the elec bike electronic case grill why?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
chris333j
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

the elec bike electronic case grill why?

by chris333j » 18/02/07, 12:36

Hello, I got the elements of an electric scooter (24V 250W motor) to adapt them on my bike in order to transform it into a VAE. Everything worked for a few minutes then the electronic unit started to heat and then to smoke and the components inside melted. This case was in a bag and not directly in the open air, could it come from there?
Is it possible to cool it but will it be enough? If this case has to be grilled, it would not come from the engine which turned on the bike much faster than initially planned on the scooter and which was transformed into creator of tension for the case (and the possibility of putting a diode would it be plosible)?
Thank you in advance for all your answers ... Regards
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 18/02/07, 14:15

:frown: Ouh Laaa ...

It lacks details:
- Was the scooter powered by 24v?
- What was the maximum current delivered by the scooter batteries?

- Are you using the same or more powerful batteries?
- How fast was the engine running on the scooter and how fast was it running on the bike?
It would be useful to measure voltage and current to know if it comes from an overvoltage, an overcurrent or 2 ...
0 x
chris333j
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by chris333j » 18/02/07, 16:34

Thanks already for your response.
Regarding the motor I just know that it is a 24V 250W and that it turns @ 2750 RPM because the label with the number of the motor is torn off. I used exactly the same components as for the initial scooter (battery, engine ...).
Perhaps it is due to chance if the case has melted because I found the scooter near a recycling center and even if it worked, I didn't use it for more than 2 min.
I will buy an electronic box from the electric vehicle dealer but I would like this not to happen again and I do not know the cause of it. I hope I have been as clear as possible, thank you again, cordially ...
0 x
μDriver
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by μDriver » 18/02/07, 20:53

it would be nice to place a photo of your elec bike.
For your problem I think it is probably the transmission ratio which is unsuitable, the ratio is too long so the motor consumes far too much and it has burned out the variator.
difficult to give you the right report without knowing your machine better, some details on the current transmission ratio and the diameter of the wheels may help.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

Re: the electronic bike box to grill why

by Other » 19/02/07, 16:19

Hello
chris333j wrote:Hello, I got the elements of an electric scooter (24V 250W motor) to adapt them on my bike in order to transform it into a VAE. Everything worked for a few minutes then the electronic unit started to heat and then to smoke and the components inside melted. This case was in a bag and not directly in the open air, could it come from there?
Is it possible to cool it but will it be enough? If this case has to be grilled, it would not come from the engine which turned on the bike much faster than initially planned on the scooter and which was transformed into creator of tension for the case (and the possibility of putting a diode would it be plosible)?
Thank you in advance for all your answers ... Regards

It should be known if it is a DC motor or an AC motor if it is an element that has to cost enough expensive that risks being AC
But whatever the type of controller, they all undergo heating and require ventilation, and if there is regeneration it must be provided on the controller, if not a long descent and the energy must go somewhere.
This was a problem for a long time with the first drives (ASEA) on lifting equipment.
Does the motor have brushes? or a winding with several poles and a squirrel cage rotor? there are a lot of missing details if you want information

Andre
0 x