Sandwich plank house

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Thanks bham too

by bham » 04/01/07, 19:13

bolton069 wrote: Thank you for these details, if you have photos it interests me too ..

Same answer as in Antoinet111, give me your e-mail address by mp, if you want, I don't know how to send photos by mp.

bolton069 wrote:I heard that the chestnut was also rot-proof, it must be I suppose a more common essence in our regions than "Douglas fir, Scots pine, red cedar" can someone confirm? Bham? ..

I confirm for the chestnut, it is also rot-proof, like the acacia, among others, a house was also built near my house in corded wood with chestnut logs. The problem is that we do not find this wood in the east but rather in the center / south of France, unlike the Douglas fir and Scots pine which we find quite easily in the east and especially in the mountainous areas. So it's more related to a regional distribution. And you will not do with a softwood what you will do with a hardwood, I would say that the softwood is more versatile since you can use it as it is, raw, in logs (unlike chestnut), or in sawn wood, even quartered to make corded wood. And the softwood must also be cheaper.

bolton069 wrote: In addition you are referring to the RT2000, but it seems to me that now it is the more restrictive RT2005 which is in use in France. Who can help us on this point? : Shock: :?: .
It is true I searched quickly for the RT2005 without finding anything of interest, I wonder if the thermal resistance required on the wall has changed. But perhaps the best is to see what is done in terms of Minergie habitat. I simply note that 30 cm of wood (perpendicular fibers) equivalent to 10 cm of stuff wool ...
bolton069 wrote: The proposed wall: 40mm wood - 80mm expanded PS - 40mm wood
......... one can hope at worst an R of 2.72 for your wall in planks, which corresponds well to the wall R> 2.4 quoted by bham above for the RT2000.

What is terrible is to build with a "breathable" material and insert a non-breathable insulation therein which will require the installation of a CMV. When we are interested in issues of insulation, dew point, condensation therefore and we want to build healthy, then we must ban this type of insulation. Thin insulators are sidelined for that, among other things, while they are no worse in this area than polystyrenes and polyurethanes.
0 x
rapha
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

BOLTON 069

by rapha » 04/01/07, 20:39

attention the chestnut bursts easily when drying, the best natural rot-proof wood is Douglas fir.
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 05/01/07, 00:25

Hello,

I live in a wooden frame house (douglas pine treated in autoclave) + exterior cladding in red cedar for 20 years. Rock wool insulation (15 cm in vertical walls and 20 cm in roof) inserted between pine plywood panel (Canada) and polyane sheet (vapor barrier on the home side so that condensation does not neutralize the insulating power of rock wool ) + plasterboard, therefore no risk of diffusion of rock wool in the habitat.

Everything is fine, easy to heat (low temperature floor with city gas boiler / possible to connect solar collectors). The structure of the house (one story) has not changed.

I have a deterioration on the base of my veranda in exotic wood (water drainage point in the lower part) but it is minimal.

The red cedar (ordered directly in Canada via La Rochelle importer: 250 m2 delivered to the underground and installed by myself) was not treated and resisted well except color it becomes gray / black depending on exposure .... a little blow of karcher and that removes the gray / black color (pollution heaters or mushrooms ?, the wood is not attacked).

I have never installed a VMC and there is no mold or condensation area (lots of wood inside: ceilings + parquet upstairs).

For more details, see the description and photos in the "bioclimatic houses" sections posted at the beginning of 2006.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re:.

by Cuicui » 05/01/07, 13:43

jean63 wrote:Everything is fine, easy to heat (low temperature floor with city gas boiler / possible to connect solar collectors). The structure of the house (one story) has not changed.

Hi, Jean 63
Congratulations on your beautiful home.
Since you heat with gas, do you know the pulsating boiler (high efficiency)?
http://www.auer-gianola.fr/pages/produi ... atoire.php
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Hello

by jean63 » 05/01/07, 15:56

Hi cuicui,

Thank you for your congratulations .. at the time (beginning in 1983), everyone paraded to see this funny house !!
: Evil:
For the pulsating boiler, I am sorry, it looks well studied.

I have plans to add solar collectors, but I wait a little for the price cut and find out about the vacuum collectors (in the site chauffageterre.com there are beautiful achievements of heating with solar collectors and PAC ).

For the moment I have health issues to settle and not too much enthusiasm for the achievements.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re:.

by bham » 05/01/07, 17:04

jean63 wrote:For more details, see the description and photos in the "bioclimatic houses" sections posted at the beginning of 2006.

Ben jean, I found the description as well as 1 photo (from 9/01/2006) which is not displayed elsewhere but nothing else. So if if you can put the link or send me photos, it would be glad. Thank you in advance.
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

gallery

by jean63 » 06/01/07, 01:07

I have to find a way to put photos because mine are too loaded in pixels (you have to go through imageshack I think or something like that to compress them: give me the solution).

For rot-resistant wood, which is widely used in the French Alps (mountain chalets), it is Mélèze. There are old chalets of + hundreds of years in larch which are still standing (and without chemical treatment !!) especially in Saint Véran (+ high village of Europe = 2000 m..i believe), but the wood was surely cut to the good moon (and yes our elders knew and knew Mother Nature and the influence of the moon on our good old earth !!).
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: pictures

by bham » 06/01/07, 10:10

jean63 wrote:I have to find a way to put photos because mine are too loaded in pixels (you have to go through imageshack I think or something like that to compress them: give me the solution).

For the larch yes, you're right, it's a shame that its distribution is limited. I believe that it is the only deciduous softwood whose sap descends in winter therefore.
Regarding your photos tell us what you have as photo software. I like to work with Paint shop because I can resize and then compress in jpeg. Other software probably does it too. I will leave you my email address by mp.
0 x