Make leavened bread

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Make leavened bread

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 19/04/21, 12:55

0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 19/04/21, 13:12

OBAMOT: "I think I said a lot of bullshit ...". : Arrowd:

to hang on to the branches.jpg
seraccaillerauxbranches.jpg (10.45 KiB) Viewed 2665 times
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 19/04/21, 13:18

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:You are right.

No, no, not me. : Cheesy: My opinion is irrelevant. But it's worth thinking about it because these degradations can even be done “at room temperature".

Why do you want to protect LC AG3 PUFAs from oxidation?
Mechanisms of the oxidation of polyunsaturated fatty acids and the main products formed

The oxidation of lipids is an auto-catalytic reaction. It is a chain of radical reactions taking place schematically in three stages: initiation, propagation and termination (figure 1) [4]. In the presence of an initiator, a hydrogen atom is torn from the acyl chain of a fatty acid, forming a free lipid radical (L °). In ω3 LC-PUFAs, this initiation phase is favored by the presence of 5 or 6 unconjugated double bonds, the hydrogens in the bis-allylic position (4 for EPA, 5 for DHA) being particularly labile. Possible at room temperature, the initiation of the reaction is favored due to a rise in temperature, by the presence of metal ions (Fe, Cu), hydroperoxides, enzymatic systems producing activated oxygen species or enzymatic catalysts (lipoxygenase). Following the initiation phase, molecular oxygen binds to one side or the other of the pendadienyl radical formed by delocalization of electrons from the double bonds flanking the bis-allylic H. The peroxyl radicals (LOO °), very unstable, tear off, during the propagation of the reaction, labile hydrogens belonging to new fatty acid molecules or to already oxidized fatty acids, to form hydroperoxides. The oxidation of EPA thus results in the formation of 8 positional isomers having cis, trans or trans, trans configurations, i.e. 16 monohydroperoxides and 20 for DHA to which must be added dihydroperoxides, epoxy-hydroperoxides and molecules obtained by cyclization of peroxyl radicals (hydroperoxy epidioxides, hydroperoxy bicycloendoperoxides). The

PUFA-LC ω3 hydroperoxides are particularly unstable, especially in the presence of transition metal ions. They combine during the termination phase to form dimers or polymers, or break down. They then generate numerous non-radical secondary compounds possessing various chemical functions (saturated and unsaturated aldehydes, ketones, alcohols, acids, hydrocarbons, furans, etc.). These compounds are either volatile molecules of low molecular weight or non-volatile products which remain carriers of the initial glyceridic structure; this is for example the case with esterified aldehydes or “core-aldehydes”. [...]

The rate of oxidation reactions is in fact about twice as high at 10 ° C as at 0 ° C. [...]
https://www.ocl-journal.org/articles/oc ... 12p133.pdf

[There are a lot of such studies these days, and they all say pretty much the same]

Morality,

- everything that contains polyunsaturated fatty acids should be kept at the lowest possible temperatures.
- the more we cook, the more we are cooked : Mrgreen:

Now you can put me back on your “ignore” list Guy! : Shock:
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 19/04/21, 13:26

You can say whatever you want, but when it comes to Izy's nut bread, there is little chance that it will be saturated with trans acids for the reasons I mentioned. The rest is irrelevant.
1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 19/04/21, 14:27

Except that it seems wrong to me. First, it doesn't matter what the causes of the degradation are, eh (it's just a difference in temperature, without dec) Because you need a CIS-CIS form of AGPl and it is very sensitive to heat. From memory the seeds should not be heated to more than 40 ° C (flax, walnuts, etc. anything containing omega-3 / omega-6)

Without wishing to be categorical, apart from the oxidation, the cis-trans somerism temperature of an oil is also not the same depending on the oil if we want to preserve the CIS-CIS form (from memory).

You would put olives in bread, no problem, it is said that olive oil supports cooking in many books.
For walnut oil, flaxseed oil, or for walnuts, increasing the temperature for any reason, I don't think that's good.
Moreover, heated (or too degraded) linseed oil is hepatotoxic, it can even lead to death (if you heat it too much).

There you go ... but I'm not preventing anyone from getting better information.
Last edited by Obamot the 19 / 04 / 21, 14: 41, 1 edited once.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 19/04/21, 14:38

You are always right.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 19/04/21, 14:42

Not me, find out. Honestly, I wash my hands of it, but then completely. :)
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 19/04/21, 14:47

Obamot wrote:Not me, find out. Honestly, I wash my hands of it, but then completely. :)

I inquired. Regarding nut bread, no trans acids.
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 19/04/21, 15:15

We dream .... I summarize:
- on a pretty cool topic, Izentrop takes the trouble to build a simple and well done video showing how he makes his bread
- thereupon, the other arrives and after a soothing message, advises him on the one hand to eat 6 times less bread per day and on the other hand not to put nuts in it, which will produce "toxic compounds" and irritants ".
-And then it goes off like a lollipop with the rumen of the ruminants, ...
- To finish with "I wash my hands".

And eat well your frozen nuts and avoid polluting the few subjects that remain subjects of sharing, even if we recognize your expertise in the field of "toxic and irritant".
2 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 19/04/21, 16:32

sicetaitsimple wrote:- To finish with "I wash my hands".
: Twisted:
sicetaitsimple wrote:And eat well your frozen nuts
Though
Epidemiological and nutritional studies have shown the importance of the consumption of Omega 3 fatty acids in the prevention of cardiovascular risks. Therefore, ingestion of alpha-linolenic (18: 3n-3 or ALA), eicosapentaenoic (20: 5n-3 or EPA) and docosahexaenoic (22: 6n-3 or DHA) acids is recommended. However, the polyunsaturated structure of these acids promotes their oxidation when they are in the presence of oxygen and various agents, such as UV rays, transition metals and high temperatures (> 100-150 ° C). Several examples of the impact of heating and the way of preserving food on the loss of Omega 3 have been listed.
Studies on frying oils show that the ALA content of oils decreases when the temperature is increased and the number of cooking cycles is increased, beyond 180 ° C and 12 frying cycles, the loss of ALA can reach 30%. On the other hand, this loss is less than 7% when the temperature does not exceed 180 ° C for 8 cycles, even when these oils are rich in ALA (rapeseed and soya).
The ways in which fish are preserved can influence EPA and DHA levels. Freezing alters these fatty acids, up to 80% after 24 months of storage http://bibliomer.ifremer.fr/consult.php?ID=2004-2613
The concern therefore arises for long storage in conditions outside the normal, as with other oils.
They are just a little more sensitive to oxidation.
But OK ! it is about 80 gr of whole walnuts, not pressed and not pre-chewed nor predigested by a cow. : Mrgreen:

If there was a problem it would know. No one to my knowledge has raised a problem even in a very long fermentation https://www.latribunedesmetiers.fr/nouv ... an-remesy/

There is a known oxidation problem with stone grinding, because of the burst germ, making the conservation limited, risk excluded with my bread-making which immediately follows the grinding. : Wink:
1 x