Start the "phenoculture"

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Régine
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Start "phenoculture"

by Régine » 16/04/21, 15:49

Doris wrote:
Régine wrote: But I understand that most of your plantings go through transplanting.
For carrot seedlings, my soil being very heavy, I always made a furrow and filled with a mixture of terror and sand. I will try the same for this year.

Without wanting to disturb the inter-Belgian exchange, I will just take the liberty of answering the question of transplanting: I believe there are several of us doing most of our cultures with transplanting, quite simply because for my part
1) I have trouble with direct seedlings, because I have a lot of organic matter on my sandy soil, and therefore all the time also matter at a stage of decomposition, which makes germination difficult, or so material, which does not lend itself to it, such as ground material
2) According to our different climate, it is one of the safest way to control temperature, humidity and soil pest access
3) for carrots transplanting turns out to be complicated and therefore direct sowing, there I have one in progress it has emerged, I have the impression that it works (mixed sowing of carrots and radish). Obviously, being on sandy soil, I won't add more sand, but even in heavy soil, don't underestimate the carrots, it's coustaud, I have family with a vegetable garden in clay soil, they just make a carrot seed-sand mixture, to have a softer seedling, and their carrots are beautiful every year.

Yes, I will continue my transplanting for certain vegetables. Regarding the beans, I tested the seedlings in pots for one year but during transplanting, I had rains which flooded the garden ... result total loss of the bean plants, they did not have time to settle on the ground. I will try again anyway, the ground being covered, I think that I will have less damage. For the carrots, I'll try cutting the hay :P and dig a furrow, sow and cover with sand.
0 x
Régine
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Start "phenoculture"

by Régine » 16/04/21, 15:52

Moindreffor wrote:at the PP everything is good, so don't worry too much, you just have to keep in mind in a simplified way that the greener the more it is great and that the more it is brown the longer it takes

the super of allows to boost your culture, but you quickly empty the tank, it is necessary to renew, the brown, it grazes at the beginning, but after a year or even a little more this is what is the best to improve the soil

and therefore between pure uses of grass or forest pallet, you have all the possible mixtures, it all depends on your patience and what you want to cultivate

thank youiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :D
0 x