Old EDF transformer on private land: pyralene?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
titus02
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Old EDF transformer on private land: pyralene?

by titus02 » 04/11/05, 11:09

Hello

friends have just bought an old house on a large plot.
on this land was installed an old EDF transformer (still in service) and a pylon.

the transformer "purrs" who better and my friends are worried because it contains little
to be pyralene style saloperis.

can they require displacement? if not can they claim compensation?

merci pour vos réponses.
0 x
I prefer a stupid who walks than three seated intellectuals (thank you Audiart).
DavidHervé
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by DavidHervé » 04/11/05, 13:00

I am doing research, but it seems that before asking anything it is necessary to determine whether or not the transformer contains filth. So ask the town hall for the date of implementation.
If the town hall does not know, you can request a right of access to the administrative document.
For the rest, a reference that you can generally consult in a law BU

Legal notebooks on electricity and gas

Nb it seems that if there is pyralene in the transformer the seller of the property must report it

a little loose but it is in the course of research ...

"Better known as pyralene, PCBs are harmful to human health and the environment because these fluids abandoned in nature do not degrade and tend to concentrate throughout the food chain. At high temperatures, they decompose and produce hydrochloric acid vapors dangerous for the respiratory tract as well as very harmful chlorine compounds, furans (D. Delpirou and R. Coin, The regulation of PCBs: CJEG Jan. 1988, n ° 1). "

"Inventory of devices containing PCBs - Thus article 7-1 of the decree of February 2, 1987, introduced by the decree of 2001, established the obligation for the holders of a device containing a volume greater than 5 dm3 of PCB to make the declaration to the prefect of the department where the device is located. The holders in question had a period of three months from the publication of the decree to make this declaration. February 13, 2001 (Official Journal March 6, 2001) also came to specify the methods of this declaration in prefecture, in application of article 7-5 of the decree of February 2, 1987. According to the inventories drawn up by the departments on the basis of these declarations, as of June 30, 2002, 545 aircraft had been listed with the ADEME. "

So I think we have to check with ADEME

As for the court decisions that I flew over there is a bit of everything and its opposite because in France case law does not make law: huh:

Finally I hope for your friends that there is no Pyralene in the transformer because the consequences of a leak are a little cold on the back :(

Hoping to have been useful
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/11/05, 13:59

titus02 wrote:on this land was installed an old EDF transformer (still in service) and a pylon.

the transformer "purrs" who better and my friends are worried because it contains little
to be pyralene style saloperis.

Uh I don't quite understand the situation: was the transformer ON the field or IS it still in use?

Otherwise I think David answered your question well ...
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 04/12/05, 05:17

Hello,
If you want to know if the transformer contains PCBs, normally every year an electrician opens the small drain valve at the bottom and collects a sample to do a humidity analysis.
just take a drop and put it in a glass of water
if the oil gets to the bottom it's PCB,
But the simplest way, this oil has the peculiarity of seeping into all the small cracks notably that of the cooling radiator, it suffices to approach it that gives off a characteristic odor. to have worked with this product since the 70s a simple slide leaves traces of dust and a scent.
If the transformer dates from the 70s, it’s almost on the PCB
At that time it was the miracle oil.
The law (in Quebec) specifies that if the transformer contains PCBs they are obliged to put a tank under the transformer in the event of a leak.
In the liquid state it is not as dangerous as they claim it I have soaked my hands in there many times dangerous product)
The most dangerous part of this product is a transformer that burns with its oil, it is almost completely cancerous, to destroy this oil from specialized companies it burns at high temperature, generally the storage of these oils is more watched as bank vaults mean it all ...
When the noise of the transformer is typical for old transformers
the magnetic mass ended up playing with the vibrations
several sheets vibrate at 50hz but it can work like this for many years ...

Andre
0 x
solaircool
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by solaircool » 28/12/06, 17:44

all transformers at pcb doivents since 1993 and explosion of a transformer in reims
have a retention tank which must contain the liquid of the said transformer

for oil it risks nothing and if your transformer is still at home keep it it could be used to reduce your online loss of your installtion

something else the pcb is not dangerous and even by putting your hands in it you risk nothing it must burn to be cancerous if the temperature remains constant and it does not leak, RAS
thousands of transformers are on the territory and no more dangerous than the amiable of the brakes of the clutches of the joints on the cars and other daily products
the list goes on for far more dangerous products
0 x