electric car and transport, wire news

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Electric Cars and transport, wire news

by phil59 » 09/07/20, 14:49

GuyGadebois wrote:
phil59 wrote:Now with more than 200 km of real autonomy for the majority of EVs, it is becoming more and more interesting.

Except for the people around whom lithium is extracted, for nature and for the fleet reserves that we use up. Aside from that, it's interesting.

But so good for everything around oil wells, etc .... !!!!!

Good also for the ears!

Good for the air too!

Bad for GuyGadebois, who will continue to prefer to pollute at 100, rather than 50 ....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 09/07/20, 14:54

phil59 wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:
phil59 wrote:Now with more than 200 km of real autonomy for the majority of EVs, it is becoming more and more interesting.

Except for the people around whom lithium is extracted, for nature and for the fleet reserves that we use up. Aside from that, it's interesting.

But so good for everything around oil wells, etc .... !!!!!

Good also for the ears!

Good for the air too!

Bad for GuyGadebois, who will continue to prefer to pollute at 100, rather than 50 ....

You have not yet understood that the use of petroleum is still increasing everywhere and that the extraction of rare earths is a problem WHICH ADDS to those existing? It's stupid. Very stupid. Especially since you seem to give a damn about the ecological and human disasters that ensue. Well, it's perfect! Magicians and other consumer illusionists don't have to worry ... it works, it sells, it's great!

Ps: Who pays for the tax "benefits" and other government bonuses?
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 09/07/20, 17:22

Just look on google: "oil extraction disaster" that there is no pollution by oil ....

As for the premiums, I would say that it is not even normal that there is a petrol or diesel thermal which has the least premium.

It is also not normal that the penalties are no longer important!

And then, it is not normal either not to be able to "use" a car to the end.

And it's not normal either to have a car, while with a good pair of basketball from the end of the world, you can go a long way ...

Better to maintain the extraction of oil, and maintain the big consortium .... and close the door directly to all that alternative.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 09/07/20, 18:23

That's what I say: The extraction of rare earths is a disaster that adds to the disaster of oil.
1 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 09/07/20, 19:51

GuyGadebois wrote:That's what I say: The extraction of rare earths is a disaster that adds to the disaster of oil.

There are no rare earths in batteries. There are only when the motor is with permanent magnets. If it is induction, then there is no rare earth.

Ha! if there is thin : Shock: It's in the central screen. But it's the same on all cars.

That said, there are actually two problem metals in batteries: cobalt and lithium. The other metals are those found in stainless steel which we consume in much greater quantity.

For rare earths:
Scandium -> no
Yttrium -> yes on some LiFePO4 batteries for cold resistance
Lanthanum -> no
Cerium -> no
Praseodymium -> no except permanent magnet motor
Neodymium -> no except permanent magnet motor
Promethium -> no
Samarium -> no
Europium -> no
Gadolinium -> no
Terbium -> no
Dysprosium -> no
Holmium -> no
Erbium -> no unless the vehicle has a laser (this applies to thermals)
Thulium -> no
Ytterbium -> no unless the vehicle has a laser (this applies to thermals)
Lutécium -> no unless the driver has just had an MRI : Mrgreen:
0 x
realistic ecology
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by realistic ecology » 13/07/20, 18:53

The real debate is not between electric cars and thermal cars.

Of course, EV reduces air pollution in the cities where it circulates (it circulates mainly in the city, little in open country)
But it does not slow global warming, because electricity must be produced, and it is mainly fossil in the world.
Except in France where it is low carbon.

The real debate is between personal car and public transport.
Subsidies for personal electric cars (which are sometimes second cars) would be better used for the development of public transport, capillary, frequent, comfortable, etc.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 13/07/20, 20:07

When you drive in an electric car you quickly realize that it is not a second car but the car that makes the most kilometers in the home the limited autonomy is not a problem on daily trips we learn to very quickly manage the thing it is sure that for the departures on vacation it is more complicated to see if you do not have a car with 80000 5 € impossible put the holidays it is 1500 weeks per year I know personally from 3000 to 15 kilometers per year for my holidays Jean makes 80 miles to go to work as far as I am concerned, the calculation is quick compared to a thermal at an economic level at an ecological level electricity that I put in my batteries XNUMX% nuclear so fossil and not sustainable
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 13/07/20, 20:31

realistic ecology wrote:The real debate is not between electric cars and thermal cars.

Regardless of the debate on individual vehicle / public transport which seems a little "theoretical" to me, each one having its own constraints and its own environment, moreover generally variable throughout life, the plug-in hybrid vehicle seems to me technically a good compromise for those who can charge at home and / or at work.
Unfortunately, it's still very expensive to buy, at least for now. If it becomes a kind of "standard", maybe it will go down ...

PS: I would like to point out that over about 3/4 of the time of my professional life, I took public transport to go to work. Absolutely not a "supporter" of the individual vehicle when a collective solution exists and meets the need.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 13/07/20, 23:18

realistic ecology wrote:The real debate is not between electric cars and thermal cars.

Of course, EV reduces air pollution in the cities where it circulates (it circulates mainly in the city, little in open country)

And that it is quite the opposite ....

In town you have less EV than in the countryside, because of the possible lack of charge in town, it's stupid, but that's how it is!

While in Villz that would be good for the air, and miraculous for the ears, you never think about the ears !!! : Evil:
0 x

realistic ecology
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by realistic ecology » 14/07/20, 13:03

sicetaitsimple wrote: I took public transport when a collective solution exists and meets the need.

This is the subject: "when a collective solution exists and meets the need".
I wish the solution existed more often. By adding, that it exists with a certain comfort; that the scandal of certain public transport at rush hour disappear.

The problem is not new:

"We do not know if the moon is habitable, but in the XNUMXth century of the Christian era, ancient Lutetia, by dint of civilization, certainly became uninhabitable despite the shelters offered here and there to pedestrians, as in the past some asylums for the condemned to death. "[…]
“Streets and boulevards crammed with traffic and no longer able to widen, the brilliant idea was born of boring underground ways that would clear the tarmac. The public, eager for traffic, plunged impetuously into these sewers, lit day and night [...] As a result of the innumerable layers of herring which aspire to be piled up there, the metropolitan itself becomes uninhabitable, for, instead of 'being crushed under cars is crushed in them. »(The Literary and Picturesque Month - 1909)
0 x