Fantasy values ​​of an outdoor sensor

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Phil532140
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Fantasy values ​​of an outdoor sensor

by Phil532140 » 11/02/21, 15:44

Bonjour à tous
The outside sensor of my boiler has been displaying fanciful values ​​for some time: Is it an aging sensor? I specify that it works more or less correctly around 10/12 ° but when the temperature goes down it tells nonsense. Today it is -4 °, she announces 5 °: Should we change it? Do you have an opinion?
0 x
Christophe

Re: Fantasy values ​​of an outdoor sensor

by Christophe » 11/02/21, 16:06

Generally, the sensor (probe) in itself is rather reliable and if it is no longer then it is ON / OFF ... (open circuit, short circuit, cut cable ...)

When it works "halfway", I therefore fear that it is rather the regulation that causes concern (resistance or worn capacitor ...)

Find out about the type of probe (usually PT100 ... but it can be a K too ...) and try to connect another ... (the K's are for multimeters so very easy to test if you are team).

In short, start by finding the instructions for the regulation.
0 x
Phil532140
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Fantasy values ​​of an outdoor sensor

by Phil532140 » 11/02/21, 16:40

Thank you
KTY81 / 110 in a box ... But I imagine that the component is not alone on the printed circuit?
I just recalibrated it at the current temperature ... To see ... Sometimes ...
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."