I Citro which is also on this forum :

Quote:
The natural engine site is very controversial when its declarations on LPG, many pros of LPG it is rebellious against the lack of objectivity when compared analysis LPG / diesel. Because particles are not taken into account when they are one of the most harmful pollutants ...
I'm going up an astra eco turbodiesel cylinder head of only 100 km and I removed 000mm of shit which covered the internal walls of the intake pipe downstream of the EGR valve, (in what state is the catalyst ???). It seems that it should be condemned ... at 300 km my BX diesel was "clean" ...
I drive LPG on my 2 cars, a safrane and a Volvo 850 of 340.000 km and must admit that it is not economical.
By cons it is more breathable than a fuel oil and refueling is more pleasant ...
I also plan to "pantonize" an LPG (the safrane) in order to dig a new path. finally the engine management with LPG seems to me more "accessible".
For LPG, the petrol engine is the least suitable, diesel would be ideal.
Indeed the rotational speeds of diesel and their compression ratios would be more compatible with the operation of LPG. This is how LPG and CNG buses operate.

Too bad not to run diesel engines on LPG as on English buses.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
frog
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by frog » 24/03/07, 11:43

Bravo for this TPE, when I think of my presentations in middle and high school I am ashamed. :|
By cons, you have done nothing on the biomass? It is the only subject where I manage a little because I am a forester.
0 x
frog
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/03/07, 12:04

What I don't really like is "inexhaustible energy" ... and "cheap" in your pitch ...

Because these 2 aspects would incite the mess ... and the earth can only absorb a certain amount of heat (heat is the residual form of all useful energy)
0 x
gravestone
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by gravestone » 25/03/07, 12:59

What I don't really like is "inexhaustible energy" ... and "cheap" in your pitch ...

Because these 2 aspects would incite the mess ... and the earth can only absorb a certain amount of heat (heat is the residual form of all useful energy)

In fact, we had great difficulty in differentiating "clean energy" from "inexhaustible energy". "Renewable energies" combine the two to some extent.

But you are right: it is not because we have energy that we should waste it (it has already cost us quite a bit from an environmental and economic point of view). However the current powers seek profit and do not care about the long term effects!

Anyway, we did not find non-polluting, inexhaustible and inexpensive energy ...
0 x