Vegetable garden of the (super) lazy in the 04 (800m)

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Laziness of the (super) lazy in the 04 (800m)

by sicetaitsimple » 08/08/20, 14:49

Moindreffor wrote: I just read apparently it is the bulb which is toxic, so there it eats the leaves, but the info is interesting, we do not think enough of our animals which are not sensitive to the same things as us

I was pointing this out to you just in case! I've had a dog for 15 years and he's never been interested in onions. But if yours takes him to play baballe with a bulb and bite it at the end to signify who won, I just prefer you to know!
1 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 08/08/20, 16:24

Moindreffor wrote:then we know that the more humus there is (let's take this term in its ultra simplified version) the more water we can store, Doris sees it with her sand, the RU increases, with the inputs of OM, so to us too to increase this retention capacity

Yes, and in addition this increase in retention capacity is spectacular. In fact, I have three different stages in the vegetable garden (following the various extensions): the old vegetable garden of 35m2, it has been under hay and other MOs for a year and a half; first expansion, under MO for ten months; and then the ultimate expansion, because I had too many plants, under hay since the end of February. Between the old vegetable garden and the first extension there is a difference in fertility and water retention capacity, but it is much less important than I would have thought. And the third part on the other hand, for fertility it is better what I thought, but question of water retention, well it is not completely zero of course, because covered, but it is very quickly very dry. I draw one conclusion above all: cultivating under living cover (I thought to do it on small plots, which change location) here is not (yet?) The good option, too greedy in terms of watering, because that even if I have a good borehole, even if the water table is good (still, for how long), I try not to waste.
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 08/08/20, 16:30

Doris wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:then we know that the more humus there is (let's take this term in its ultra simplified version) the more water we can store, Doris sees it with her sand, the RU increases, with the inputs of OM, so to us too to increase this retention capacity

Yes, and in addition this increase in retention capacity is spectacular. In fact, I have three different stages in the vegetable garden (following the various extensions): the old vegetable garden of 35m2, it has been under hay and other MOs for a year and a half; first expansion, under MO for ten months; and then the ultimate expansion, because I had too many plants, under hay since the end of February. Between the old vegetable garden and the first extension there is a difference in fertility and water retention capacity, but it is much less important than I would have thought. And the third part on the other hand, for fertility it is better what I thought, but question of water retention, well it is not completely zero of course, because covered, but it is very quickly very dry. I draw one conclusion above all: cultivating under living cover (I thought to do it on small plots, which change location) here is not (yet?) The good option, too greedy in terms of watering, because that even if I have a good borehole, even if the water table is good (still, for how long), I try not to waste.

Indeed, depending on the stages, we can clearly see the difference between a runoff (for an open pipe flow) which begins after 15 seconds and another that is still expected after 1mn ...

We can clearly see what we must strive for: nothing beats grass ... natural (I specify).
Then you have to manage it and the slugs that go with it, obviously, depending on the crop, it's more or less simple but it's a great challenge.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 08/08/20, 17:03

Doris wrote:

The organic substances as a whole have a retention capacity (one RU) of the order of 120 l of water per m², with 5 to 6% of OM. Pure sand only stores 70 l! (Page 313/314 of the book). So increasing the OM rate has a dramatic effect in sandy soils. Less in loamy or clay soils (for which the basic UR is better).
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 08/08/20, 17:40

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Moindreffor wrote: I just read apparently it is the bulb which is toxic, so there it eats the leaves, but the info is interesting, we do not think enough of our animals which are not sensitive to the same things as us

I was pointing this out to you just in case! I've had a dog for 15 years and he's never been interested in onions. But if yours takes him to play baballe with a bulb and bite it at the end to signify who won, I just prefer you to know!

yes, thank you very much, it's really a stupid thing, that you never think about
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 16/08/20, 12:06

It's hot so we protect the crops.

1 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 25/08/20, 00:07

A visit and an interview with Jean-Richard Matival, the one who makes my taparels-doormats, who tells us about his profession as Sagneur

0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 27/08/20, 00:09

How to continue developing your gardener's “hut” at a lower cost ...

Uh he misses the walls : Mrgreen: but I collected a nice work plan today

On the photo of the ad we wouldn't have said

2020-08-26_185254.jpg
2020-08-26_185254.jpg (119.95 KIO) Accessed 1792 times

But in reality it looks like this: a hell of a 4 x 100 x 190 tray ... on a classic base ... nice surprise

work_table_2.jpg

And after protection with greenhouse cover

work_table_1.jpg

The original table (under the modern top) is really cute ... vintage.

So I think I'll use the tabletop separately and keep the old table in its original appearance.

After that, we'll have to go get a few more European pallets to put all this down, then put up the “walls” .... pffff
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 01/09/20, 23:43

I use it all the time and it's much more precise than managing the pressure at the handle of the apple ....

0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 06/09/20, 02:35

Update on tomatoes

0 x