Trucks: the big production of CO2

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Trucks: the big production of CO2

by jean63 » 22/03/07, 00:47

They propose to reduce CO2 emissions.

We must offer them the pantone !!! ==>

http://www.actu-environnement.com/ae/ne ... _2344.php4
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 22/03/07, 09:24

The share of transport in total final energy consumption is today 31%, against only 13% in 1960

and for good reason that "we" bought closer in 1960 and we did not send the Dutch shrimps to be peeled in Morocco, for example!

in fact, transportation is not expensive enough!

the article puts forward "flexibility": we can no longer imagine making 3 or 4 transshipments to transport a cargo: some heavy goods vehicles run for 2 tonnes, others systematically return empty. That can not continue !

I think there should be more rational regulation and organization:

you're in a hurry: pay
you're broke: wait until you find a truck "that's just passing by"
this is probably what these 6 combined companies will do

part of the problem is that no one anymore, neither manufacturer, nor reseller wants to store anymore!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 22/03/07, 09:46

OK .. and above all we must stop the debilitates you are talking about (Dutch shrimp peeled in Morocco), there are "tons" of aberrations like that.

In addition, rail and above all river transport must be developed: a barge carries the equivalent of 4 freight trains and 400 trucks - order of magnitude - (I no longer have the exact figures, I heard in "C dans l'air "- program by Yves Calvi on FR5).

It misses the Rhine-Rhone and Seine-Flanders junction (which will be done in the years to come because the northern motorway is already hyper-saturated by trucks).

What would be necessary is above all to stop the bullshit by buying local products (we can do it partly for fruit-vegetables), but with offshoring it looks bad. : Evil:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).