How the money king can save the planet ....

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

How the money king can save the planet ....

by jean63 » 26/02/07, 16:12

Found in the website boursorama:

http://www.boursorama.com/infos/actuali ... ws=3982979

Investment funds are everywhere, but here to believe this article they will prevent the construction of several coal plants that send a lot of CO2 into the atmosphere.

In an attempt to cut the grit of critics of the US deal, both consumers and conservationists, the consortium led by KKR, Texas Pacific and Goldman Sachs, has made two commitments .

It promises on the one hand to reduce electricity prices for individuals, up to 10%, and to come back to plans for the construction of coal-fired power plants decided by TXU, which ecologists have accused of contributing to global warming.

Only three of the eleven coal units will eventually be built, a reduction of 75%
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 26/02/07, 16:29

I hope you'll excuse me, Jean for not being as confident as you in the good intentions of these pension funds.
I think that if they come back to these plant constructions, it's not just for reasons of global warming.

Either they hope to avoid too much reaction to their hostile takeover, or it is simply to limit investments which allows to release more dividends.

It has been a century since the capitalist system has ruled the world, and it is by its inconstancy and its blindness to see anything but short-term profits that this dramatic situation has come to pass.

I don't believe the masses in a sudden change in attitude of "these people" (as Brel would have said)
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 26/02/07, 18:38

Targol =>

The title is humor in XNIXXth degree: it is obvious that they do not care totally; they just want to make us think they're doing it a bit, but at the same time if it's true, it's still won ..

I wonder if it does not suit them as the planet heats up.

Besides, just read Hervé Kempf's book "How the Rich Destroy the Planet". I opened a subject which remained in suspense but I will have to get back to it because I have advanced and I would have to release edifying extracts ...... one of these days ... priority issue! !
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).