Make wood pellets

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Making your wood pellets

by Ahmed » 03/12/19, 22:16

The main interest is to obtain a product with the dimensions and the density adapted to an automatic combustion system; in clear, a granulate fluid which goes well in an automatic screw and is well adapted to small heaters.
The wood chip, a much lower cost, requires a very heavy conveying infrastructure and is designed for much higher powers.
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
dap35
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by dap35 » 04/12/19, 10:08

Hello

I am very interested too. I think I get there one day knowing that we are several to grind a lot and to consume granules
It seems very clear to me for the granulated part but would you have more information for the requirements quoted crushed:
At the moment I have a big classic grinder. I grind the wet wood and use it for the moment in mulching.
I guess you have to regrind finer for pellets?
And since the wood must be dry enough for the granules, it is necessary to dry the crushed material? Do you have any tips for that?

Thank you

Dap
1 x
the boulle
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by the boulle » 04/12/19, 11:31

here grinding

the next will be on the preparation to arrive at 13% of hygro
2 x
the boulle
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by the boulle » 04/12/19, 15:40

dap35 wrote:Hello

I am very interested too. I think I get there one day knowing that we are several to grind a lot and to consume granules
It seems very clear to me for the granulated part but would you have more information for the requirements quoted crushed:
At the moment I have a big classic grinder. I grind the wet wood and use it for the moment in mulching.
I guess you have to regrind finer for pellets?
And since the wood must be dry enough for the granules, it is necessary to dry the crushed material? Do you have any tips for that?

Thank you

Dap

to answer you,

you need wood without leaves, the most pure wood possible, because otherwise you will have a lot of ash is mach iron ....

to dry!! it's the nerve of war! be you dry the summer! be mixed with dry ground ... know that in the recovery, you will often find dry wood: pallets support frame coil of stamping machine wire, display rack, transport chassis for windows! here it is full of opportunities!

me the hardest it was to find the green wood!

good luck to you!
2 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 04/12/19, 15:58

very informative, thank you La Boulle :)
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 04/12/19, 21:07

You do not have the opportunity to recover sawdust? It seems to me that it would be ideal (the pellet having been created to use these bulky stocks) ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
the boulle
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by the boulle » 05/12/19, 08:43

Ahmed wrote:You do not have the opportunity to recover sawdust? It seems to me that it would be ideal (the pellet having been created to use these bulky stocks) ...

Hello.

so sawdust I have a full truck! I found a sawmill that gives me, the problem is too fine! I use it as an additive to dispose of it.

it would take sawdust to be cut, not sawdust sawdust.

I had made a few trips to the sawmill which luckily I came across this "slice" of sawdust. unfortunately cyclonic vacuum cleaners mix everything in the "room" with sawdust.

the chip can go eventually refining it, but 100% is not great, the hourly flow drops.

nevertheless with a larger granular, it might not be a problem!

for those lucky enough to have three-phase, there is a model with 200mm 7.5KW disk that has a bitrate around 100kg!

it's a point I have not talked about yet, it's the type of machine!
0 x
Sauron11
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Sauron11 » 21/02/20, 13:44

Hello, I really like your video explaining the process of making pellets. For those looking for 100% resinous pellet, certified and coming from protected forests. Pellet pallet is not bad in the field. You have to be careful who you buy from and where the raw material comes from.

Hello, SPAM in disguise, I still leave the link. Remundo for moderation
0 x
johannic
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by johannic » 10/09/22, 10:17

Hello everyone,
Given the news, I would like to learn the manufacture of pellet pellets.
Would there be people who master the subject and would have the kindness and benevolence to teach me, to explain to me and why not introduce me to their installation.
Thank you in advance good day
Johannic
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/09/22, 10:33

The method is not difficult: sawdust (not too wet) + compression = pellets. That's all...

The problem is to have, to find or to manufacture your pellet press...and to find enough sawdust for the investment to be profitable!
1 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."