Wind power: for or against the wind?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Wind: for or against the wind?

by sicetaitsimple » 25/04/20, 15:17

AD 44 wrote:25km / h ... or 7m / s, it's a very light wind, isn't it?

I think there is confusion at Juju64 between 25km / h and 25 m / s .....

If the wind turbines stopped beyond +/- 25km / h, I think that would be known!
0 x
Juju64
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Juju64 » 25/04/20, 15:23

Hello

I am not saying that the current stops but that they are sized for this speed, beyond it vary the inclination of the blades to limit the speed of rotation.
For 25km / h as a reference as such, I just take a message above.
0 x
: Arrow: : Cheesy: : Arrowl:
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 03/05/20, 11:30

Hello everyone here are wind turbine projects

0 x
Uncle Buzz
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Uncle Buzz » 05/05/20, 14:02

oli 80 wrote:Hello everyone here are wind turbine projects

This is a fake ...
For those who doubt it, only keep the announced yield of 80%, higher than the Betz limit of 59.6% that they boast of having exceeded ...
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 22/05/20, 00:17

Siemens Gamesa wants to overthrow General Electric's Haliade-X with its 14 MW offshore wind turbine

Announced on May 19, the offshore wind turbine SG 14-222 DD from Siemens Gamesa will reach a power of 14 MW. A prototype is planned in 2021, before being marketed in 2024. It would become the most powerful wind turbine in the world, surpassing the General Electric Haliade-X and its 12 MW.

Siemens Gamesa announced on May 19 the upcoming release of a 14 MW offshore wind turbine. Called SG 14-222 DD, it should be the subject of a first prototype in 2021, before being commercially available in 2024. It would dethrone General Electric (GE) Haliade-X as the turbine the most powerful in the world. With a power of 12 MW, the latter is to go into series production and be marketed in 2021.

Possibly capable of reaching 15 MW with the “Power Boost” function from Siemens Gamesa, the SG 14-222 DD wind turbine will have blades of 108 meters in length with a total diameter of 222 meters. Enough to produce 25% more energy compared to the SG 11.0-200 DD, its 11 MW little sister whose mass production is scheduled for 2022, according to the company.

In a press release, Siemens Gamesa indicates that the SG 14-222 DD could supply enough energy annually to supply 18 average European households: "About 000 SG 30-14 DD turbines at sea could cover the electricity consumption of the city of Bilbao, Spain. "

https://www.industrie-techno.com/articl ... tric.60546
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 15/06/20, 00:40

The Cham Longe wind farm, one of the first repowering projects in France

12th June 2020

Repowering, or the renewal of wind farms, consists of dismantling old machines to install more modern and more powerful ones. Video report on the Ardèche mountains.

The Cham Longe wind farm in Ardèche (07) is one of the first repowering projects in France. It is an activity that will grow in the coming years.

Here, the context is a bit special, because the park of 14 wind turbines is located on a ridge of the Ardèche mountains, at around 1 meters above sea level, which makes it the highest park in France. Thus, in winter, the climate is rather difficult, snow and frost have often posed a problem with wind turbines which were not sufficiently equipped to turn optimally, or even to turn short ...

Today, the machines that will replace these fifteen-year-old wind turbines are equipped with a blade heating system to operate whatever the outside temperatures. They are also twice as powerful and about fifteen meters higher. The diameter of the foundations also increases from 14 to 20 meters. The installation of wind turbines takes place in exactly the same locations, which requires destroying all existing foundations to rebuild new ones, suitable for new machines.

On this site, the old wind turbines will be sent to Spain to be revised and reinstalled in a more suitable area. In short, second-hand wind turbines, which considerably reduces costs for “second-hand” wind projects. The latter should continue to operate for a minimum of ten years. The site therefore presents a model in terms of circular economy because the major part of site waste, mainly concrete and scrap metal, is recycled. If the wind turbines could not have been reused, the site construction manager, Alexis Glandières, explains that, for the masts which carry the blades, being made of steel, there would have been no recycling concerns. However, the blades are made of fiberglass, like the hulls of boats. A light, very resistant, inexpensive but non-recyclable material. According to the construction manager, a way of energy recovery could nevertheless have been found with a partner, by producing CSR (solid recovered fuel). This type of fuel can then replace coal or petroleum, in cement works for example.

The schedule for this project was nine months, but the Covid-19 resulted in a stoppage of work for one month. However, the site construction manager assures him, “the delivery date initially planned will be kept, by compressing certain activities and with a lot of co-activities on the site. Today, for example, we have at the same time loads of old machines on trucks, the demolition of massifs, the installation of new massifs and also reinforcement. We have a big anthill on the site, about 45 people every day ”. Planned commissioning date: December 15.

https://m.actu-environnement.com/actual ... 35641.html

4 mn of video in the link.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 15/06/20, 11:50

The story is well told, with "technical justifications" and "... The site therefore presents a model in terms of circular economy .... "but it should be remembered that 15 years is the duration of the contract with guaranteed purchase price .... that it is therefore time to renew.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 15/06/20, 14:17

These "circular economy" stories are more marketing than reality. Except in agriculture where it would be possible, transposition in other sectors is absolutely improbable within the current parameters.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 15/06/20, 14:25

Ahmed wrote:These "circular economy" stories are more marketing than reality. Except in agriculture where it would be possible, transposition in other sectors is absolutely improbable within the current parameters.

Your reaction does not surprise me, but it was not really the subject of my message! : Lol:
They still seem to recycle scrap metal and crushed concrete (in embankments or road foundations).
I was talking about recycling juicy contracts with purchase obligations and guaranteed prices! : Lol:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 15/06/20, 15:10

Yes, I understood, but as you say, I could not help ... : Oops:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."