Your best music to discover and share

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Nico37
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: [one other] Music discover, share ...

by Nico37 » 08/11/20, 00:46

1 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 12/11/20, 18:55

Message to the residents!
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 15/11/20, 22:23

Did you know that "dona dona" which Claude François had taken up is traditional Yiddish?

as does tum babalaika? (a bit like Dutch, this language hits the Latin ear, right?)

In the same register, purely instrumental klezmer to finish, traditional but not too much in the arrangements and instruments it goes better (especially for those allergic to the brass bands. :) ).

0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 18/11/20, 22:35

When the lyrics have a background and are carried by a sympathetic melody and an orchestration that follows, what more could you ask for?
COVID is re-updating this song from Paris Combo from 1999.
"This is how, when you think about it
We all became elephants
Wildebeest, giraffes, orangutans
In our reserves under surveillance
"
0 x
tomorrow-tomorrow
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by tomorrow-tomorrow » 19/11/20, 12:13

Hello, change of atmosphere with a little piano to relax during confinement :)
1 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 24/11/20, 22:43

My very dear brothers, on this 4th Tuesday of the second confinement, a moment of meditation.

A small leap in the past, 5 centuries back?
Very nice interpretation of Mas Vale Trocar by Fortuna (a little more rhythmic than at the time, it's still going better today).
Sectarian Christians, close your ears, this is Sephardic music!

A little more in the past, 9 centuries back?
Well, Victimae Paschali Laudes, it's not in season but with COVID we will not take the risk of waiting for next year ...
Sectarian Jews, shut your ears, this is Christian music!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/11/20, 00:42

I much prefer the Sephardic !! : Cheesy:
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 09/12/20, 22:42

Celtic interlude.
Better known under the title "King of the fairies", we are used to hearing this theme with Irish dances, and usually with a faster tempo. In music, the mixture of genres often gives success, and here this traditional Celtic is taken up by Ronan Hardiman, with a symphony orchestra and a tempo surely closer to the original, it gives another dimension.

On the other hand, instrumentally stripped but tempo of hell, another Irish song (I think it was created by the Dubliners), but there Farewell to Ireland is interpreted by some good guys from our region "Les Croquants". Never heard a faster version!

0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 16/12/20, 22:01

The soup and the punch, or how an excellent melodic idea can be massacred either by the composer himself who will not know how to adapt it, or by the interpreter or the arrangements of the adapters.

Demonstration. Everyone knows this excellent song by François Hardy "How to say goodbye to you", by Gainsbourg. De Gainsbourg? In fact not quite, he took a small Anglo-Saxon success by Vera Lynn: It Hurts To Say Goodbye, and arranged it his way.
And this is where we see the genius of Gainsbourg. Because when you hear the following, ouch. Low-end easy listening. All the "music to discover", even the worst :)

Another example is "Frenesi", a song of Latin origin but well known only after it has been taken over by jazz.
The soup version, jazzy close to the original Latin version, by Julie London:

Well, it's not bad but still very cutesy limit waste. The same thing after being taken over by jazz, more swing, by Eydie Gormé, it's still something else:

1 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Music to discover, Christmas outside France

by Exnihiloest » 22/12/20, 22:43

Music for the occasion with this brilliant English group "Jethro Tull" who in their 2003 Christmas album covered and superbly arranged "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen", a traditional song born in England and little listened to in France:

(to listen also, their very successful "Greensleeved" in the same album, and others).

Отава Ё is a group of Russian folklore and beyond, taking up themes from all over the world, even Breton Celtic or songs of French sailors. Their music is very rhythmic and catchy. When I came across Эта ночь святая, completely different, I immediately thought of Christmas. So I checked, and bingo! Like what the "Christmas spirit" marks music, Orthodox included.

For the children to finish, more cheerful, thanks to a passage through Spain and this children's choir which takes up at a much more spirited rhythm than the original, this traditional song "A la Nanita Nana" (evil spirits, that does not speak of girls but of nativity).

Merry Christmas !

0 x