The Autonomous You Tubers

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: The Autonomous You Tubers

by Did67 » 29/08/19, 12:47

Moindreffor wrote: we who follow you, we often prefer to ask you the question of looking for ourselves ...

Ah, the bastards!
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 29/08/19, 14:53

Did67 wrote:
Moindreffor wrote: we who follow you, we often prefer to ask you the question of looking for ourselves ...

Ah, the bastards!

you teach laziness so well : Mrgreen: do not be surprised
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 29/08/19, 14:54

Did67 wrote:That being said, I am surprised at both the sustainability of my book's audience, as well as the "background pace" of my video audience.

Without doing anything, nor publish, + 331 subscribers these last 28 days. Astonishing! More 21 500 now. It goes up, up, up, very slowly, but regularly. Whatever I do. Including nothing!

Word of mouth surely.

2019-08-29_12h40_44 Youtube.png

which proves that you are doing more work than fashion, which is clearly better

fashionable youtubers show a harvest of tomatoes and are very happy, I am currently harvesting the same thing and I say I still missed my tomatoes, we do not live on the same vegetable planet
1 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
VetusLignum
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by VetusLignum » 15/01/21, 13:04

An interesting video on the issue of autonomy and resilience
0 x
alkaline
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by alkaline » 15/01/21, 14:35

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:(...) I became interested in the sociological phenomenon of what I call “autonomist You Tubers”.

It is crazy the number of people more or less young who start or want to embark on projects of "autonomy"
(...)
Curious indeed that all these people, mostly friendly, believe to have discovered everything while the 60 years (for what I knew) the speech was identical and that maybe 50 years before it was the same.

Well that said the title of the subject was not chosen by chance since we are autonomous but not without the GAFA ... should not push either.

Paradoxical for who claims to live in a cabin, truck, tries on a field in the woods ...

Not to mention of course the vital mobile phone and subscription to the provider.
But how to survive the baba cool 60 / 70 years.

In short all this is steeped in contradictions more or less well assumed because if you comment videos in this sense we do not give you any answer of course: courage flee

In any case it's interesting to follow these phenomena and to see what will be the life of these experiments / YouTube channels

That said I have not found any that shows me a food autonomy: it speaks it speaks but not images Imageif you find some I'm interested.

Some chains found
the excavator
live in the forest
the Gallic and his family
my autonomous farm

There too if you know of others to continue studying the issue.

I generally share your point of view Adrien.

In general, I find these young people (let's say in their thirties) rather sympathetic in the sense that they have discovered that the consumer society is not the key to happiness and that they want to share this discovery. Without realizing that they are pure products of this company ... but hey who is not in our regions ?!

I think every generation has its times, and re-discovers things. I like this naivety because it gives an optimistic and fresh side. it also gives us booster shots in case we got crusted : Wink:

When it comes to autonomy, they also make me laugh between the one who explains how to be autonomous in peanuts, the one who lives without water or electricity from the network but has his line washed at mom's, those who start at 2 and end up alone or the one who thinks of living healthily in the forest and feeds on sandwich bread and canned goods recovered from unsold supermarket ... ouhouhou my ribs hurt : Lol:

And I'm not even talking about autonomy in itself because you have described the contradictions well in your post and besides autonomy why do it?

Having said that, well ... I like them and the proof is that I watch their video from time to time ... they often have cleverness and the courage to go for it. If they manage to make a living from their small business, well my goodness the better for them. They live off what they want to do that's cool. I think I envy them a little, they are young, beautiful and they dared. It's a little annoying : Cheesy:
0 x
it depends
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 15/01/21, 14:57

The problem is not so much in their method, or in their contradictions, but rather in their way of presenting things.

None of these projects is stand-alone. As long as you use any manufactured item, you are NOT autonomous. You can't even fix the blade of your knife! (for the most part) So with your batteries, your solar panels and your PE films for your mini greenhouse, you make me laugh the autonomist.

No, if they were at least intellectually honest, they would present it as a challenge. An experiment. A path. There, it would make more sense, "I'm going to try to live in such a way, with such criteria, to see if it's interesting".

OK no problem. And in fact chains of this type, there are a few:
-all the guys who do "primitive technology", who are interesting. They never claimed to live like that, they just show survival skills or life with 0 manufactured items.
-people who build chalets in the middle of nature (with more or less materials or machines), for the pleasure of being able to live there from time to time
None are about energy, or "real" life most of the time .... but a little bit out of curiosity. And it's much more honest!
2 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 15/01/21, 19:29

Hey, it's topical, it seems that there is water in the gas of autonomy ... : Mrgreen:

No judgment because I did not understand anything about this bazaar and am not very interested in it but as it has just come out ...

I have no idea who he is referring to or what or what

0 x
VetusLignum
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by VetusLignum » 16/01/21, 00:49

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:Hey, it's topical, it seems that there is water in the gas of autonomy ... : Mrgreen:

No judgment because I did not understand anything about this bazaar and am not very interested in it but as it has just come out ...

The author of this channel is a rather arrogant guy, who never shies away from scratching each other, suddenly, there are more and more who do not like him.
Moreover, in one of his videos, he talks about you.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 16/01/21, 00:56

VetusLignum wrote:
Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:Hey, it's topical, it seems that there is water in the gas of autonomy ... : Mrgreen:

The author of this channel is a rather arrogant guy, who never shies away from scratching each other, suddenly, there are more and more who do not like him.

Is he talking about me?
0 x
VetusLignum
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by VetusLignum » 16/01/21, 02:34

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:
VetusLignum wrote:

Is he talking about me?

Yes, he was talking about you in one of his videos (since deleted). I think he was kidding, but I don't know why.
One of his geese was called Brian (from the ArchiPelle chain), he was his favorite painkiller (the real one, not the goose).
0 x