The biggest financial crash in history will happen in 2019

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Christophe

Re: The biggest financial crash in history will happen in 2019

by Christophe » 14/07/20, 19:43

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:The stock market is crammed with MOVEMENTS ...
A slowly rising stock market has no interest.

But a stock market that goes up or down quickly is profitable for those who bet right.

It is volatility that makes the stock market charm which is a game, let us not forget.

This is why you should prefer bitcoins : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

: Arrow: : Arrow: : Arrow: : Arrow: economy-finance / bitcoin-and-cryptomonnaies-c-is-what-a-bubble-financial explanations-en-5 minutes Chrono-t15489.html

They are much more volatile ... oops I'm contradicting myself there ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/08/20, 12:21

I haven't seen everything and I don't agree with everything I've seen (starting with the title ...) ... but I'm sending it to you for "info" ...

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/08/20, 14:30

A cashless society: this is no longer a science fiction scenario (carte blanche)

A society without cash in the next five years? N26 is convinced of this. The covid-19 pandemic has proven to us that we are ready to accelerate the process and achieve it in shorter time frames than any expert has ever imagined. In fact, we are already there. We just don't realize it yet. Today, withdrawing money is no longer a daily gesture, it is a chore. And soon vending machines will be replaced by our phone, just like Netflix replaced our old DVD collection.

A cashless society may look like the backdrop to a sci-fi movie, but with such a large portion of the population switching quickly to digital payments to avoid coming into contact with cash, seen as less hygienic , the idea takes a big step towards reality. According to a study by N26, 66% of Belgians said they already prefer to opt for contactless payments. So why not go all the way?

During the coronavirus crisis, N26 noticed that it was the number of transactions made at an ATM that decreased the most: 46%. Card payments saw the biggest increase, rising 60%. Even with deconfinement, ATM transactions are still nearly 25% less frequent than before the crisis erupted.

And it's not just a question of age. People over 45 also prefer cashless payments. For older generations, ATM transactions are still down 10% from the pre-crisis period, while card payments are only down 2% and e-commerce payments have even increased. by 10%.

N26 noticed that the number of transactions made at an ATM has decreased the most: 46%.

You can feel that there is change in the air. What would a world without cash look like? Forget that time when you had to rush to find an ATM because the store only takes cash. Where you had to withdraw € 20 or € 50 for a purchase of € 6. Those days are finally over. You will never have to change currency in a foreign country or carry a large amount of cash again. It will also save money, as banks will no longer be able to charge fees for withdrawals abroad. A simple card can do all of this, and in the future even these cards will gradually be replaced by smartphone payments.

A world without cash will also be much better armed against crime and corruption. Money can no longer change hands without a trace being made, so no more illegal transactions can take place. Thefts aimed at emptying the counters or cash registers will become unnecessary because there is no more cash to take. As banks invest in the highest standards of cybersecurity and data protection, armed robberies will no longer happen - the world will become a safer place.

These are huge benefits for society that will be triggered by being fully cashless. But these are not the only ones. Worrying about our finances will be less of a problem. Technology should streamline and simplify your life. N26 challenges the industry and helps clients manage their money in a way that matches their needs, lifestyle and goals. Stop waiting in line at your local branch. More and more bank branches are closing as we become more familiar with online and digital banking, because planning your day around a visit to the bank is out of place in our modern way of life. It's only a matter of time before online banking takes over completely and saves us precious time.

Do you remember the last time you saw a checkbook?

Last but not least, it will make a big difference for all kinds of charitable foundations. In a fully cashless society, we can expect charitable giving to be made with more intention and generosity. Donations will also be able to cross borders more easily and can be set up on a regular basis and become routine, which will expand the possibilities to give and allow us to support causes we really care about, all over the world and in a more secure way. .

Once we remove the cash from our company, we will remember it with nostalgia when we come across old coins or old banknotes at the museum. There was a time when people transacted money by writing a check. Do you remember the last time you saw a checkbook? Most millennials have never even heard of them or only know them from old movies. No one is missing checks these days and so will coins and notes in the near future. Being without loquid all over the world doesn't really sound like the backdrop of a sci-fi movie. This will be our way of "long live and prosper" in the near future.

By Jérémie Rosselli, Managing Director of N26 for Belgium, France and Luxembourg.
0 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 17/08/20, 17:53

What is this ad for N26?
There is a huge incentive to replace cash with "painless" contactless card-style payment methods.
This was already the case before the Covid, those who have an interest in it are just taking advantage of the situation to advance their services.

I am a fervent defender of cash, I hate these means of payment which erase the psychological impact of transactions, reducing them to the passage of a card on a reader.

My arguments in favor of cash:
- Free means of payment (no transaction fees) and anonymous.
- These are physical objects, the expenses therefore have a more concrete impact than passing a card or a smartphone over a sensor.
- You can't spend more than you have.
- Resilience: more cash = more means of payment in the event of an electricity or network cut.
2 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 24/08/20, 17:16

Christophe, I have difficulty seeing the possible relationship about which you are wondering, between the disappearance (possible, it already exists in Sweden) of cash and the economic crisis?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/08/20, 17:40

Really?

Is there more cash in Sweden ???

Since when ???
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 24/08/20, 18:17

They moved closer to it by drastically reducing the volume of cash in circulation.

But it seems the Swedish government has been backing down since the start of the year.

https://www.letemps.ch/societe/suede-re ... nt-liquide

https://www.mieuxvivre-votreargent.fr/v ... numerique/

https://numismag.com/fr/2020/03/08/mach ... t-liquide/
1 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 24/08/20, 18:29

Ahmed wrote:Christophe, I have difficulty seeing the possible relationship about which you are wondering, between the disappearance (possible, it already exists in Sweden) of cash and the economic crisis?

Indeed, the N26 ad would have had more of its place in the subject of coronavirus idiots.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/08/20, 18:30

Gaston wrote:They moved closer to it by drastically reducing the volume of cash in circulation.

To reduce drastically is not really to eliminate, eh !!

Here too, I have already been told "But Mr. banks have no more cash ... we have to order it" ... : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/08/20, 18:32

Petrus wrote:
Ahmed wrote:Christophe, I have difficulty seeing the possible relationship about which you are wondering, between the disappearance (possible, it already exists in Sweden) of cash and the economic crisis?

Indeed, the N26 ad would have had more of its place in the subject of coronavirus idiots.

I only took up an article ... based on facts observed during confinement and after ...

It didn't seem so "publicity" to me ... I don't even know what N26 is, never heard of it before this article ... : Cheesy:
0 x