State of mind for a viable future

Humanitarian catastrophes (including resource wars and conflicts), natural, climate and industrial (except nuclear or oil forum fossil and nuclear energy). Pollution of the sea and oceans.
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: State of mind for a viable future

by eclectron » 10/12/20, 16:18

Out of politeness, thank you to Izentrop.
and for the road:
Janic wrote:
by eclectron »10 / 12 / 20, 09: 19
For me cetacean, Bye!
Quickly, salvation is courageously in flight! :? It saves you from facing your contradictions!

It saves me from facing 'stupid', endless, time-consuming contradictions, to achieve absolutely nothing!
You really have brain juice to waste ...
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 10/12/20, 16:22

Janic
Quickly, salvation is courageously in flight! :? It saves you from facing your contradictions!
It saves me from facing 'stupid', endless, time-consuming contradictions, to achieve absolutely nothing!
call it what you like, it's a leak that doesn't prevent your contradictions that you will have to resolve alone, all alone! : Cry:
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 10/12/20, 21:19

He didn't say he was leaving us, what was too much? He is still there ? :)
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 10/04/21, 08:39

For patients and the curious : Wink:
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 10/04/21, 11:16

The “sacred” just has nothing to do with “this sort of certainty that everything can be analyzed, measured technocratically”It is not only a certainty, but above all a need for reassurance because of anxiety-inducing impulses determined by an uncertain future (the future itself generated by our current errors, I went no further ... ). This is not a pale copy of the current anthropotechnical (and sacrificial) observation of the world in order to recover it ideologically (the “sacred”) I would say => trash ... Even the “sacred” is better than a such sloppy recovery (deliberate to no).

Janic is right, I am not saying that especially for you, but after your wanderings on biodiversity, biotope and ecosystems, although you do not want to face it by minimizing gross errors (for once on a protection register of nature on which we tend to agree), do not forget that one day or another, given your angle of attack, you too will be confronted with your own contradictions again. Because it is sometimes a bit restricted.
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 10/04/21, 12:19

eclectron wrote:...

Yet it is your main activity here: drawing plans on a comet. As if we should all have a particular "state of mind" for the future to be viable!
It is to start from a prejudice, to embark on "time consuming discussions that lead to nothing". Because who says that a viable future is not precisely the result of a diversity of states of mind, this one allowing a dynamic adaptation?
You are constantly in tautologies, trying to prove a conclusion that you have already inserted into your initial hypothesis. It is such vanity which is "stupid", "time consuming", leading to nothing, in addition to being pretentious because the initial assumptions are never very fine. Too bad that if you have so much time to lose, you also make others waste it by your always closed questions and a positioning of thinker qualifying the ideas of the others of "stupid" when yours are in the thought what the McDonald's hamburger is to gastronomy.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 10/04/21, 13:22

Thank you! I said that I “not been further”, So I would not go further as a fine psychologist as you can be : Cheesy:

Do I have the naivety to believe that humans can be improved?

When to want “to spare the goat and the cabbage”, Wasn't my post the biggest proof to the contrary?

It's not the first time that I've made remarks to Eclectron (everyone has their reasons. But as with anyone when things are going well (better) I say it too, like the other day when I liked a post by ABC when it recognized an error (without however overbidding, there is nothing personal).

Or do you have to talk about a specific point?
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 10/04/21, 13:29

eclectron wrote:For patients and the curious : Wink:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Yo-POp5X74

It begins with the fallacy of the scarecrow: asserting that the company would claim that everything could be measured, all this to defend the intelligence and the logic which it puts to work, whereas this implementation, it is only to measure what can be quantified.
The accusation of scientism against the users of reason, to lessen it, is recurrent, but generally gratuitous and unfounded.
The handling of psychology as we see in this video comes from people who obviously have psychological problems of adjusting to the world themselves and no doubt think that this (pseudo?) Science could help them. It is clear that we are facing sermons addressed to others who have the same problems, and all these little people imagine that this would be the general case.
Big crap that hears us take bladders for lanterns. I don't really see any difference in these rantings of people who have never produced anything concrete, than in the speeches of Jehovah's Witnesses or Scientology.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 10/04/21, 14:35

stuff
than in the speeches of Jehovah's Witnesses or Scientology.
have you become a theologian?
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 10/04/21, 15:14

jano
have you become a theologian?

Theology is religion. Not even philosophy, contrary to what we are sometimes led to believe, following historical reasons.
The science of god, that does not exist.
You don't have to be a theologian to talk about monotheistic sects, and quackery in general. The exercise of rational thought is enough.
0 x