Brussels EU: Europe still wants more nuclear ...

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Brussels EU: Europe still wants more nuclear ...

by jean63 » 09/03/07, 09:51

For renewable energies in Europe, it's badly barred ==>

http://fr.news.yahoo.com/08032007/5/ang ... e-gaz.html

The European Union should decide to achieve 20% additional energy savings by 2020. It also wants to favor less polluting sources of energy. Angela Merkel proposes to set a quantified and binding target of 20% of renewable energies (hydro, biomass, wind, solar) by 2020. An ambitious target: for the moment, they represent only 6% of the production of in France or 3% in Germany.

Paris, faithful since the 70s to the choice of nuclear power, would prefer an objective relating to "low carbon" energies, that is to say also including clean coal and, especially nuclear, which today represents 40% of its energy production, compared to only 6% for Germany. The latter, under pressure from the Greens, has chosen to gradually withdraw from nuclear power.
Austria, Denmark and Ireland - three non-nuclear countries - oppose the French approach, while 11 other countries dispute the German target of 20% renewable energy. For many of them, this would indeed represent a very significant investment effort and countries like the Czech Republic and Slovakia admit that they cannot achieve this objective. [/
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 09/03/07, 15:05

They could invest in z-pinch research.
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 09/03/07, 16:03

Well, it's finally accepted ... but the compromise:
---
"The 27 have adopted a binding objective of developing renewable energies so that they represent 20% of energy consumption average of the EU by 2020.

Some initially reluctant states, such as France, Finland or Poland, said they were ready Thursday to rally the average European target of 20% (against about 7% today), provided that the future distribution of effort between States takes account of their energy specificities. "

---
Ultimately, this will be like the obligation of municipalities to build social housing, or the Kyoto agreements, with the CO2 exchange, some countries will not follow, but others will have to exceed the objectives. It's not very moral, but in the end, it will always be 20%.
: Mrgreen:
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 10/03/07, 00:24

Ultimately, this will be like the obligation of municipalities to build social housing, or the Kyoto agreements, with the CO2 exchange, some countries will not follow, but others will have to exceed the objectives. It's not very moral, but in the end, it will always be 20%.

What I especially hope: it will be felt in the decisions favorable to French citizens (and to others too, but we are behind in Western Europe) by helping equipment in terms of renewable energy (solar collectors, photovoltaic cells ..) and also for alternative fuels like HVB !!!!! (although not personally concerned for the moment by diesel). : Mrgreen:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 10/03/07, 11:04

Me, what I think from what I understand:
This 20% less CO2 by 2020 represents 20% natural energy not derived from fossil energy.
This is 20% less energy compared to state supplies, which passes through an official meter (gas, electricity). I even wonder if fuel oil heating fits into these calculations?
In other words, if an individual has an independent solar or wind system at home, he will not enter these figures.
France, asserting its nuclear specificity, will make the slightest effort, compared to its European partners…
So it will not really facilitate, in the country, the explosion of renewable energies ...
Aid or lower prices for household supplies.
The mentalities of the leaders change slowly, evolve, probably not fast enough.
But I think that in France, at our individual level, we will be lagging behind as usual, in contradiction with the solemn declarations of our policies.
If the price of supplies for domestic installations falls elsewhere in Europe, we can always buy them there.
This is the only positive point that can be envisaged in your wishes, Jeans
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 10/03/07, 11:56

a little more explanation in
"Roadmap for renewable energy sources"
(Last modification: 9.2.2007)

http://europa.eu/scadplus/leg/fr/lvb/l27065.htm
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 10/03/07, 11:58

geggyx said:

In other words, if an individual has an independent solar or wind system at home, he will not enter these figures.

Well if, anyway: if you have solar heating, a wind turbine, an exercise bike or even a mini atomic power plant at home, you do not buy gas, fuel, current .... you enter statistics indirectly

and then, don't worry, we will always find a way to tax you, pcq doing your own energy, it's like going on foot or by bike, it's tax evasion it's very very naughty !!
: Mrgreen:
you would not want to start thinking, moreover, maybe? : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 10/03/07, 12:02

For many of them, this would indeed represent a very significant investment effort and countries like the Czech Republic and Slovakia admit that they cannot achieve this objective. [/

_
it is quite logical: much more difficult for a Czech without provisions to lower his electricity / heating bill than for Al gore! ________________
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 10/03/07, 19:45

But I think that in France, at our individual level, we will be lagging behind as usual, in contradiction with the solemn declarations of our policies.
If the price of supplies for domestic installations falls elsewhere in Europe, we can always buy them there.
It is the only positive point possible, in your wishes, Jean

See something new in "News": Corinne Lepage joins Bayrou .... there is a chance that things will change at the "econology" level : Mrgreen:
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 10/03/07, 22:00

Bayrou, (a young Chirac), as president, so be it! (relief, if Nicot bites the dust).
But with a majority UDF, whose fever is felt in the constituencies, tempted by the latest polls, and which has always supported, staunch, the majority on the right, in municipalities, regional councils, etc ... No!
So let's wait for the future, for the legislative elections, but I have no illusions for my future.
It would take cohabitation or a rallying government to force him to agree with his campaign statements. Because with a majority UDF, fairly marked philosophically, no hope, if not, a customary deception in our democracies.
Bayrou in the bayou!
0 x