The best possible water spray

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 18/11/06, 19:20

PITMIX wrote:In the end I find it almost perfect and it could be marketed as such.
The only problem comes from the water nozzle which is smaller than an insulin needle. The only way to avoid the butcher would be to use demineralized water in conditions worthy of laboratory experience.

hi pit

put a spoonful of vinegar in the water or piss in it to avoid clogging the needles and sprinklers.

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
binbins4
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by binbins4 » 18/11/06, 21:14

I made the consumption of water with the spraying 3dl to 100 I would like to spend 5dl env for that I will mix the turbo pressure in the water tank and use the accumulation of air to spray in deceleration mounted with a non-return valve between the turbo and the air water tank

this summer i tried spraying water with the perfume sprayer, for lack of time it was not as expected

I doubt your windshield washer pump will last long

an other idea ! use a tank half water half air inflated to the right pressure, you will empty your water without losing too much air pressure, a perfume sprayer with an electro valve

or a motorhome pump with built-in pressure switch (1,8 bar max)
http://www.top-accessoires.com/index.php?cPath=40_73

pitmix! with your golf you encouraged me to resume testing on the vito
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 18/11/06, 23:11

Hi binsbins4
Happy to have you back with us.
I reassure you, my windshield washer pump runs really well.
It is not used to the maximum of its power it turns with 5 Vdc to give a flow of 0,6L / hour if I remember correctly.
In my opinion, this is the simplest and most effective way to control the water flow very precisely. When the engine temperature is good it switches on by itself and regulates according to the flow rate that I have set.
I know that between 0,5A and 1A the flow varies from 0,25L / h to 0,8L / h.

The small house water carburetor remains the simplest from the technological point of view. By placing a felt pad it eliminates the drops of water and gives a result very close to what a bubbler gives.
I think that the implementation of your system requires a lot of work and will certainly take up as much space as a bubbler.
0 x
camel1

Hihihihi!

by camel1 » 08/12/06, 01:39

Hihihihi!

Go see there:https://www.econologie.com/forums/on-hallucine-t2729.html

Sweet dreams !

And SIMPLIFY YOUR LIFE !!! : Cheesy:

Michel
0 x
We were on the brink, but we made a big step forward ...
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 21/12/06, 13:26

Hello

I have mistakenly sprayed water with my insulin needle.
Water is pushed by the windscreen washer pump and air is blown by an air mattress inflator (to recreate the air stream of the reactor) the air is not under pressure.

Here's what it looks like on video.
Video spraying with needle

Here is what water carburetor gives under the same conditions.
Water carburetor video

It's not bad either, but the spray is coarser with the water carburetor than with the needle.

A good handyman will get better than that.
The needle has the advantage of obtaining a good result even if one does not master with an expert hand the surgical do-it-yourself.

The two solutions are very similar, the pump above all avoids creating a gravity flow and minimizing the risk of blockage of the orifice.
0 x
Other

by Other » 21/12/06, 16:49

Hello,
attention Pit in the open air the jet can diffuse, in general it is always beautiful, but eassaie as in reality in a tube simply add the same tube around the needle or the carburetor and leave it open at the end and redone experience.
You will be surprised by the amount of drops that stuck to the walls
and the jet has just changed completely.
all this to tell you that the shape and size of the (tubing) in this case the duct which brings the mist to the reactor has an importance depending on the spraying mode.
This is one of the advantages of SPAD, the mist enters the reactor directly (although I am not convinced that it enters the reactor the right way)

Andre
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 21/12/06, 17:25

It is exact André I already made this test. At 0,3L / h on the R5 what comes out of the tube is a drip while the pump delivers a mini jet.
On the video it is difficult to see but the water carburetor gives larger drops than the needle because there is a tube.
In fact I am doing this test to see if it is possible to spray correctly in an air stream of approximately 50mm in diameter.
The best would be to have a transparent PVC tube of 50mm in diameter and do the tests with a vacuum cleaner.
0 x

Go back to "Water injection in heat engines: information and explanations"