Reviews on the Facom Diesel Injector Cleaner (on Saab 9.3 TiD from 2005)

Buying well and choosing a product or service well means, in addition to being satisfied, consuming less and preserving the planet, it is essential in 2021 to buy better! Also the exchange of information and experiences makes it possible to avoid various scams and crooks. In 2021, it is essential to exchange your experiences of use, positive or negative, because the market for products and services for the consumer has never been so abundant in the history of mankind. Helping to choose better is essential because buying better means buying sustainable!
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Facom Diesel Injector Cleaner review (on Saab 9.3 TiD from 2005)

by Macro » 20/07/21, 14:49

Just something that bothers me looking at this photo….
saab_consumption_3.jpg
saab_consommation_3.jpg (165.71 KiB) Viewed 2379 times

Where did you buy your fuel ??? On the volumeter there is a display of T ° 15 ° C .... Which is the temperature at which the fuel volumes are converted before invoicing them .... In short, it looks like you have refueled in a station equipped with volucompteurs performing a volume conversion (frankly I do not know of any or I had never paid attention to it) .... If necessary this season in a refueling station you have loaded a hotter product, say at 20 ° if you are far from a raff, 25 if the station is in the immediate vicinity of a refining point… You will tell me…. It does not shit masses on 55 liters… if the 55,18 l of diesel converted at 15 ° that you loaded was at 20 ° C real in fact you loaded 55.46 liters if it was at 25 ° 55.73 l .... By adding to that .... The bottom of your tank which was for him has a temperature of easily 50 ° (ca heats strong a common rail injection especially at the end of the tank) In short almost sure. You left your car in place overnight the next day you easily added 1 to 2 liters in the tank .... It's quibbling I know ....
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/07/21, 16:54

Macro wrote:Where did you buy your fuel ??? On the volumeter there is a display of T ° 15 ° C ....

At Escro! : Mrgreen:

Macro wrote:Which is the temperature at which we convert the fuel volumes before invoicing them .... In short, it looks like you have refueled in a station equipped with volumeters performing a volume conversion (frankly I do not know or I do not had never paid attention to it)… .If the case this season in a frequently refueled station, you loaded a hotter product, say at 20 ° if you are far from a raff, 25 if the station is in the immediate vicinity of a refining point… You will tell me… .It does not shit masses on 55 liters… if the 55,18 l of diesel converted at 15 ° that you loaded was at 20 ° C real in fact you loaded 55.46 liters if it was at 25 ° 55.73 l .... By adding to that .... The bottom of your tank which was at a temperature of easily 50 ° (ca heats strong a common rail injection especially at the end of the tank) In short almost on . You left your car in place overnight the next day you easily added 1 to 2 liters in the tank .... It's quibbling I know ....

Uh all the pumps are normalized / calibrated at 15 ° C no (it's just indicated in tiny sometimes)? Isn't that the law or the norm? You are the oil tanker! : Mrgreen:

And I don't think the residual 3 L at 50 ° C (assuming they were so hot) took the place of 4 to 5 L! : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

I have no idea if the display of this pump converts relative to ambient temperature (and therefore delivers more or less fuel than displayed depending on temperature) or if it is an indication of the estimated volume that is really only fair at 15 ° C ...!

Do you have the oil expansion curve?

In any case, it is not these quibbles that made me do not far from 200 km more before refueling since the last full of this spring I was refueling around 850 km ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/07/21, 16:57

Macro wrote:After research ... The 120 hp is a fiat engine (the same block as my alfa 156 8 valve cylinder head) the 150 is a 16 valve which according to the images I found does not look too much like the fiat alfa of the same generation...

Yet the 120 and 150 are the same block it seems to me, it's just the cylinder head that changes from 8 to 16 valves as you found.

The common rail is the same, the injectors too (seen from the outside at least) ...

It's not that important for the subject there ... is it?
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 20/07/21, 17:22

I don't have the expansion curves…. I have astm tables which give a correction factor according to the density and T °… Basically it is 1l per 1000 per degree…

For the engine actually it does not change much whether it is a gm a fiat or a cummins….

If this is the case ... For the deactivation you do not fear much there is an electric pump in the tank ... If you break down dry the engine goes into safety. After putting on the coconut you switch on the ignition you wait 10 seconds you switch off you repeat the operation 3 times and the engine should start without worry ...

For information, the fuel rises to more than 90 ° when it is compressed to 1400bars in the common rail the injection computer corrects the injected volume according to the T ° part of this fuel is returned to the tank some (a lot) auto even have either water / GO exchanger or GO / Air cooling radiators to cool it before returning it to the tank

For the calibration of the distribution volumeters .... I don't know damn if they are corrected in volume according to the T ° ... I am not at this end of the distribution ...

On the other hand (compared to my 2nd job) I go to say at least twice a weekend at the pump and I never pay attention to the display of 2 ° on the volus ... But I do not go to escro , fatal, schnell….
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 20/07/21, 17:41

And for info ... If you do not use the air conditioning .... A car consumes less during the hot period of the year than during the cold period .... And yes the engine T ° phases are shorter (less of "starter") the hot air admitted is less dense (therefore correction of the injection downward to limit pollution) there is also less demand on the electrical consumers (headlights, windshield wipers….) Peanut you will say ... Not that much… .Pedal on an exercise bike or on your electric to have the 240W of lighting…. You will understand (but that I am sure that you know it) when in addition a car alternator has a poor yield of 45 to 50% .... That counts ...

After ... An injector cleaner, engine, egr… .I don't mind…. But you also know that what matters is the way in which we use a car which increases its consumption the most…. Sunday evening taxi (vw caravelle) loaded to 6 people plus luggage Tours la rochelle 2h 30 conso 7.8l / 100 .... Return empty ... 10.8L ... As Guy would say: big con: car vroum vroum autobahn
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/07/21, 22:40

Thank you for taking me for a badger of Macro engine mechanics ... : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Okay so above all do not listen to what I say and do not test this product ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/08/21, 14:15

After 300 km of motorway ... estimated range: +1400 km ... : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

So please, do not test it!

20210722_190558.jpg
20210722_190558.jpg (285.52 KB) Viewed times 2275

20210722_190504.jpg
20210722_190504.jpg (440.16 KB) Viewed times 2275
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/08/21, 12:31

I should exceed 1100 km at the next full tank ... I have you running ... diesel! : Mrgreen:

Yesterday I went to the local Leclerc (a first since the spring 2020 containment), they have the Facom range (in the store but not in the Auto Leclerc center where they went to the Bardahl range... moreover the prices are different from the Auto center on identical products !! : Shock: ) but not the product I bought 7.5 € ... replaced by the HDI cleaner at 21 € ... which I had tested but which works much less well!

Otherwise, I didn't know that there were EGR on petrol engines... : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

Facom Essence range:

Facom_Essence.jpg

Facom Diesel range:

Facom_Diesel.jpg
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 28/08/21, 11:05

Christophe wrote:
Otherwise, I didn't know that there were EGR on petrol engines... : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

Well yes ... they put these marvels of technology everywhere : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

On my TT there is even a big electric air pump which blows in the exhaust pipes during the first minute of cold operation to send more oxygen into the catalyst (they must also send more gasoline) to heat it up immediately ... In short, consume more to pollute less ... I don't really believe in it ...
1 x