Automate a gateway.

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Automate a gateway.

by izentrop » 05/04/20, 14:52

My neighbor had to change his gate automation because of the HS electronic card. So he gave me his fucked up gear.

Arduino fanatic, I had nothing to lose in trying to adapt the mechanism to my old carriage door which already spent the last war without too much damage. (we see some holes left by shrapnel at the start of the video).

I had to make some changes first:
The modification consisted in removing the interlocking, adding a stop on the ground for the left door, stops on the right door in superposition. It must therefore close last.
The top is locked by a latch with return spring that I made, manipulated by a servo motor.
The ground not being equalized, I had to add a trigger guard to the ground so that the servo at the bottom did not have a big race to perform.

The left door must close first. To prevent the wind from putting too much pressure, the right door starts 5 seconds later.
The door stops on overcurrent detection. The lower lock closes when the limit switch contact opens.

Equipment:
- arduino nano
- 12 V remote control unit of this gender
- 4 relay module
- 2 LM2596 power supply modules
- 1 MP1584 module
- 1 mosfet N to control the signaling LEDs
- 1 24 V 2 Ah battery (recovers HS cordless vacuum cleaners)
- 1 charger 29 V 0,2 A
- 1 door opening system recovered from HS electronic card.

The technical part here https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topi ... msg4545625
3 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Automate a carriage door.

by Grelinette » 05/04/20, 17:02

Hello and thank you for this topic!

It gives me ideas for opening the chicken coop in the morning. I got 5 Indian walking ducks, and in the early morning they gossip to ask to go out into the garden.

Note in passing that these Indian walking ducks are formidable predators of snails, slugs and other devourers of plants and vegetables.
(in addition, the canes are very good laying hens, even if the duck egg, rich in lipid, is rather little used in cooking because potentially carrying germs).

Indian walking ducks.jpg
Indian walking ducks.jpg (172.92 KiB) Viewed 6136 times
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 05/04/20, 18:00

Grelinette wrote:Note in passing that these Indian walking ducks are formidable predators of snails, slugs and other devourers of plants and vegetables.

Just a memory of a video of the Bec Hellouin farm, on which I will not take sides, because no personal experience!

But the guy who was supposed to be the "chief market gardener", I don't remember the first name, said:
-the first year they ate the slugs
-the second they ate the cabbage
-the third they got eaten by the foxes.

So it is in the interest of "confining" them, at least at night!
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 05/04/20, 19:15

I have an automatic hatch that has been operating on its own since 2016 https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=379566.0. You just have to rejuvenate the program. We can make it simpler with a servo motor.

The hens come in alone, how is it going for the ducks?
1 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 12/04/20, 21:36

izentrop wrote:I have an automatic hatch that has been operating on its own since 2016 https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=379566.0. You just have to rejuvenate the program. We can make it simpler with a servo motor.

The hens come in alone, how is it going for the ducks?

The ducks are less disciplined than the hens, but by force they end up entering the hen house by themselves. On the other hand, in the morning, the ducks are noisier than the hens when they want to go out in the garden ... hence the importance of having a chicken coop door that closes in the evening and opens in the early morning!
That said, ducks stand up well too: https://www.arte.tv/fr/videos/090589-00 ... s-canards/
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 20/04/20, 00:18

A youngster made the presentation of an automatic chicken coop door with all the details, it has more mouth than mine of presentation.
There are 2 videos on his channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLCqO4 ... n8IWiku9cg
and a site for details https://electrotoile.eu/fabrication-diy ... rduino.php

The latest video:

At work Grelinette : Wink:
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 20/04/20, 15:06

izentrop wrote:At work Grelinette : Wink:

I'm working on it, I'm working on it! : Mrgreen:
But I have so many projects on the way that I get lost ....

Besides, still in touch with the chicken coop, I'm trying to make a grain distributor with a worm screw ... but I can't get my way!

I cut several discs of about 10 cm in diameter in plastic lids of 1 l ice boxes, I split each disc at the level of a radius and I tried to glue them one by one, from one edge of the radius of a disk to an edge of the other radius of another disk.
The principle works .... except that the covers are not all the same plastic: some stick, not the others!

Anyone have an idea to make a simple worm screw diam.1 0 cm, or tell me where I can find a thin plastic plate that sticks easily, and in which I can cut my discs? ...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 20/04/20, 21:49

Grelinette wrote:Besides, still in touch with the henhouse, I'm trying to make a grain distributor with a worm ... but I can't get my way!
I also had fun with that. The screw made with large wire, in the shape of a corkscrew works well, but for chickens, the feeder is the simplest.
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"