Domestic wind?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
pape2cv
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Domestic wind?

by pape2cv » 24/12/06, 16:39

Hello,

I have a little trouble finding my way around this subject. In the context of a new construction in anticipation, I still cannot define which could be the best, or at least the least bad solution for heating.
The main lines defined for the house for the moment are:
- Canadian well
- double flux ventilation
- passive solar with orientation
- solar panel
- fireplace (insert), it's so nice
- rainwater recovery for maximum use
and of course good insulation (how it is to be defined) and an electrical network designed for mini consumption.
To locate the place it is in the Doubs, at an altitude of 900 m, with a thermal amplitude of -35 to + 35 ° C. Land outside subdivision in a village, well exposed in the upper part on the southern slope.

My thoughts are for the moment on a 4.5 kW wind turbine. The idea is to combine a solar + electric water heater for DHW and heating (low floor temperature). The wind turbine would supply part of the electricity.
Two questions :
1 / is this idea realistic, will I not consume rather of the EdF kW?
2 / how a wind turbine reacts with snow and low temperatures. If it does not work in winter, it is no longer of interest.

If this solution is viable, it would save me a wood boiler. The fireplace being there for a comfort solution in the presence of the inhabitants.

Last question, what about the French regulations on domestic wind energy.

I do not wish to debate on wind technologies, but rather on its daily use and in the medium term on a home.
0 x
pluesy
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by pluesy » 25/12/06, 17:23

I also consider building a wind turbine normally we are entitled to 12 meters high without a building permit I think a wind turbine for heating is a good solution in our region where the wind blows a lot in winter

I think that the storage in the form of hot water and about as good as that in the form of lead battery while being cheaper and more ecological (about 100w / h per kg)

most wind turbines operate at their nominal power about 1/5 of the time over the year but as I am pessimistic I would say rather 1/10 of the temp which in your example of 4.5kw gives a range of 500wh to 1000wh on average production

remains to know what will consume your house in energy (it depends on its insulation of its surface and on the outside temperature) and the capacity of your reserve of hot water which depends on the frequency with which the blows the winds is higher than 12m / s (it is often at this speed that the nominal power of a wind turbine and calculated) too large your water reserve will not happen to rise in temperature too small you will have little reserve in case of absence of wind

http://users.swing.be/compagnons-eole/e ... /index.htm this site and full of info on wind turbines and you can learn a lot
0 x

"There are only two infinite things, the universe and human stupidity ... but for the world, I have no absolute certainty."
[Albert Einstein]
Misterloxo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Misterloxo » 26/12/06, 11:40

Hi pape2CV

Nice project.

So for wind, I do not know too much instead of an insert I would look at the side of the inertia stoves.

look at: Inertia heaters
0 x
Learning disobedience is a long process. It takes a lifetime to reach perfection. "Maurice Rajsfus
To think is to say no. "Alain, philosopher
pluesy
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by pluesy » 26/12/06, 12:59

I thought a little bit about it last night and I told myself that I needed a concrete example as a starting point to be able to extrapolate to your project

take for example a house consisting of a single room of 5 meter by 5 meters or 25 square meters its total area with the outside will therefore be approximately 100 square meter (25 m2 of soil 25m2 of ceiling and 50m2 of perimeter) if its resitance thermal and R = 10 (40 cm of glass wool on all the walls)

it will take 400w to maintain between the inside and the outside a temperature difference of 40 ° (-20 ° outside + 20 ° inside) or 200w to maintain 20 ° if it is 0 ° outside
so with a wind turbine giving on average 400w you could heat a house of double the surface (50m2) if the average outside temperature and 0 °

for storage I think ten days is a good average so if the house consumes 400w per hour
over 24h its done (400x24) 9600w if I round to 10 kwh / day it's about 100kwh of storage capacity knowing that a liter of water at 100 ° stoke about 100wh so you need a tank of 1000 L of water to store your energy
if the tank and cubic and that are insulation and of R = 4 (16cm of insulation) which and placed in the middle of the room the six walls which compose it will release 120w (20w / walls) or 480 w (80w by walls) if R = 1 (4cm of insulation) and the water and at 100 °
we could also imagine an insulating bell on the tank that is lifted more or less depending on the heating needs
if we want to stay in the traditional one we can of course pass streamers in the soil supplied by the tank which is in the basement but the heat loss of the tank will not benefit the heating of the house ...

per day of strong wind (more than 12m second) this tank of 1000 liters ensuring ten days of autonomy in heating will be heated to 100 ° in (100 / 4.5) 22h and 12mn if you have a wind turbine of 4.5kw nominal

voila ... your more qua take out your calculator to extrapolate to your project :D
0 x

"There are only two infinite things, the universe and human stupidity ... but for the world, I have no absolute certainty."
[Albert Einstein]
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 29/12/06, 05:00

Hello
it will take 400w to maintain between the inside and the outside a temperature difference of 40 ° (-20 ° outside + 20 ° inside) or 200w to maintain 20 ° if it is 0 ° outside
so with a wind turbine giving on average 400w you could heat a house of double the surface (50m2) if the average outside temperature and 0 °

Theoretically maybe? But in practice even with a highly insulated house, it takes 6000 watt per house floor of 8 meters by 13 meters.
In building standards, 6 watts per square foot must be allocated for domestic heating.
A house that has an entrance of 100 amperes is not approved to have an exclusively electric heating, it takes an entry of 200 amperes to be within the standards.

It should not be forgotten that the large windows, even double glazing with thermos, the patio doors, the recirculating air ventilation, the hood of the kitchen stove, must be compensated for these losses.
Normally the radiator of the toilets in a house it is a 500watts (the smallest in the material available) just for this small reduced ..

Andre
0 x
pluesy
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by pluesy » 29/12/06, 22:45

hello andré

6w / square foot it should be almost 60w / m2 or 25 m2 near 1500w

my mother had her house built in the 80s and she is insulated as follows: 20 cm of glass wool in the roof 7 cm of glass wool in the walls and 5 cm of expanded polystyrene in the ground (floating slab) even if at the time this insulation was considered as efficient I personally find that it is not worth much ... (the overall thermal resistance must oscillate between two and three maximum) and there it is true that to heat a room of 25 m2 1500 w are not too much ...

the house of my dreams has nothing to do with it ...

it will be on wooden piling (insulation of the ground) the floor will be made up of a minimum of 50cm of straw (1m would be ideal ...) the structure of demispherical form (igloo way ... at equal volume less surface with the outside ) a removable bell (consisting of a meter thick straw without window) will be set up for the night so as not to lose the calories accumulated during the day thanks to the sun or to the wind (in general if there is no sun there is wind and vice and towards ca) the overall thermal resistance will be at least three times higher than that of my mother and I do not see why I will not consume three times less ...
if it doesn't work it means that the thermal resistance calculations are rubbish and that you have to ponder with other parameters ...

I think that a cleverly designed house can be very efficient in terms of energy
it is true that between practice and theory there is often a big gap but that will not prevent me from setting goals and trying to reach them even if they are unrealistic the perseverance paid and each failure is a no more towards success

in a house I think that the power of the radiators and dimensioned to have a rapid rise in temperature as they work in all or nothing and that it is very possible that it can function all at the same time it is obviously a strong amperage

it is true that the rise in temperature of a house requires power but once the cruising speed reached if it is well isolated I think that it consumes almost nothing and that the radiators works can be 30% of the time

a bit like the planes which consumes the majority of their caburants during the rise in altitude ...

at my girlfriend there is no heating in the wc on the other hand there is the electric cumulus of domestic hot water of 200L which is placed there and even if there is no heating in the other room it does Always sweet in this room, however, the cumulus only recharges during the night at off-peak hours, which is what gave me the idea of ​​using a reserve of hot water directly in the house rather than in the basement.
I do not know the heat loss of a hot water tank in a day but apparently it is enough to heat the wc
to heat a house it's true that it may be right!
but it's like everything you have to experiment and then advise ...

it's good that you temper my theoretical optimist with practical advice it's true that I am often criticized for being a little too theoretical but it's stronger than me : Oops: the numbers and theories it reassures me ...
can be that I will have to go see a shrink to correct this ... :D
0 x

[Albert Einstein]