Which crusher to produce BRF (Raméal Fragmented Wood)?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Which crusher to produce BRF (Bois Raméal Fragmenté)?

by Ahmed » 27/05/21, 08:14

What do you mean? My photos are not very clear? : Mrgreen: They are better than others that I have put on the wire before and that is the best thing I can do with my unintelligent phone ... : Oops: Let's just say it's a slight artistic blur, right? : Wink:
In any case, it's nice of you to appreciate my little crafts ...
I am impatient to complete the final assembly and the final adjustments (it is the details that make it work well or roughly and this latter condition, in addition to being unsatisfactory, generally proves to be not very durable).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 09/06/21, 13:23

After the few planned adjustments, the day before yesterday I crushed a "backlog" of fairly thin birch branches, so with a fairly average result; I ironed part of the branches en masse, so as to obtain a light stuffing effect: by limiting the suction speed, it allows to better fragment this type of too fine branches.
Today, a heap of walnut branches that had been hanging over me for a while was neatly and very quickly "eradicated"; everything went perfectly well. I will requisition some help * and tackle a very large pile of walnut branches soon. In the meantime, branches of cherry trees from a neighbor have been added to the waiting list, but now that is no longer a problem ... 8)

* It is difficult to succeed in supplying the chipper alone, with an assistant it is possible to make better use of the machine's capacity ... I take this opportunity to remind everyone how important it is to properly prepare the branches before the operation shredding (orientation of the stems and cuttings).
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 28/10/21, 13:58

In recent days, as expected, the whole branch of a large American walnut tree has been chipped ... I now spit directly into a "spring" leaf bag mounted on a wheelbarrow: the capacity is greater than that of the wheelbarrow and I can have a set of bags that give me good autonomy. The trailer is also a possibility that I have often used, but unloading before final distribution is laborious ...
I point out a variation of this type of shredder in two smaller and very light versions, one gasoline, but above all an electric one for those who are interested in this type of engine. The name is downright presumptuous: "forest master"! Here is a presentation video:
0 x
jardama
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jardama » 30/10/21, 12:11

Hello
I started to prospect to buy a vegetable shredder, rather small branches, corn stalks, dried Jerusalem artichokes. I watched the video of "Forest Master FM4DD Compact 4hp Electric Motor AUTO FEED Wood Chipper Chipper".
He grinds quite large pieces all the same.
I am looking for a device that is relatively easy to move.
It seems to me that with a gasoline engine, it is better?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 30/10/21, 14:04

Gasoline is better in certain configurations of use, not in absolute terms: the electric motor has the advantage of simplicity of operation and maintenance for the operator and the disadvantage of being dependent on gasoline. '' a connection to the network or the like.
The weight of the two versions is very comparable, a little over 30 Kg, which is not much, but the price of the petrol version is much higher than the electric (600 € against 400).
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 30/10/21, 14:30

Not to mention the engine torque, available 100% immediately with the electric, which for a shredder that has more or less a tendency to get stuck, is fundamental.
0 x
jardama
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jardama » 30/10/21, 16:36

Ok thank you for your feedback. I'm in no hurry, I'm thinking. In this price range, up to 500 euros, anyway choose the electric, if I follow you.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 30/10/21, 17:28

In terms of price, the thermal model remains relatively expensive compared to its "elder" of 7 CV (but lighter and less bulky); electricity is in the price of slow turbine shredders, with the latter much lower (but less noisy) shredding capacities.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 02/11/21, 07:56

Next site, a Douglas fir that the neighbor wants to cut for fear that it will fall on the road on a windy day: you have to aim well so as not to damage other trees located in the least problematic direction ... c 'is a narrow spatial and not temporal "fire window", as this expression is usually used.
The branch will be milled immediately. To this end, I proceeded to sharpen the blades which had "morflé" well, although the walnut branches were rather soft in green and no foreign object had passed through the grinder, but the steel was not is not of a remarkable quality (steel "to shoe the asses" one said formerly! : Wink: ). With almost certainty, it is a hardened carbon steel, then subjected to a fairly high tempering, which prevents it from being brittle, but its low hardness makes it not very resistant to abrasion and easy to chip.
It would be possible to try a classic tempering with a moderate tempering (straw yellow?) This time, to obtain a superior hold of cut ... It is a rather delicate balance to find between hardness and flexibility, the concern is that it goes very quickly at the decisive moment of income.
Another possibility would be to have alloy steel blades made by a toolmaker: the mixture of additives (chromium, manganese, cobalt, etc.) makes it possible to reconcile hardness, abrasion resistance and flexibility.
0 x
jardama
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jardama » 03/11/21, 15:20

I continue my prospecting. This model seems good to me and an acceptable price:

https://www.agrieuro.fr/broyeur-de-bran ... 16374.html

Maybe someone has used it before?
0 x