Comparative technical choice of cogeneration

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
niceli
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Comparative technical choice of cogeneration

by niceli » 13/02/07, 12:44

Hello,
I will need a quick information.
As part of my project of maturity that I have to make Friday 16 February we are working on cogeneration on a company producing agricultural waste. This company needs 350'000kW for electricity and about 75'000kW for heat in one year. I do not know that it uses technology that allows me to make a cost effective installation that will use the 400 tons of agricultural waste that the company produces (mainly onions) and even more if I can use the waste from a nearby company. I want to make an installation that does not use too much oil (or diesel) to operate to avoid this extra cost.
Thank you for informing me as soon as possible
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 13/02/07, 15:00

Have you looked at biogas ?! (gas generated by the decomposition of waste)
0 x
niceli
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by niceli » 13/02/07, 15:24

Hello,
yes I have to look at the sizing of an installation but it is not clearly explained. So I think I use a gas turbine. But the sizing is always according to the need and not according to the amount of material that we have what is a problem for us because our goal and to save money and if we must use liters and liters oil is not good ... You have an idea of ​​the price of installing a gas turbine about? or I do not know where I can find a list of prices allowing me to complete a maximum of my work.
Does a gas turbine plant need to have a digester for waste?
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 13/02/07, 17:00

At the level of biogas technology, I can not help you ...
However, I can help you analyze your needs. Besides, I do not really understand your question. Is this one of the following choices:

1 - you do not have a huge need for energy, but you have a lot of waste to reprocess. In this case, you can see with EDF if it is possible for you to sell them your excess electricity for example, after coupling a generator.

2 - you have a huge need for energy, but on the other hand, you do not get a large enough waste to reprocess to fill all your needs. In this case, see with your neighbors whether it is possible to recover sufficient biomass from them with viable commercial landings. Or, simply, recover all the reprocessed energy possible and imaginable that will be supplemented by the usual energies.

That's it, hoping to help you clarify your problem ...
0 x
niceli
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by niceli » 13/02/07, 17:51

sorry if it's not clear.
there is a huge need for electricity but little need for heat. and the problem is that I find a lot of site dealing with the sizing of a cogeneration but it never scales the amount of primary energy it takes. Our installation will have to be essentially turned with biogas. I would like to size my installation based on the waste we have and not the energy we need. I do not know if there is a way to calculate that
0 x
emlaurent
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by emlaurent » 13/02/07, 21:39

Some data for your study:
Cogeneration typically produces 1 / 3 electrical energy and 2 / 3 heat.
For you, it's the opposite.
Solution 1: you produce all the necessary heat but would have to buy power or produce it otherwise
Solution 2: you produce the necessary electricity but you will produce too much heat.
Either you have another use nearby, or you throw it but your economic record may be worse.

For waste, 1 ton of vegetable waste gives 0.6 MWh of energy. So 400 Tons gives you 240 MWh / year. it's very rude, because depending on the type of waste.

By the way, when you say it takes
350'000kW for electricity and about 75'000kW for heat in one year

is not it rather kWh ?? confusion is common !!
0 x
niceli
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by niceli » 14/02/07, 07:02

yes it's kWh sorry ...
Ok thank you I think the 1 solution is better by producing the right amount of heat.
Thank you a thousand times it's super nice it will allow me to finish in order my study ...
0 x