Nicolas Hulot are wrong ...

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 31/01/07, 14:27

Jean63 wrote: I will write to JM.Jancovici to find out if he admits that it is a (good) partial solution to CO2 emissions (HVB: global CO2 balance = zero). in his book "the full SVP", he is not pro-bio fuel but for more taxes encouraging people to consume less ....... one does not prevent the other. The solution would be to tax what emits CO2 and not to tax HVB which does not emit "globally".

Jancovici has already done a very good article on biofuels and HVB in particular:
http://www.manicore.com/documentation/carb_agri.html

Otherwise, as Christophe puts it very well, not only does one prevent the other, but one promotes the other.

PS: Don't understand, url tags don't work :|

[Modif Targol] Correction of the link (you forgot the ":" between "http" and "//") [/ modif Modo Targol]
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Nicolas Hulot, or ecology at the service of big capital

by freddau » 31/01/07, 14:44

"With the unanimous support of the media helping, Nicolas Hulot is making a splash with the misfortunes of the planet. In the name of an 'ecological pact', which he wants 'transpolitical', his book and his site are successful," notes Guy Leboutte in La Libre Belgique. The author recalls in passing the links of the host, "his pumps and his works, friends and projects. Marketing and sponsorship, derivative products, lines of 4x4 vehicles labeled Ushuaia… money, oil and CO2 are flowing freely in the wake of the tele-ecologist of TF1. "

"Faced with this great media machine, we must refocus the ecological question, away from the image of the soothing world that the ubiquitous entertainment industry is building for us day after day", Judge Guy Leboutte. "We must give back their place to some massive and overwhelming observations, which weigh on humanity but are daily marginalized in collective representation." Because, for the author, the proposals of Nicolas Hulot are far from being as neutral as they may appear. They constitute a new justification for misery.

And to justify his point with a few examples. In 2002, children died of hunger in Argentina when this country with an emblematic name, of 38 million inhabitants, ensures an agro-food production allowing it to easily feed more than 100 million people. India exports grain when half of its children suffer from malnutrition. "And on a planet where food production is large enough to be sufficient for humanity, 24 people die every day from the consequences of hunger", says the author, citing the opening address of the Secretary General of the Nations United at the World Food Summit in Rome, June 000, 10.

"Hunger and misery are not due to a lack of economic growth or to the limits of agricultural productivity, they are an effect of the social distribution of resources, a consequence of social relations. Their reduction is not a technical challenge. or scientific, but a social problem, everyone's business, an eminently political question. The social question is not a matter of expertise, but of debate. " However, "since Antiquity, the elites have devoted constant efforts to disguise the reality of poverty, aimed at the governed of course, but also for their own peace of mind."

For Guy Leboutte, there is no doubt that "the friend of multinationals, Nicolas Hulot, is undoubtedly part of this ancestral lineage that is too respectful - and too profitable! - of social injustices. He works with others towards capitalism. green which will save the essential: inequalities. Nothing more. The German Grünen are already strongly won over to this movement, and with them a growing number of intelligent or cynical bosses. "

Therefore, "if we follow recommendations presented as technical, like those, not transpolitical, but apolitical, of Nicolas Hulot, the real powers will be free from any questioning. As such, they will impose all the more easily unfair solutions making the poorest pay the price of adjustment once again.We could then only witness a renewal of domination in new forms, with a renewed ideological mystification, where the argument an ecological constraint not socially analyzed would replace more or less the current and supposedly intangible law of the markets. "

And to conclude: "Such is, poor people of all countries, the new necessity that the mainstream media will sell you, such is the plan of the triumphant elites. You will believe that you are saving your descendants, but you will ensure their subjection to wage labor, a regime which has brought the species to the brink of suicide. You will think you are sacrificing for life and for the planet, but you will feed Moloch. As they cycle to work, your grandchildren, through their taxes and their purchases, will finance the jet-society, authorized carbon dioxide, of the heirs of Mr. Hulot and his supporters. "

http://www.courrierinternational.com/ar ... j_id=70323
Last edited by freddau the 31 / 01 / 07, 17: 43, 1 edited once.
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 31/01/07, 14:46

Well,

I took this article from international mail.
I book it, gross of formwork and I will have to read the pact of Nico in detail to be able to criticize this article.
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 31/01/07, 16:17

freddau wrote:I took this article from international mail.

Uh, are you subscribed? because you don't have access to the item without being subscribed.
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 31/01/07, 17:47

Yes, I am subscribed ...

but hey I wanted to share this with you.
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 31/01/07, 19:05

freddau wrote:Yes, I am subscribed ...

Well no problem, thank you for sharing it with us, especially since Courrier international generally reads events "differently", let's say more objective and more detailed than many others in the written press.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 31/01/07, 20:27

antoinet111 wrote:[...] this morning they were all to stroke Hulot, not one of them in the pants, they are all afraid of it! distressing
Why would it be distressing? : Shock:
On the contrary, it is very good that the candidates are "afraid" of it ...

At least, the media power of NH will serve to move things forward, well we can hope ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Nicolas Hulot, or ecology at the service of big capital

by Woodcutter » 31/01/07, 20:49

bham wrote:
freddau wrote:Yes, I am subscribed ...

Well no problem, thank you for sharing it with us, especially since Courrier international generally reads events "differently", let's say more objective and more detailed than many others in the written press.
It seems to me that "Courrier International" is a compilation of articles and does not have a team of journalists of its own, right?

Still, it is necessary to be wary of "reputations" (in this case, these are the qualifiers goal et search that I'm targeting directly).
Indeed, in the prose of Mr Leboutte who writes for Libre Belgique, I see after 3 lines this:

freddau wrote:"With the unanimous support of the media helping, Nicolas Hulot is making a splash with the misfortunes of the planet. In the name of an 'ecological pact', which he wants 'transpolitical', his book and his site are successful," notes Guy Leboutte in La Libre Belgique. The author recalls in passing the links of the host, "his pumps and his works, friends and projects. Marketing and sponsorship, derivative products, lines of 4x4 vehicles labeled Ushuaia… Money, oil and CO2 are flowing freely in the wake of the tele-ecologist from TF1. "[...]

Notwithstanding the fact that the "Ushuaia" brand belongs to TF1 it seems to me (we should find an article which appeared on an econology post, at the beginning of the "Hulot adventure") and not to NH (which is an employee of TF1), reading this kind of nonsense does not put me in confidence with this Mr. Leboutte ...

Why ? Because these famous 4*4, a term purposely chosen to horrify the reader, in the case of products attached to NH, are in fact very simple Peugeot Partners in a special finish, just fitted with a limited-slip differential and an aluminum shoe of protection under the engine ...

So from this stage of reading the article, I can not help wondering if all the reasoning is also twisted, or if the analysis is valid on any point ... : roll:
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 31/01/07, 20:55

If you want to see his program, you have to vote for him and quickly because there are now 32 signatures but I think he will only move from 200 signatures

[Modo Targol addition] We are talking about J. Bové here [/ Modo Targol addition]

Signing is already done. Anyway, he goes there, I just saw him on the news, he files his candidacy tomorrow morning.

He will make a boo to the other ecologists of all stripes.

In my opinion, in terms of competence, it must be able to tackle all the hot topics of the globalized world in detail.

If he is also competent in the field of HVB which does not surprise me knowing the agricultural environment and cultures by the fact that his father was a researcher at INRA, it is perfect. But he could never be a leader or in the Lula or Chavez style (but they have either cultivable surfaces - Brazil - or petroleum - Chavez -). We in France have ideas (some) and nuclear power plants !!! it's hard to change all that.

We will see what the repercussions of his declaration of candidacy will have.

It should not trigger a 2nd April 2002 !!
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).