Stop smoking: methods that work? And sports?

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Stop smoking: methods that work? And sports?

by Janic » 13/10/16, 19:39

What? How? Did you smoke?
Damned, here I am! Eh, yes, I admit, I smoked a few cigarettes to my 16 years, but as I found it disgusting, it stopped there. Whew, I escaped beautiful! :?
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 13/10/16, 20:26

Gosh ! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: Janic, rhôooooo ...

Me too, I wondered what it could serve, by the way ?!
It did not last long, I tried once (a package) but I never swallowed the smoke .... I never finished this damn package ... : Lol:

I missed it ugly. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/01/21, 18:59

Scientific development in 8 points in 2021:

1. Behavioral advice. Science shows that psychological support for smoking cessation increases the chances of quitting smoking in the long term. Health professionals and smoking cessation counselors offer many valuable tips. High-quality evidence from over 300 studies involving over 250 people shows that receiving advice to quit smoking increases quit rates in the long run.

2. Remote support. There are many reasons, especially this year, why you can't see someone in person for behavioral support.

The good news is that studies have not found a noticeable difference between the effects of help provided in person and over distance - such as over the phone or video call. It is also increasingly clear that aiding smoking cessation through SMS can also increase quit rates.

Such help can also be provided by smartphone apps, which often allow detailed tracking with big numbers and fictitious rewards. A notification system also makes it possible to support the smoker throughout his day and his withdrawal journey. Some offer daily scientific facts about improving health over time, as the lungs and cardiovascular system cleanse themselves from years of self-poisoning.

3. Financial rewards for quitting smoking. Yes, it does exist (in some countries)! And now there is new evidence that programs that reward successful individuals who quit smoking increase long-term success. These rewards can take the form of money or vouchers for goods or services.

These programs can be offered in the workplace and in some parts of the world are also available through local authorities. They offer the benefit of an immediate positive result of quitting smoking, as many people find it difficult to think about the long-term benefits to their health.

4. Nicotine replacement therapy, known as NRT, has been used safely to help quit smoking for decades. They can be prescribed by healthcare professionals, but in many countries substitutes can be bought without a prescription at grocery stores and pharmacies.

Using two forms of NRT rather than just one has been shown to increase the chances of success, especially with the use of a patch and another form of treatment such as nicotine gums, sprays or lozenges.

5. Varenicline, commonly known as Champix or Chantix, is a drug that works by reducing the pleasure you experience smoking. It also alleviates withdrawal symptoms when quitting. Studies show that varenicline almost doubles the chances of long-term success. Varenicline is available by prescription from health care providers.

6. Electronic cigarettes (or e-cigarettes). A recent study of 50 studies and over 12 participants found that nicotine e-cigarettes would help quit smoking for at least six months, and that they would be more effective than NRTs and e-cigarettes. nicotine free. The study did not find any direct association with serious harm to health, at least not for quality, government-approved products. However, more evidence is needed to attest to the safety of e-cigarettes over the long term, and if so, to precisely define which types of e-cigarettes or e-liquids are most harmful in the long term.

7. Combine medication and behavioral support. Studies show that using both behavioral support, such as counseling, and a nicotine replacement therapy drug, increases success rates more than using either method alone. . So, to maximize your chances, try a combination of some of the above methods.

8. Reduce the amount of cigarettes per day. If you feel like you can't stop, that going from your 20 cigarettes a day to 0 is absolutely impossible, then try to reduce the dose first… Indeed, it has been proven that if you reduce your tobacco consumption , you are more likely to be successful in quitting in the long run. And it makes sense ...

When you're ready to try to quit smoking completely, consider relying on one or more of the methods listed above. What will make your success, in addition to motivation, is to find and combine the methods that suit you best, according to your personality, your lifestyle, your life situation and your initial addiction.

Important: Do not worry too much about the risk of becoming temporarily dependent on certain drugs to stop smoking. Most people are able to stop taking NRT without any problem. If you end up using long-term NRT, remember that the damage from smoking comes mostly from inhaling smoke, not nicotine.

Do not be discouraged ... Physically, you may feel exhausted the first few days, your body is simply sick from the lack of nicotine ... Then there is the habit, the vice, against which you also have to fight (no more small break cigarette, no more coffee / cigarette combo, etc.). But hold on, it's only temporary (a few days). Finally, don't be discouraged if you've tried to quit smoking in the past and it hasn't worked… Many people who have tried unsuccessfully to quit smoking eventually do. Sometimes it takes several attempts to get there, as it does with many other challenges in a lifetime.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 06/01/21, 19:33

Quitting smoking really works when you really want to. "Trying" to quit smoking, it doesn't work.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/01/21, 16:31

If it helps some ...

tobacco.JPG
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 08/01/21, 16:51

I did not know St Michels cigarettes, but the doctors advised it:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/01/21, 17:00

Same but a cigarette that invokes a Saint ... obviously it's to go see him faster! : Mrgreen:

I don't know Saint well (breasts better ... ah ah ah ... I'm going out) but a dragon smokes too, doesn't it?
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 28/07/22, 14:48

0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 28/07/22, 14:51

We know what prohibitions do, and we also know who it enriches. : roll:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 28/07/22, 15:13

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:We know what prohibitions do, and we also know who it enriches. : roll:
We are no longer there.
For them it was gradual, they started by penalizing the tobacco industry
Key point of the text: the gradual increase in the minimum age for the purchase of cigarettes, currently set at 18 years. Thus, from 2027, it should be raised by one year each year. So young people aged 14 today will never be able to legally get their hands on a cigarette. In fact, the new law would make tobacco illegal for this generation, and ad vitam aeternam.
Bad habits start in the youngest and are the hardest to break in adulthood.

Personally, I started smoking in the army, we were entitled to our monthly "Troops" cartridge. I quit in 1987 when I became a heavy smoker. I know many, having started young, who had more difficulty doing it.
Things have changed a lot, tobacco lobbyism is still much less powerful...

The law had better be well put together, the ecologists have your point of view...
On the side of environmentalists, it is the prohibition and the risk of seeing the industry turn underground that worries. “The Greens are very concerned about the potential for a new type of criminal ban,” said MP Chlöe Swarbrick. She also points to the question of the denicotinisation of products provided for by law: "It has not been tested, from what I understand, anywhere and, therefore, it will need a serious and robust questioning”. So far, only the Libertarian Act Party has opposed the bill.
0 x

Back to "Health and Prevention. Pollution, causes and effects of environmental risks "