Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Did67 » 12/07/20, 12:28

See page 10: http://draaf.auvergne-rhone-alpes.agric ... 81731b.pdf

No doubt ... the corn borer!

Solution: GMO from Monsanto !!! [humor!]
0 x
Vinc26
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Vinc26 » 12/07/20, 14:15

Well done you found it !!! Because you have already been confronted or because you have BIG studies?

Apparently, the solution to the garden is Bacillus thuringiensis:
https://www.jardinsdefrance.org/la-lutt ... ingiensis/

For example the product indicated on this page ... which does not recommend it! : https://www.un-jardin-bio.com/les-insec ... jen-pense/

I understand the idea of ​​leaving life alive. But I can't find a living solution to leave my chard alive !?

What do you think ?

:)
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/07/20, 15:36

1) Studies have served me well. To reason coldly. Not to submit to little habits. Not to accept the "I was told that ...".
2) They also gave me an "understanding grid" which allows me to distinguish trivial information from useful information.
3) With that (and only with that), the internet is a mine. Where the one finds. As long as you look carefully. There, obviously, this "worm" was a larva ...
4) Yes, Bt (this is the end of Monsanto's GMO maize, to which "grafted" the genes allowing this maize to itself secrete the toxins normally secreted by Bacillus thuringiensis).
5) I have a BT box, never used. But I do not exclude, in a crisis situation, to use it. Few side effects outside the flowering period, even if we cannot exclude killing insects other than pests, dispersing this bacteria on a larger scale ... So it depends a little on the conditions in which it is used . No "effective pesticide" is without "side effects". Whether natural or not. Authorized in "organic" or not ...
6) So in a crisis, I don't rule it out. Unlike copper, the product does not accumulate because it is a natural toxin ...
1 x
Vinc26
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Vinc26 » 12/07/20, 15:41

Thank you ! I will therefore try to find a box for these 3 Swiss chard plants. And I only deal with that.

As for the kale cabbage which takes funny colors? Isn't it just the heat? Perhaps these kinds of gendarmes eat too much cabbage? I tried to give them to the hens: they don't want them! (They prefer the cabbage leaves;) ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/07/20, 15:54

Vinc26 wrote:
For example the product indicated on this page ... which does not recommend it! : https://www.un-jardin-bio.com/les-insec ... jen-pense/

I understand the idea of ​​leaving life alive. But I can't find a living solution to leave my chard alive !?

What do you think ?

:)

Typically, the choice between "I do not intervene ..." [and too bad] and "in extreme cases, I do not forbid myself, because I want to eat ..." ...

I share the point of view that for many "to struggle", therefore "to destroy" is normal. I do not say anything else in my last book - (intro of chapter 7 - which is not called "biological control" or something of the kind, but "to accompany his vegetable garden of the sloth" - other said, I reject the very idea of a struggle with my vegetable garden, but I am there to accompany it towards a better life when things go wrong).

My point of view is therefore different:

a) in general, by installing complex systems, we manage to get by ...
b) in general, we can accept 25 or 20 or 25% of losses [but we already need a little conviction!], tribe to pay to the living to tolerate parasites which will attract their enemies, our auxiliaries and feed them. .
c) that said, and that our friend seems to zap it, a kitchen garden is an "anthropized" space - it is already a horrible destruction and transformation of nature; instead of my vegetable garden, if I do not make queen, there will be a somewhat wild beech grove ... Let us be aware that in our vegetable gardens, by transforming space, we have "massacred" an adapted natural system. But we have introduced other species ...
d) therefore an exceptional use, as a last resort, when the natural solutions have not given the hoped-for results, using BT is only one mg of anthropization in addition ... Not to see that is to miss good glasses ...
In short, treatment without reflection, without seeking other solutions: no! Down with the "organic" productivist - and I agree with the guy ...
From time to time, a use of last resort: I do not forbid myself - and I disagree with its slightly Khmer green side
1 x
cabbage
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by cabbage » 12/07/20, 21:52

Hi, I don't know about you but here (Sarthe) the drought is relentlessly settling again, the first watering restriction measures have just been taken for certain watersheds (ban from 8h to 20h) and no rain announced until 20/07, on my sandy soil, the vegetable garden makes the face of bad days, forced to water.
When will a video dealing with "the rain dance", Didier be .... : Wink:
0 x
Y am so happy cause today y found my frends .....
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 12/07/20, 23:47

Vinc26 wrote:PS: Ah I was wetting ... I also have my two kale cabbage, invaded by large gendarmes, but also with the leaves which take on strange colors (see photo). I searched here (https://www.gerbeaud.com/jardin/fiches/ ... ,2341.html) but nothing jumps out at me.

It's terrible to be a novice without a knowledgeable neighbor ...

Sincerely,

Vincent.

PPS: fortunately my green beans are finally doing well! Even my sowing from 10 days ago in the hay is already 10cm! Phew!

IMG_2571.jpeg

Hello

The gendarmes are classic ....
You have to give them to the hens or kill them or protect your cabbages otherwise they eat you all
We had that last year.
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 13/07/20, 07:15

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:
Hello

The gendarmes are classic ....
You have to give them to the hens or kill them or protect your cabbages otherwise they eat you all
We had that last year.

I have a lot of places on my land, a little in the vegetable garden too, I do not have the impression that it eats me something, and somewhere I read, that it was rather auxiliaries, error d observation, false info? I never took care of it, as I don't see any nuisance.
2 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 13/07/20, 07:58

choucoune wrote:Hi, I don't know about you but here (Sarthe) the drought is relentlessly settling again, the first watering restriction measures have just been taken for certain watersheds (ban from 8h to 20h) and no rain announced until 20/07, on my sandy soil, the vegetable garden makes the face of bad days, forced to water.
When will a video dealing with "the rain dance", Didier be .... : Wink:

These days I wanted to come back to this too and forgot. Here there has been no significant rain for five weeks, nothing in sight until July 26 at least. I scrape regularly to decide whether to water, and on average I water every three days. Here and there I have plants that are a little bit late or that are hungry, but in general it's going very well. Finally I realized that under my layer of hay this year there is a layer of 15 to 20 cm of brown earth, which keeps moisture well. Under this brown earth, we can clearly see the sand, sometimes it is sand mixed with organic matter almost decomposed, and in places it is still very sandy, and relatively dry to the touch. On the other hand, in comparison with the rest of the land, this layer of sandy soil under my vegetable patch remains quite cool.
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Vinc26
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Vinc26 » 13/07/20, 09:47

Doris wrote:nothing in sight until July 26 at least.

What is your 15 day weather forecast?
0 x