The century-old mystery. How to live longer?

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Christophe

Re: The mystery of the centenarians. How to live older?

by Christophe » 06/03/21, 10:27

Macro wrote:
Christophe wrote:The cow ... I just saw a fr2 jt report on jane fonda ... 83 years old ... she looks 35-40 !! : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

France 2 : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy: it must be a redif : Cheesy:

Ah yes indeed here I am reassured on the balance of nature ... the video was Deloin and maybe yes it video from a few years ago! : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Nevertheless, there are people in their fifties to see those in their mid-forties who are less well preserved than in the photo you posted! : Mrgreen:

Macro wrote:It reminds me of the other day .... I wandered On tik tok and I came across a "Janic" who praised the benefits of veganism for health .... Ben ... They would do well to change ambassador the vegan ... Ramses' mummy was fresher than she : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

: Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

We'll have to see what "our" janic says about it! : Mrgreen:

Ah he is silent?
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 06/03/21, 12:32

Macro wrote: It reminds me of the other day .... I wandered On tik tok and I came across a "Janic" who praised the benefits of veganism for health .... Ben ... They would do well to change the vegan ambassador ... Ramses' mummy was fresher than she
christophe
We'll have to see what "our" janic says about it!
Ah he is silent?
Me dumb? Never! : Cheesy:
Already I am not vegan and therefore I cannot express myself in their place and place as we have points of difference
However, there are high level athletes among them, even very high level such as extreme sports, which has nothing to do with Ramses mummies. Or even mediatized artists who also have fresh faces and bodies. So the presuppositions and criticisms are totally unjustified. : roll:
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/07/21, 21:30

The US military is preparing to test an "anti-aging" pill

(...)

A "drug" that slows down the decline in physical performance

According to Hawkins, SOCOM has invested nearly $ 2,8 million in this project. This new pill, which is based on a “small molecule of human performance” is the result of collaboration with the biotechnology laboratory Metro International Biotech. Those in charge of the program specify that it is not an ordinary pharmaceutical product, but rather a nutraceutical (or drug), in other words, a kind of food supplement which has a beneficial action on the organism.

The developed formula was designed to improve the physical and mental performance of soldiers, in particular to increase their endurance and their ability to recover from injury. Metro International Biotech did not provide details on the composition of this pill, but this biotechnology company is known to have synthesized precursor compounds of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD +) - a coenzyme found in all living cells, which is involved in many metabolic processes.

“NAD + is of crucial importance for the functioning of all living cells. NAD + levels have been shown to decrease as humans age, ”the company’s website read. However, it has been proven that reduced levels of NAD + are associated with many diseases, in particular rare mitochondrial diseases, which can affect the musculoskeletal system, the heart muscle or the central nervous system.

So, for Metro International Biotech, maintaining optimal levels of NAD + could allow humans to live longer and healthier lives. The compound formulated by the laboratory is therefore likely designed to increase the levels of NAD + and thus maintain the performance of soldiers at a high level throughout their careers.

A potential new anti-aging treatment

Several studies carried out on murine models have also confirmed this hypothesis, showing that the increase in NAD + was associated with a better metabolism. These various research studies report in particular a delay in the degeneration of motor neurons, an improvement in blood circulation and musculoskeletal endurance, an improvement in mitochondrial function, a limitation of age-related body weight gain, etc.

(...)

Clinical trials of the newly developed nutraceutical are scheduled for next year. If the observed performances and the clinical tests are conclusive, the product could potentially be distributed to the civilian population as a new longevity treatment.

https://trustmyscience.com/armee-americ ... lissement/
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 04/07/21, 21:37

We can bet that this miracle pill will be graciously distributed to the whole earth and especially to those whose life expectancy is the shortest ... Pardon "the most Kurt", ach, che me tangles the brushes, mein führer ... : Mrgreen:

Note to stupid: Transhumanism has nothing to do with eugenics. Without dec. 8)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/07/21, 22:09

Kurz bite sehr, kurz, nicht kurt mein HauptFürher! : Mrgreen:

No kidding, instead of giving them pseudo miraculous pills *, they'd better take care of their combat ration ... and stop feeding them junk food! : Cheesy:

1 ration of the French army is exchanged for 3 to 4 US rations it seems!

* even though meth was invented by who you know in the 30s ... it worked! Pervitin: medias / breaking-bad-la-serie-masterpiece-in-October-on-arte-t9997.html
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 04/07/21, 22:24

Christophe wrote:... These various research studies report in particular a delay in the degeneration of motor neurons, an improvement in blood circulation and musculoskeletal endurance, an improvement in mitochondrial function, a limitation in body weight gain linked to the 'age, etc ....

Bad luck for Gadgetdebois, nothing on the improvement of the neurons of the cortex. : Lol:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/05/22, 19:23

Bon appétit!

It's not an elixir of youth, but almost! Researchers at the Quadram Institute in the UK have just developed a way to reverse the effects of aging using the faecal matter transplant technique.

https://www.science-et-vie.com/corps-et ... 85870.html
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 11/05/22, 07:02

When the material stalls aging
2 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...