What material for a small prototype?

Help and advice for all work carried out in self building and presentation of your work DIY or self-build. Because making oneself is often econological but beware overconfidence!
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: What material for a small prototype?

by Ahmed » 21/05/20, 21:34

Flytox, it's a very good idea, even easier to implement than stucco and with raw materials that are easy to obtain and which allows you to do some great "stuff": I hope that will inspire those who will read this thread *.
For my part, I carried out tests this afternoon on the subject of this project, from which tests it follows 2 observations: a bad and a good. The bad news is that the idea behind my project is a sham (having one in ten good ideas seems like an honorable ratio! : Wink: ); the good thing is that I found a very simple solution, suddenly : Idea: at the start of the evening. :P
So again, a big thank you to everyone who took the trouble to think with me and who all showed great inventiveness, not to mention their kindness! : Oops: : Oops: : Oops:

* Among all the proposals, this is the one that seems to me the most suited to my personal criteria and I would like to use this material in one way or another ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 21/05/20, 23:53

Flytox wrote:In the recovery materials, you have the wet newspaper (soggy in the fleet for hours). (Not newspapers with glossy / photo paper)
It ends up making sheets as coated with mud / glue it takes the shape well and hardens as it dries.

Yes, it's called papier mache. I visited workshops in Kashmir that do everything with. The primed objects are then lacquered and beautifully painted.
https://www.google.com/search?q=paper+m ... irefox-b-d
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by A.D. 44 » 22/05/20, 06:11

Hello,

Flytox wrote:In the recovery materials, you have the wet newspaper (soggy in the fleet for hours). (Not newspapers with glossy / photo paper)
It ends up making sheets as coated with mud / glue it takes the shape well and hardens as it dries.

As in model making, for the realization of reliefs for example (sometimes on a grid frame, shaped in advance).
0 x