The laborious path to my hammock: a superb broncier in the Sarthe

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: The hard way to my hammock: a beautiful broncier in the Sarthe

by Did67 » 21/10/19, 11:54

fl78960 wrote:
and there surprise!

I like when people have surprises !!! If they are good ...

I have a final tuft of green cucumber, eet a cucumber, on a foot that was, theoretically, dead powdery mildew ...

Note that these disturbing "experiences" are even more so if one thinks that it would have been enough that one treated with such or such powder of perlimpinpin to deduce from it that it is effective (if one does not take the trouble to keep an untreated witness). This is how legends are born that count among the most stubborn idiots of the net!

I did this, it works! Yes, but I did not do anything at all and it's really effective too !!!
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 21/10/19, 16:23

fl78960 wrote:Hello,

It's been a long time since the courgettes in my garden (in the Parisian suburbs) are oidium nests ... and I had "abandoned" the land at the beginning of September, telling me that there would only be apples left to harvest , but we spent this weekend with my brother-in-law to continue the slave labor ...

and there surprise! the squash and zucchini feet are in perfect health, and some zucchini specimens wait patiently for us. The green squash foot made 4 or 5 squash, the biggest of which is big as a grapefruit, so I left them, to see ...

Like what sometimes doing nothing is the best thing to do : Mrgreen:
0 x
jansti50
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jansti50 » 16/02/20, 12:45

Hello
the storm prompted me to clean up my PC, and I happily found the site, I just re-registered with reliable contact details ...
I think we should not rush, I just looked at this site lately:
info@permaculturedesign.fr
All the answers to your questions are there
Observe, observe, observe .... draw ....
one of the advices given first, starting small 100 m2 is already a lot ...
I think that a brushcutter cleaning is the first thing to do (lack of goats that do the job and fatten the ground ...) It's work I talk about it knowingly. Renting a self-propelled mulcher (flail) allows faster cleaning, leaves ground material on the ground which will act as mulch, and enrich the soil. Abandoned and surrounded by deciduous trees there must be an already substantial layer of humus. I would pass the area in good quality mulch fern (low acid soil ??)
For my vegetable corner I will try an area with the most humus present, sunny, sheltered from the prevailing winds or the best protected from the winds by shrubs.
For the choice of vegetables, personally when I walk in a new country I look over the fence what the natives do in their garden, talking with them is good for conviviality and even better when it is one of the future more or less close neighbors. When you live far away it is sometimes useful that he also takes a look to warn that the deer have passed to rejuvenate the new kiwi or raspberry plants set up during the last visit.
Speaking of raspberries, the permacultor recommended putting 30 cm of BRF or ground wood on the site intended for planting and carrying out the planting the following year (productivity and health gains ...)
It's a great project, good luck but there is happiness in perspective it is still invigorating
Regards jansti50
1 x
fl78960
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by fl78960 » 22/05/20, 18:24

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:

I'm still alive, but confinement requires, the Sarthe being more than 100 km from my home ... well ... I do nothing.

However, I fear what I will find after more than 6 months of abandonment.
2020 will therefore be a white year, we will just have to clear the bush before the arrival of COVID-20 : Evil:

I caught up on the garden at home, not really the lazy vegetable garden, rather the vegetable of the bored guy : Oops:
0 x
Stef72
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Stef72 » 23/05/20, 09:30

fl78960 wrote:
Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:

I'm still alive, but confinement requires, the Sarthe being more than 100 km from my home ... well ... I do nothing.

However, I fear what I will find after more than 6 months of abandonment.
2020 will therefore be a white year, we will just have to clear the bush before the arrival of COVID-20 : Evil:

I caught up on the garden at home, not really the lazy vegetable garden, rather the vegetable of the bored guy : Oops:

Expect 1 meter tall herbs !! good luck
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 23/05/20, 10:01

The good news is that they will not exceed this height, no matter how long you are away ... 8)
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
fl78960
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by fl78960 » 29/05/20, 14:48

Ahmed wrote:The good news is that they will not exceed this height, no matter how long you are away ... 8)

my concern is that the "herbs" were well mixed with ferns and other brambles which were well over 2 meters.

But all this is soon a thing of the past, the 100 kilometer barrier is soon over, all that remains is for me to have a car running (and asking for holidays).
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 29/05/20, 16:56

fl78960 wrote:
Ahmed wrote:The good news is that they will not exceed this height, no matter how long you are away ... 8)

my concern is that the "herbs" were well mixed with ferns and other brambles which were well over 2 meters.

But all this is soon a thing of the past, the 100 kilometer barrier is soon over, all that remains is for me to have a car running (and asking for holidays).

at least you're going to have MO, you're going to be able to make good hay : Mrgreen: and spend the calories you didn’t spend during confinement
that happiness !!!
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
fl78960
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by fl78960 » 19/06/20, 15:09

As I feared it is a little more than 1 meter of vegetation that awaited me.
IMG_20200619_112702.jpg

IMG_20200619_103448.jpg

70 minutes of mowing

IMG_20200619_114131.jpg

Then mower

IMG_20200619_145926.jpg
1 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 19/06/20, 15:43

fl78960 wrote:As I feared it is a little more than 1 meter of vegetation that awaited me.
Reversing.JPG
Renversant.JPG (61.09 KiB) Viewed 3796 times

What to be returned! : Cheesy:
1 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"