Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Moindreffor » 04/12/20, 18:00

Doris wrote:But I prefer to eat peas instead of their root. Bucket forgotten in a corner took root well, but the plants did almost nothing, make beautiful roots. My question was rather than containing the plants, in this example your cabbage ten cm tightly,will it allow normal growth and development with a harvest at the end?

this is the "real" question : Mrgreen:
For my part, I think that a seed is made to fall to the ground, in a pinch be covered with an OM or soil, it will germinate and the plant will develop, in the great magic of plants if this plant give only one ripe fruit that will be enough

May your cabbage give leaves and in the end a beautiful flower, nature will have won where the gardener will have lost, I follow you Adrien and all the work you do is extremely rewarding, on the donuts for the slugs yes, for the tubes I have more doubts, even if your first observations are promising
because finally your root has already crossed 10 cm of fertile soil, that means that you need at least 10cm and still below, I can not wait to see the results of using the tubes in cultivation condition

beware tomatoes are super champions of root development, perhaps not the best examples then : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 04/12/20, 18:04

Moindreffor wrote:
Doris wrote:But I prefer to eat peas instead of their root. Bucket forgotten in a corner took root well, but the plants did almost nothing, make beautiful roots. My question was rather than containing the plants, in this example your cabbage ten cm tightly,will it allow normal growth and development with a harvest at the end?

this is the "real" question : Mrgreen:
For my part, I think that a seed is made to fall to the ground, in a pinch be covered with an OM or soil, it will germinate and the plant will develop, in the great magic of plants if this plant give only one ripe fruit that will be enough

May your cabbage give leaves and in the end a beautiful flower, nature will have won where the gardener will have lost, I follow you Adrien and all the work you do is extremely rewarding, on the donuts for the slugs yes, for the tubes I have more doubts, even if your first observations are promising
because finally your root has already crossed 10 cm of fertile soil, that means that you need at least 10cm and still below, I can not wait to see the results of using the tubes in cultivation condition

I will check, but it seems to me that a good part of this season's tomatoes were in tubes.

In any case at this stage it's tip top for the bulk (inside) with about forty tomatoes in 40cm2 which was the initial goal.

Indeed it will be to follow
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 04/12/20, 18:22

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:I will check, but it seems to me that a good part of this season's tomatoes were in tubes.

In any case at this stage it's tip top for the bulk (inside) with about forty tomatoes in 40cm2 which was the initial goal.

OK yes for the space inside. For the rest, I am like Moindreffor, doubtful, especially with regard to plants that are a little less warlike in terms of rooting than tomatoes, but curious. See you soon.
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 04/12/20, 18:31

Doris wrote:
Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:I will check, but it seems to me that a good part of this season's tomatoes were in tubes.

OK yes for the space inside. For the rest, I am like Moindreffor, doubtful, especially with regard to plants that are a little less warlike in terms of rooting than tomatoes, but curious. See you soon.

No worries, we will follow this closely. : Wink:
0 x
Raph49
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Raph49 » 04/12/20, 19:07

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:I meant when you leave fallow what are the wild herbs that grow?

I would post a photo tomorrow or Sunday of a "bare ground" area since I could not recognize the species.
0 x
pi-r
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pi-r » 04/12/20, 19:41

Doris wrote:
pi-r wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:Indicate your location in your profile, on the "vegetable" threads it is useful.

I'm not good at using forum... I found for the avatar but not for the location ... : Oops:
can someone show me the manipulation? thank you

In user control panel you choose "profile", then "edit profile", in the window that opens, you have the localization option

thank you for the speed of your response BUT
the whole problem is that in the control panel I have the "profile" tab, but once it is open, I only have "edit avatar", "edit account settings" and "manage automatic connection keys "in the menu .... not" edit profile "...:(
well that does not prevent me from reading the content of the subject!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 04/12/20, 19:58

Rust COHLE wrote:Hello everyone, being new to the forum on the advice of Mr. HELMSTETTER, I wanted to thank you for the amount of knowledge and feedback that I have been able to read so far.

I stumbled across the videos and books of the PP of the PP last spring and I will apply myself to testing the phenoculture in a few days by placing the hay in a layer of 20 cm on my vegetable garden of a hundred of m2 which for about fifteen years was motocultured by my grandfather who incorporated ewe manure and used Bordeaux mixture, then my father for 2 years continued the garden and manure only, and these last two years only used a campaign without any input.

Having cross-checked the information on the said media with other knowledge that I was able to mobilize, I am at this time convinced of the method on the theoretical level in particular of the interest of hay and its multiple services, I could thus to confront myself with the practice in the coming years.

A big thank you, sincere and genuine, addressed to Did67 who, thanks to his books, videos, articles, positions, trials, errors and successes, takes us not on the path of a revealed truth but on the path of a ample breathing to open our minds to questioning and curiosity.

Regarding my first comment in this discussion, it seemed important to tell you what my situation was, in particular by sending you the results of my soil analyzes carried out by LABOSOL last month in order to inform my future interventions.

If by any chance you had the time and the opportunity to give me your advice, I would be grateful to you.

Maybe some questions about these analyzes that have not yet received answers from the lab:

1 °) The grain size indicates a clear “sandy-silty” tendency and it is indicated “sandy-clay”, is this an error?

2 °) It is indicated a saturation of the CEC by calcium while the level of calcium itself is a little low? Are they the same?

3 °) A lower limit zinc level can be explained by what factor?

4 °) There is no upper limit for sulfur, what do you think?

5 °) In the comment it is indicated that there is a risk of excess water while my clay content is only 11%, do you find that normal?

6 °) Am I far from the "freehold" which many speak?

7 °) Having a fairly deep soil, at least more than one meter, I calculated my RU by taking into account 25% of pebbles over 1 m at about 1,26 mm of water / cm of soil, my RFU being therefore about 22,25 l / m2 for a depth of 0,20m by applying the rate of 0,66, while the lab finds 26,27, the difference is not significant but how to explain it?
Do you find that this water reserve is in a good average? Even if I do not have data on the ETP and the ETR of my region in climate that I could qualify as "Mediterranean-mountain".

I heard about a new earthquake in Strasbourg, no damage to the PP of the PP and to the PP?

Let's start at the end: I didn't feel the earthquake. A magnitude of 3,5 is not much! It is classified as "minor". There are 50 around the globe. Why do we talk about it so much ???? The famous "deep geothermal energy" ... As always in France, if some are for, others are formally against. And obviously, it is a mortal danger !!! So media buzz; How stupid can we be masturbating like this!

And let's talk about serious things: your floor.

Overall, if you don't quite have a Bugatti Chiron, you're not far from the Ferrari!

1) Yes, the transcription, if your granulo is good, in sandy clay "can only be an error. We are on" sandy loam "a priori. I did not print a triangle, but the verification is easy!

So to have a Bugatti, you have a little too much sand in the bearings! Or not enough silt ...

2) This slight defect (compared to a loam) is largely compensated by a high OM content, very high even. Hence a high CEC (the "fridge" to store nutrients). Perfect !

3) Do not focus on RU / RFU calculations. It's like wanting to read to the nearest centiliter what you have in your tank by looking at the gauge (even if today, the calculators do feats - I'm talking about the old gauge that "moved") ... AND this doesn't matter.

You say your floor is 1 meter. So to calculate on 20 cm, it is to know nothing about a living ground. Multiply by 4 and consider that you have an RFU which must be around 100 !!!

3 ° You have a neutral soil: even if the calcium is not very high, it essentially occupies all the possibilities of retention; all the boxes if you want ... You don't have a lot of H3O + ions (acids). So it's calcium. The other elements are present in less quantity. Ca ++ and H30 + are the two "heavyweights" ...
This is a good thing.

4) Apart from the contributions, the levels of trace elements are linked to the source rocks ...

Leave yourself 3 or 5 years, redo the same analysis. Certain elements currently "disappeared" from the radars, because "blocked", not soluble can reappear as if by miracle following an intense activity of the fungi.

5) Your copper content is ... low (compared to the harmful effects on fungi and worms). Nothing to fear. Grandfather didn't leave you a bad legacy!

Meal ... I will complete ...
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 04/12/20, 22:52

Rust COHLE wrote:
.... takes us not on the path of a revealed truth but on the path of a full breath allowing to open our intelligences to questioning and curiosity.

I really like.

I appreciate that it feels like that. When I think of all those who perceive me as a "lesson giver", even as someone "scornful"! [All this, I read it recently in the comments]
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 04/12/20, 22:58

Rust COHLE wrote:

5 °) In the comment it is indicated that there is a risk of excess water while my clay content is only 11%, do you find that normal?

You have to see it all as standards - it's the same with our blood tests; I am despite everything well beyond the "norm" for LDL-Cholesterol and yet I hope to live a little longer ...

The interpretation in "classical agronomy" (the plants are supposed to be under perf of what is brought to them) is not to be taken seriously.

This detects "big problem", which even a living soil would not manage to solve - acidity, blockage by excess of calcium, excess of sodium, deficiency of such trace element ...

In your case, it "rolls".

What will be interesting is to redo an analysis in 3 to 5 years (without granulo, it will not have moved) and compare: this will tell you what is going in the right direction in your practices, what would possibly go wrong . And will allow you to correct before 25 years !!!

Risk of excess water ??? They bugged! With 50% sand ???
1 x
Rust COHLE
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Rust COHLE » 05/12/20, 12:04

Did67 wrote:
Rust COHLE wrote:

You have to see it all as standards - it's the same with our blood tests; I am despite everything well beyond the "norm" for LDL-Cholesterol and yet I hope to live a little longer ...

The interpretation in "classical agronomy" (the plants are supposed to be under perf of what is brought to them) is not to be taken seriously.

This detects "big problem", which even a living soil would not manage to solve - acidity, blockage by excess of calcium, excess of sodium, deficiency of such trace element ...

In your case, it "rolls".

What will be interesting is to redo an analysis in 3 to 5 years (without granulo, it will not have moved) and compare: this will tell you what is going in the right direction in your practices, what would possibly go wrong . And will allow you to correct before 25 years !!!

Risk of excess water ??? They bugged! With 50% sand ???

Honestly, even if I hoped so, I did not think that you would have had the time and the inclination to answer me given the many requests which are yours ...

Thank you for your very complete feedback, I take good note of the quality of the inheritance which has been transmitted to me and would try to prove myself worthy of it by improving it as best as possible, I had indeed in the idea of redo an analysis in 3 years to see the consequences of the installation of hay in particular.

However, given the lab's error on the grain size and the comment on the excess water (probably an automatic insertion due to the type of soil selected), I hope for typing and not for percentages, I wonder on its reliability, I could not find many opinions on the quality of their analyzes, I had in the idea of ​​making them again make an analysis of the same type with the granulometry, to be sure, of the meadow never worked adjacent to the vegetable garden that I intend to transform into a vegetable garden with BRF (unfortunately not enough hay for this year, the following ones certainly with hay) but I wonder if it is worth it for the grain size ...

Regarding water, I just wanted to have an idea of ​​what could be my reserve, knowing that I have a project in 2021 to install a flexible tank of 30 m3 of "untreated" water which is captured upstream of the vegetable garden but which sometimes tends to dry up in summer when the neighbor also upstream uses it ...
Benefiting from gravity in order to irrigate since the tank is located about 10m above the area to be watered, itself connected to a drip system with integrated drippers under hay, the requests for quotes are gone, I am now waiting for the painful ...

As for derogatory comments, I think some must think that the compliments that can be given here and there are akin to shoe polish (at best), when the franchise is also fair, if that does not interest them the possibility of not reading or to change page is always allowed to them ...
In general I would say that they are probably bitter people, anyway I share the idea of ​​those who unfortunately consider that the general level in all areas is falling, people do not even realize it. more account because of the progressiveness of the phenomenon ...
1 x
"Efficiency is intelligent laziness"