Collapsology ... kezako?

philosophical debates and companies.
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Collapsology ... kezako?

by eclectron » 26/12/20, 19:26

ABC2019 wrote:
eclectron wrote:You're right, it's more, but in Europe and this detail changes everything? : Mrgreen:

no more ...

Ah? Are you saying that the detail you quibble about does not significantly change Aurélien Barrau's inventory and nothing to the emerging trend?
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 26/12/20, 19:32

eclectron wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:
eclectron wrote:You're right, it's more, but in Europe and this detail changes everything? : Mrgreen:

no more ...

Ah? Are you saying that the detail you quibble about does not significantly change Aurélien Barrau's inventory and nothing to the emerging trend?

I'm just saying that we don't know exactly by how much insect populations have decreased in Europe, let alone in the world, and that it's a shame that a scientist is throwing numbers like that without having serious data.

It's like the "500 million refugees planned by the UN", what is the science that allows us to predict the number of refugees in 30 years?

it is a catastrophist discourse, not a scientific discourse.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 26/12/20, 19:34

ABC2019 wrote:I'm just saying that we don't know exactly by how much insect populations have decreased in Europe, let alone in the world, and that it's a shame that a scientist is throwing numbers like that without having serious data.

You're just saying YOU don't know. Let the entomologists do their job and get involved in quantum physics (eventually).
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 26/12/20, 19:42

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:I'm just saying that we don't know exactly by how much insect populations have decreased in Europe, let alone in the world, and that it's a shame that a scientist is throwing numbers like that without having serious data.

You're just saying YOU don't know. Let the entomologists do their job and get involved in quantum physics (eventually).

precisely, if I say that, it is because it is the entomologists who say it, I do not invent figures myself (and Aurélien Barrau is not more entomologist or geographer than me ....)

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-52399373
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 27/12/20, 09:09

ABC2019 wrote:
eclectron wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:no more ...

I'm just saying that we don't know exactly by how much insect populations have decreased in Europe, let alone in the world, and that it's a shame that a scientist is throwing numbers like that without having serious data.

It's like the "500 million refugees planned by the UN", what is the science that allows us to predict the number of refugees in 30 years?

I'm not following you well.
According to you, scientists do not have the right to project their results into the future, especially if the projection is catastrophic?
Or, they just have the right to give their results but not to make interpretations of them, especially if they are catastrophic?
Or Aurélien Barrau, by making an imprecision while expressing himself verbally, that totally invalidates his (catastrophist) speech?

Or even a technique to sow doubt, the lobbyist or the guy in denial (too scared at the bottom): we can see that the insect population is decreasing sharply but we do not know by how much with precision so ultimately it is not such a serious problem, since we don't really know and everything still seems to be going more or less correctly?

Where are you going at the end of the day, that the insect population is fine and everything is going well and in the right direction)?
0 x
whatever.
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 27/12/20, 09:24

eclectron wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:
eclectron wrote:Ah? Are you saying that the detail you quibble about does not significantly change Aurélien Barrau's inventory and nothing to the emerging trend?

I'm not following you well.
According to you, scientists do not have the right to project their results into the future, especially if the projection is catastrophic?
Or, they just have the right to give their results but not to make interpretations of them, especially if they are catastrophic?
Or Aurélien Barrau, by making an imprecision while expressing himself verbally, that totally invalidates his (catastrophist) speech?

Aurélien Barrau does not express scientific results, or he expresses them in a biased, partial or distorted way, so he does not act like a scientist. And yes of course it is quite possible that that invalidates the catastrophist discourse.

Where are you going at the end of the day, that the insect population is fine and everything is going well and in the right direction)?

I mean, if you think the situation is serious enough that you don't need to lie, then you shouldn't lie, otherwise you may have a doubt as to why you would need to lie.
0 x

eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 27/12/20, 09:48

ABC2019 wrote:Aurélien Barrau does not express scientific results, or he expresses them in a biased, partial or distorted way, so he does not act like a scientist. And yes of course it is quite possible that that invalidates the catastrophist discourse.

Let us admit, personally I do not see a bias but a verbal runaway.
You, do you sincerely think that all is well with regard to the insects and that there is nothing to worry about and therefore no corrective measures to be taken?
You don't change a winning team, is that it?

ABC2019 wrote:I mean, if you think the situation is serious enough that you don't need to lie, then you shouldn't lie, otherwise you may have a doubt as to why you would need to lie.

Ah the paranoid side, the fear of 'Khmer vert'always escapes me.
Sorry I don't have that fear in me, so it never occurs to me.
Is that what looms behind your remark?
You are no longer afraid of 'Khmer vert' * than the destruction of nature (invalid since not perfectly expressed)?
* scarecrow created by 'well-settled' people who are afraid that their comfort will be harmed for ecological reasons.
As Meadows would say, "nature will take care of it", unfortunately for everyone, it will be who loses, loses.

Putting so much energy into wanting to defend, protect nature, which can do nothing against humans **, it is necessarily that one is a fanatic, a Khmer Green who advances masked? the deceitful ... : Lol:
You go far from an approximation of spoken language….

** In the end if, since we have a need vital of nature. In the end it will be who loses, loses
0 x
whatever.
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 27/12/20, 10:21

eclectron wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:Aurélien Barrau does not express scientific results, or he expresses them in a biased, partial or distorted way, so he does not act like a scientist. And yes of course it is quite possible that that invalidates the catastrophist discourse.

Let us admit, personally I do not see a bias but a verbal runaway.
You, do you sincerely think that all is well with regard to the insects and that there is nothing to worry about and therefore no corrective measures to be taken?

no, i don't think so, but the opposite of "catastrophe" is not "all is well".

On the other hand, I don't think that reducing the number of insects absolutely requires giving up all modern life.

Ah the paranoid side, the fear of 'Khmer vert'always escapes me.
Sorry I don't have that fear in me, so it never occurs to me.
Is that what looms behind your remark?

no, there is no need to invoke the "Green Khmer" to point out that one can make bad decisions if one has a biased view of the situation. Making it unnecessarily catastrophic can still lead to irrational and unjustified decisions.

You are no longer afraid of 'Khmer vert' * than the destruction of nature (invalid since not perfectly expressed)?
* scarecrow created by 'well-settled' people who are afraid that their comfort will be harmed for ecological reasons.
As Meadows would say, "nature will take care of it", unfortunately for everyone, it will be who loses, loses.

Putting so much energy into wanting to defend, protect nature, which can do nothing against humans **, it is necessarily that one is a fanatic, a Khmer Green who advances masked? the deceitful ... : Lol:
You go far from an approximation of spoken language….

uh it's you who goes far compared to what I said, you yourself invent a speech that I did not hold ...
** In the end if, since we have a need vital of nature. In the end it will be who loses, loses

That means nothing that, there will always be a compromise to be made between "nature" and human life, you let the spiders and cockroaches multiply at home to "preserve nature" you?
0 x

eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 27/12/20, 19:31

ABC2019 wrote: no, i don't think so, but the opposite of "catastrophe" is not "all is well".
If it's not all is well, something is going wrong
When the degradation is due to human activity, directly or indirectly, the chance that the thing will improve on its own is quite low.
When the situation continues, disaster ends up pointing its nose, right?

ABC2019 wrote: On the other hand, I don't think that reducing the number of insects absolutely requires giving up all modern life.

Because you heard Aurelien Barrau give this speech?

ABC2019 wrote: no, there is no need to invoke the "Green Khmer" to point out that one can make bad decisions if one has a biased view of the situation. Making it unnecessarily catastrophic can still lead to irrational and unjustified decisions.

When it comes to ecocidal human activity, doing nothing is more the norm.
There is only one virus to reverse the age-old trend of growth.

ABC2019 wrote: uh it's you who goes far compared to what I said, you yourself invent a speech that I did not hold ...
I mean, if you think the situation is serious enough that you don't need to lie, then you shouldn't lie, otherwise you may have a doubt as to why you would need to lie.

So why do you think he would need to lie?

ABC2019 wrote: That means nothing that, there will always be a compromise to be made between "nature" and human life, you let the spiders and cockroaches multiply at home to "preserve nature" you?

Each animal cleans its nest.
Fortunately, I don't have any cockroaches.
The spiders, I take them out and I have (Chinese) ladybugs to sell if you want, which I try not to crush by the spring.
Compromise is very nice, as long as it is still physically acceptable and possible by nature.
Otherwise, of course, given the situation, given the disproportion of human resources, nature must be preserved as much as possible.
Although a virus can eradicate us from the planet ... just to set the record straight.
The match is not over : Lol: but unlikely that the current trend will reverse and that nature massively regains health.
That would mean changing our practices, that's all ....
0 x
whatever.
Samarion24
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Samarion24 » 29/12/20, 11:53

I live in albertville in Savoie. The average temperature 20 ago was 000 degrees cooler than today and glaciers reached Lyon. You could reach Great Britain and France on foot. What will the world be with the announced 5 to 4 degrees plus? We must act now !!!
I posted a petition calling for an end to the use of bitumen in the manufacture of roads
Please sign and share
Thank you

https://www.change.org/MessagepourMMacron
0 x
Butterfly flapping in Brazil can cause tornado in Texas

Back to "Society and Philosophy"