Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Did67 » 26/02/21, 00:37

Rust COHLE wrote:
Didier if by any chance you have a formula on hand to calculate the mbar for the tensiometer with my soil (57% sands, 32% silts, 11% clays), I am taker.
... / ...

Didier and the others, on the LaBonneGraine site as you know there is an interesting choice of potatoes, including the RIKEA, after you have to see the prices if it's interesting ...

There is no formula. But we can estimate. I am going to make a video on the question, with a little manipulation easy enough to do which allows us to determine this in a "stupid" but fairly precise way ...

Mine comes in at - 600 mbar with a potted strawberry plant that still shows no signs of wilting!

I found some Rikea by chance this morning in the garden center in the village below ...
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 26/02/21, 07:32

Rust COHLE wrote:Didier and the others, on the LaBonneGraine site as you know there is an interesting choice of potatoes, including the RIKEA, after you have to see the prices if it's interesting ...

Yes, but they were unavailable when I looked. I finally found them in the garden center, but as Didier said, you had to know the primlady correspondence, and read the label in detail. They were absolutely not put forward.
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Did67

by Did67 » 26/02/21, 08:36

They made the marketing choice of a "brand" - like "PinkLady" ... They say to themselves that gardeners do not "know" the varieties, their characteristics, but "flash" on brands! [and they're not completely wrong!]
0 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 26/02/21, 10:15

yesterday I went to the local nursery (which is between my apartment and my job) to pick up the strawberries. They have a whole range of PDT to plant, in the form of small tubers, they also have their own soil (made a few tens of km away and also bagged there). I quickly spoke with the manager of the vegetable garden section who told me that even for other varieties of PDT they could place orders.
Very cool for the future that ...

It's still 'achement better than gamm vert!
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 26/02/21, 10:37

Rajqawee wrote:It's still 'achement better than gamm vert!

Overall I agree, but gamm vert depends on the store managers and the team in place. Their store closest to me is very responsive in finding you special things, sometimes they can't, but there is already the will. I recently looked at their choice of potatoes, well, it was surprising, a lot of different varieties, rarer varieties as well. But it is their choice, you go to a store of the same brand a little further away, it is much less well stocked, and yet the nearest store is in a village, the other in a small town.
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Did67

by Did67 » 26/02/21, 10:46

Many of these "brands" are franchises. Sometimes it is even a mix of the two: owned stores "coexist" with franchises of the same brand.

For franchises, store managers are owners. They pay royalties to use the brand, its central, advertising campaigns, marketing, logo, flyers, etc.

Depending on the case, these stores have the choice (or not) of ordering outside the central. And there, as with any merchant, some rely on what marketing and the purchasing center provide, and others do their utmost!
1 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 26/02/21, 11:01

Did67 wrote:Many of these "brands" are franchises. Sometimes it is even a mix of the two: owned stores "coexist" with franchises of the same brand.

For franchises, store managers are owners. They pay royalties to use the brand, its central, advertising campaigns, marketing, logo, flyers, etc.

Depending on the case, these stores have the choice (or not) of ordering outside the central. And there, as with any merchant, some rely on what marketing and the purchasing center provide, and others do their utmost!

absolutely. We often come back to the dependent person! I will tell you more when we have our land (the Corsica apartment being for sale, this should be done in 2021) and that we will be better off getting supplies from larger areas.
0 x
Julienmos
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Julienmos » 26/02/21, 20:44

just to present you this revolutionary tool which should be very popular here ... especially if it also cuts the aneciques very cleanly : Mrgreen: : Wink:

https://www.lhommemoderne.fr/outils-du- ... AYQAvD_BwE
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 26/02/21, 20:55

Julienmos wrote:just to present you this revolutionary tool which should be very popular here ... especially if it also cuts the aneciques very cleanly : Mrgreen: : Wink:

weapon of mass destruction : Evil:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 26/02/21, 21:21

Moindreffor wrote:
Julienmos wrote:just to present you this revolutionary tool which should be very popular here ... especially if it also cuts the aneciques very cleanly : Mrgreen: : Wink:

weapon of mass destruction : Evil:

Which must quickly become dull when the ground is stony. Another gadget not given more.
0 x