Electricity prices in Europe and France

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

Re: Electricity prices in Europe and France

by Christophe » 26/10/21, 11:13

sicetaitsimple wrote:I was not sure where to insert this RTE report, released today, and entitled "Energy Futures 2050".
For those who are interested: https://assets.rte-france.com/prod/publ ... tats_0.pdf

Be careful, it's serious stuff. The executive summary alone is 64 pages.

The same thing in video ... 50 min:

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1ZkKzbPNXjyKv

(20 minutes of talk ... 30 minutes of media questions ...)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/10/21, 12:07

I listened to 35 minutes the blonde and the quality at the height of the rest of the Macron government: nothing to shit!

: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Energy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Energy » 26/10/21, 14:07

The prices are only going up these days it's hell. Ditto with gasoline, we just pay, pay more and more.
I want to change the electricity supplier, do you know some that are not too expensive? I did my research on my own and found on this site https://www.monpetitforfait.com/energie ... lectricite wekiwi and ohm but I don't know what it's worth, I don't know. Has anyone tested? How can these providers offer lower rates than the competition?
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 26/10/21, 15:01

energy wrote:I want to change the electricity supplier, do you know some that are not too expensive? I did my research on my own and found on this site https://www.monpetitforfait.com/energie ... lectricite wekiwi and ohm but I don't know what it's worth, I don't know. Has anyone tested? How can these providers offer lower rates than the competition?

Right now, it would surprise me that for a new subscription you find it cheaper than the regulated tariff of EDF.
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/10/21, 09:14

energy wrote:The prices are only going up these days it's hell. Ditto with gasoline, we just pay, pay more and more.
I want to change the electricity supplier, do you know some that are not too expensive? I did my research on my own and found on this site https://www.monpetitforfait.com/energie ... lectricite wekiwi and ohm but I don't know what it's worth, I don't know. Has anyone tested? How can these providers offer lower rates than the competition?

The answer was a few messages above ... right?

Christophe wrote:

: Mrgreen:

It's always good to reread a few previous posts when posting on a topic ...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 27/10/21, 12:22

Hello,
I stayed with the historical supplier.
One year recap:
EDFestimated-an.gif
EDFestimé-an.gif (19.24 KiB) Viewed 1732 times

summer consumption: Fridge, freezer, washing machine, dryer, TV, 2 computers ... on average 68 € / month

The rest is the air / water heat pump: € 664, in fuel oil I was around 800
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 29/10/21, 23:32

Winter is harsh for Spanish families because of the price of electricity with 213,29 euros per MWh for individuals, a rate never reached in Spain.

The Spanish industry sees the price soar with 125,5 euros per MWh, far from 51,22 euros in France or 87,1 euros in Germany. Spain has not legislated upstream to protect its industries, suddenly the factories are starting to go out of business.

At least five of Spain's major industrial companies have decided to suspend production at their factories due to the price of energy. Sidenor, located in the suburbs of Barcelona and a European-wide steel distributor, has announced the shutdown of certain production lines. Same situation at Fertiberia, distributor of agricultural fertilization products. Some other companies continue to work but raise prices when the products are put on the market. Energy has so far represented 50% of production costs, a figure that has now risen to 80%.

In the Basque Country, Arcelor Mittal has set up a system to carry out short production stoppages at times when electricity is most expensive. Temporary solutions that do not solve the problem of the increase in the price of electricity. If it persists, economists and unions fear relocations of large production centers, but also closures of smaller companies and great difficulties for artisans. Hairdressers, bakers or owners of small shops also consume electricity, without being able to pass the increase in prices on to their customers, who already have to cope with the increase in bills at home. https://www.equinoxmagazine.fr/2021/10/ ... en-espagne
Fortunately for us, we can still count on the nuc :P
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 29/10/21, 23:36

Nothing to do with sauerkraut, you still take the opportunity to do your promotion ...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 30/10/21, 13:54

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:Nothing to do with sauerkraut..

Quite the contrary, everything to do with the subject of the thread "Electricity prices in Europe and France"

Are you with EDF or with a so-called "alternative" supplier? In the second case, let us know when they have sent you the new prices, if you haven't already.
Unless it is even more radical by stopping your contract unilaterally by telling you to go and look elsewhere (case of Leclerc).

0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 30/10/21, 13:56

Nothing to do with sauerkraut (bis) ... the liberalization of energy prices, the fact that certain operators are stuffing themselves with the "real" cost of electricity are two very distinct things and the sentence "Well fortunately for us, we can still count on the nuc "is as stupid as it is irrelevant.
0 x