Gas products of combustion of biofuels

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Zun
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Gas products of combustion of biofuels

by Zun » 16/02/07, 17:03

Hello,
congratulations for this forumI just discovered it and learned a lot of things.

I did some unsuccessful research on the net on compounds derived from the combustion of biofuels. more precisely, I did not find anything on the volative compounds resulting from the combustion. the site of the ademe offers download reports that, unfortunately, do not evoke these problems.

if I turn my question in another way: does the biofuel combo reject products such as bezonpyrene, anthracenes, etc ...

Has anyone ever seen a report, site, or article comparing a “classic” burnpot and biofuel burnout output in terms of organics?

Thanks in advance, good WE,
xavier
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/02/07, 17:17

Uh ... I think, without being sure, there are such analyzes in these documents:
https://www.econologie.com/hvp-rapport-d ... -3043.html
https://www.econologie.com/hvp-rapport-d ... -3044.html

But they only concern pure vegetable oil ...
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 17/02/07, 01:41

This is an EXCELLENT question ... and I would like to know the real answer. Maybe our friend Alain Prost knows the answer (the real surely, but his tongue on the subject will allow it to give the answer?).

There must be a site on "Prost - biofuels"?

one among others, we should search ==>

http://www.vie-publique.fr/actualite/al ... hanol.html
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Zun
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Zun » 20/02/07, 15:31

I answer to myself ...
I found information in Anglosaxon literature. for those with access to scientific journals, the article by RK Niven, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 9 (2005) 535-555 is of great interest. For others, a PM should fix this problem.

The conclusion of the article is rather good for the benzene, particle, NOx, etc., but catastrophic : Evil: concerning acetaldehyde, some studies have shown increases of 700% between E10 (10% bioethanol) compared to a "classic" E0 gasoline. for the record, acetaldehyde is a compound considered to be potentially carcinogenic and is a precursor in the combustion of peroxylacetate nitrate, which is a well-known respiratory irritant.

what to prepare for tender rejoicings by car ...

nothing is so rosy in the country of biofuels ...
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 20/02/07, 21:35

The conclusion of the article is rather good for the aspect benzene, particle, NOx, etc., but catastrophic concerning the acetaldehyde, of which certain studies showed increases of 700% between E10 (10% of bioethanol) compared to a "classic" gasoline E0. for the record, acetaldehyde is a compound considered to be potentially carcinogenic and is a precursor in the combustion of peroxylacetate nitrate, which is a well-known respiratory irritant.

what to prepare for tender rejoicings by car ...

nothing is so rosy in the country of biofuels ...

and here's the job !! When you think you have solved one problem, you create another.

I will become very pessimistic about the future of humanity : Evil:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).