Destruction of biodiversity for the sake of cleanliness

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Destruction of biodiversity for the sake of cleanliness

by Exnihiloest » 04/02/20, 22:04

GuyGadebois wrote:... déblatérations ...

You understand nothing of what you are told, and use it as a pretext for personal attacks.
We always have the feeling that you think you are in a competition of animals.
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 04/02/20, 22:05

VetusLignum wrote:...
The author, living around Bordeaux, continues to denounce "the destruction of nature", in particular, the grinding of grassy areas, which destroys both wild plants and the insects that live on them.
This grinding is probably done for the sake of cleanliness.

These grindings are not new, while the acceleration of the disappearance of insects is recent. So even if it contributes to their decline, it is surely not the main reason, moreover it is very unlikely that there is only one, it is certainly multifactorial.
Scientists accuse intensive farming, but the question is far from being that simple.
https://lactualite.com/sante-et-science ... -insectes/
0 x
VetusLignum
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by VetusLignum » 04/02/20, 22:29

Exnihiloest wrote:These grindings are not new, while the acceleration of the disappearance of insects is recent. So even if it contributes to their decline, it is surely not the main reason, moreover it is very unlikely that there is only one, it is certainly multifactorial.
Scientists accuse intensive farming, but the question is far from being that simple.
https://lactualite.com/sante-et-science ... -insects/

In the past, roadside maintenance was done manually by road workers; and they didn't have a reputation for going to great lengths.
http://leblogdeminizup.eklablog.com/his ... -a92330631

But for 20 or 30 years, the savings women have arrived; and I saw for myself a vertiginous fall in biodiversity.
https://www.tela-botanica.org/2008/02/article2182/
https://www.letelegramme.fr/local/canal ... 987248.php

However, 30 years ago, farmers treated generously, and they did not even suspect the harmfulness of the products used (now they have seen cancers, and they are careful).
0 x
VetusLignum
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by VetusLignum » 11/02/20, 21:33

izentrop wrote:
VetusLignum wrote: in France, we have local authorities who seem not to know what to do with their money.
You are in France ? I thought I understood that you were in a country that is really annoyed with the brexit that is imposed on it?

Here, the bumblebees disappear. We don't even talk about butterflies anymore ...

We keep tidying up nature so we have lots of grassland and parkland with no dandelions or clover or other wildflowers and the bumblebees die of hunger.
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/h ... 37384.html
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 11/02/20, 22:45

VetusLignum wrote:Here, the bumblebees disappear. We don't even talk about butterflies anymore ...

Do you think Tryphon is something to beat? A guy who answers that* to this problem has nothing to worry about, alive. His problem is the ecologists who are a barrier to what he calls "progress".

0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 11/02/20, 22:56

VetusLignum wrote:Here, the bumblebees disappear. We don't even talk about butterflies anymore ...
We keep tidying up nature so we have lots of grassland and parkland with no dandelions or clover or other wildflowers and the bumblebees die of hunger.
Ok, you confirm me;)
"What's going on with our bumblebees is a huge problem. Hunger is killing them. They are literally starving," she said.

“They come out of hibernation in February and March and need the nectar from flowering plants for food, but the way we manage the landscape now means there aren't enough flowers.

«We keep tidying up the nature, so we have a lot of meadows and parks without dandelions, clover or other wild flowers and the bumblebees are starving.
In France it must be little better for bumblebees, given the eagerness of people to get on their mower tractor and this unhealthy need for cleanliness, driven by consumerism ...

Always more aesthetics leads to more and more destruction of nature. When we too starve, it will be too late. :(
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 23/10/20, 22:46

I put that here.
He represents responsible youth who know what they are talking about and wish for their future:
1 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 24/10/20, 13:12

very nice speech, very good observation, but always with a cruel lack of solutions
change yes to go towards what? he talks to us about the old discourse of scientists that must be rejuvenated, and he gives us the old solutions ...

If it was enough to stop eating meat to save the world, it would be known ...
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 25/10/20, 02:40

Yes, Moindreffor is not simple, but already if all those who maintain a large lawn, like him, made a space of biodiversity with a body of water, it would already be a big step.
And also less wasted oil, less CO2 released.

I already do this at home, with just one mowing per year to limit brambles and invasive plants with thorns, a few large trees overgrown with ivy ...
No pond yet, in project but not easy to set up either. : Wink:
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 25/10/20, 12:31

I don't know this young man, but he doesn't seem to me from an underprivileged background, his pond is not everyone's pond and I wish you could make it so spacious, therefore from a sphere

so unfortunately I do not adhere to this kind of video, although the observation is fairly correct, it ruffles my hair, it's very lesson-giver and I think it's totally counterproductive, the youngster who wants to impose on the old, he opposes instead of bringing together, it is unfortunately natural because it is a teenager who at this period of his life is placed in opposition to his elders, this is what plagues all this movement of youth , later when he will have gained a little wisdom he will perhaps understand his mistake and change his method, but apparently the ecologists of today by dint of living between them only perpetuate this state of mind and we sees the consequences on our new green mayors and their ideas shifted from our realities
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)