The latest figures and weather consequences of global warming

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The latest figures from global warming

by ABC2019 » 18/02/21, 20:23

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:Emergency generators already exist in most hospitals, it seems to me. And anyway, "all this is not for tomorrow". So I stick to current realities. Who tells us that tomorrow, precisely, there will not be "anti-freeze" wind turbines? : Cheesy:

antifreeze or not, when there is no wind, it will give nothing at all ....

https://www.lemondedelenergie.com/energ ... 019/12/06/

and no, graphene, that won't work either : roll:
not for tomorrow? I remind you that officially the carbon budget authorized not to exceed 1,5 ° C is at best only 15 years of current consumption, and according to some already exceeded.

https://www.carbonbrief.org/analyse-que ... es-celcius

So I repeat: the fight against RC is no fun.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 27/02/21, 08:29

Circulation in the Atlantic Ocean at its lowest in a millennium
Circulation in the Atlantic Ocean that underlies the Gulf Stream, the weather system that brings warm and mild weather to Europe, is at its lowest in over a millennium, and climate degradation is the likely cause. , according to new data.

Further weakening of the Atlantic Meridional Reversing Circulation (AMOC) could lead to more storms hitting the UK, more intense winters and increased heatwaves and damaging droughts across Europe.

Scientists predict that AMOC will weaken further if global warming continues, and could reduce by about 34% to 45% by the end of this century, which could bring us closer to a "tipping point." failover ”at which the system could become irrevocably unstable. A weakened Gulf Stream would also raise sea levels on the United States' Atlantic coast, with potentially disastrous consequences.

Stefan Rahmstorf, from the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, who co-authored the study published Thursday in Nature Geoscience , told the Guardian that a weakening of the AMOC would increase the number and severity of storms hitting Britain and lead to more heat waves in Europe.

He said the spread had already slowed by around 15% and the effects were visible. "In 20 to 30 years it is likely to weaken further, and that will inevitably influence our climate, so we would see an increase in storms and heat waves in Europe, and sea levels rising on the east coast of the United States, "he said.
1 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 27/02/21, 08:45

izentrop wrote:Circulation in the Atlantic Ocean at its lowest in a millennium
Circulation in the Atlantic Ocean that underlies the Gulf Stream, the weather system that brings warm and mild weather to Europe, is at its lowest in over a millennium, and climate degradation is the likely cause. , according to new data.

you and ...

Rahmstorf and scientists at Maynooth University in Ireland and University College London in the UK concluded that the current weakening has not been observed for at least the past 1000 years, after studying the sediments , Greenland ice cores and other indirect data that revealed weather patterns of the past. time. AMOC has only been measured directly since 2004.

again, we compare indirect reconstructions of poor temporal resolution and quantitatively uncertain, with precise modern measurements and high temporal resolution. Scientifically, it doesn't make sense.

Further weakening of the Atlantic Meridional Reversing Circulation (AMOC) could lead to more storms hitting the UK, more intense winters and increased heatwaves and damaging droughts across Europe.

"could"? What does "could" mean? does it mean "could .... or not"? if we don't know, we can always say "could", so if that happens we will say that we were right, and if that does not happen we will still have been right because we had not said that it was "certain".

"Could", it is not falsifiable, therefore not scientific, according to the "normal" canons of science.

In short, pure "climate science", with all its usual flaws.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 27/02/21, 08:50

oups
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 27/02/21, 08:57

ABC2019 wrote:
izentrop wrote:Circulation in the Atlantic Ocean at its lowest in a millennium

you and ...

Rahmstorf and scientists at Maynooth University in Ireland and University College London in the UK concluded that the current weakening has not been observed for at least the past 1000 years, after studying the sediments , Greenland ice cores and other indirect data that revealed weather patterns of the past. time. AMOC has only been measured directly since 2004.

again, we compare indirect reconstructions of poor temporal resolution and quantitatively uncertain, with precise modern measurements and high temporal resolution. Scientifically, it doesn't make sense.

"could"? What does "could" mean? does it mean "could .... or not"? if we don't know, we can always say "could", so if that happens we will say that we were right, and if that does not happen we will still have been right because we had not said that it was "certain".

"Could", it is not falsifiable, therefore not scientific, according to the "normal" canons of science.

In short, pure "climate science", with all its usual flaws.

You could give us a less moldy speech.
We really wonder why you hang out here and that you are not Minister of Science?
1 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 27/02/21, 09:08

eclectron wrote:You could give us a less moldy speech.
We really wonder why you hang out here and that you are not Minister of Science?

If you don't mind contradicting the second principle, but trust uncertain measurements and vague predictions, that's your business. For me, it's the opposite. This is what I learned to be from science, and I apply it in every discussion I participate in.
0 x

eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 27/02/21, 09:46

ABC2019 wrote:

if you don't mind contradicting the second principle
which report ???
First of all, it is for a very specific device on which we have no absolute certainties. I do not question the second principle in absolute terms.

ABC2019 wrote: but that you trust uncertain measurements
Why don't you tell the climatologists, who according to you obviously are all idiots. Each post is the same blah
As for Thibado and his team, physicists who work and do not know the second principle?

If I follow you, only you know better than everyone else, better all those who work and all screw up. So I reiterate, why are you bothering here to delude yourself and why not apply to be Minister of Science?
1 x
whatever.
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 27/02/21, 10:09

eclectron wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:

if you don't mind contradicting the second principle
which report ???
First of all, it is for a very specific device on which we have no absolute certainties. I do not question the second principle in absolute terms.

a principle applies to everything, there is no exception, and if there is only one, it is necessary to abandon the principle: for example the only "particular device" of the Michelson interferometer which showed the invariance of the speed of light in ONE experiment was enough to destroy all Newtonian mechanics and have to replace it with the theory of relativity. And a single experiment contrary to relativity would be enough to bring it down in its turn, even if one has not yet observed any.

The connection is that you make judgments on what I say about scientific work, while you show yourself that you have only a very rough idea of ​​what scientific rigor is.

Why don't you tell the climatologists, who according to you obviously are all idiots. Each post is the same blah
As for Thibado and his team, physicists who work and do not know the second principle?

If I follow you, only you know better than everyone else, better all those who work and all screw up. So I reiterate, why are you bothering here to delude yourself and why not apply to be Minister of Science?

well yes, I say that there are bad scientists and good scientists, and when I find that there are bad scientists, I say it, and I say why. Yes Thibado is for me a bad physicist, and this is confirmed by the fact that he could not answer anything when I showed him that his project would amount to violating the second principle, a good physicist would certainly have answered me. explaining why I was wrong if that had been the case.

I am not saying that it is "everyone" who is wrong, and I do not see why there would only be a "minister of science" to do good science!
0 x

eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 27/02/21, 17:41

ABC2019 wrote:
eclectron wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:if you don't mind contradicting the second principle
which report ???

a principle applies to everything, there is no exception, and if there is only one, it is necessary to abandon the principle: for example the only "particular device" of the Michelson interferometer which showed the invariance of the speed of light in ONE experiment was enough to destroy all Newtonian mechanics and have to replace it with the theory of relativity. And a single experiment contrary to relativity would be enough to bring it down in its turn, even if one has not yet observed any.

The connection is that you make judgments on what I say about scientific work, while you show yourself that you have only a very rough idea of ​​what scientific rigor is.

well yes, I say that there are bad scientists and good scientists, and when I find that there are bad scientists, I say it, and I say why. Yes Thibado is for me a bad physicist, and this is confirmed by the fact that he could not answer anything when I showed him that his project would amount to violating the second principle, a good physicist would certainly have answered me. explaining why I was wrong if that had been the case.

I am not saying that it is "everyone" who is wrong, and I do not see why there would only be a "minister of science" to do good science!

always the understanding of traviole ... the subtleties and you that make .... 2 times infinity. : Lol:
not even want to waste time responding to a pierced brain.
2 x
whatever.
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/03/21, 09:22

0 x