Bioclimatic but colapso trend: roof

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
christian5454
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Bioclimatic but colapso trend: roof

by christian5454 » 09/02/20, 10:28

Hello everybody

I discover this forum after having known a while ago forum cyber handyman who no longer seems active ...
I don't know if this forum will offer the same thing ...

For the record I already self built 2 house and had created a site on this subject http://www.construire-sain.com
-First house in cellular concrete with exterior insulation
-Second, wooden frame

As I plan to settle in a place more conducive to comfort vis-à-vis global warming, a new construction project is running in my head, but it will not be self-construction, more energy and time ...

Ideally it will either be an old stone building renovated and insulated by the outside, or new in brick with insulation by the outside in wood wool probably. I have some experience of thermal comfort and the wood frame bof bof bof really.

My question given that I have a somewhat colapsologist vision of the future and that a new storm is coming up is:

What is the ideal roof to withstand the shock in the face of storms?
We know how to anchor rafters securely on a masonry, but for the rest ??
Is a green roof a viable solution in case of storm? in this case how is everything anchored?
Anyway, has anyone ever thought about the question?

The subject is not to debate what hangs in our noses or not, the subject being to build a building which resists future outbursts and which offers good thermal comfort ...

Thank you all, and if I'm wrong forum, please tell me another;)
1 x
Remundo

Re: Bioclimatic but colapso trend: roofing

by Remundo » 09/02/20, 10:59

Hello Christian,

thank you for your intervention,

to withstand storms, regardless of the thermal aspect, you must either have screwed cover elements, or very heavy and offering little wind resistance, what I'm going to quote is not very glamorous, but here's what we put in windy mountain in the Arvernes
- ancestral: slips thick
- to lighten a little: slates, but less solid and brittle
- steel pan sheets screwed on frame, do not make the roof sheets protrude too much
- and in a more modern way: photovoltaic "tiles" screwed to the frame.

As a somewhat original alternative, some also make buried houses, not that bad from a thermal point of view (although a little cool)

The green roof seems unhealthy for the frame because it is heavy, keeps moisture and attracts critters. It has other advantages.
0 x
christian5454
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by christian5454 » 09/02/20, 14:12

Thank you

Okay, well I'm going to be frank, it's not that kind of response that I was waiting for ....

The first two methods are no longer really relevant except to be fortunate, and the slate will not prevent a big storm from tearing off a roof
The steel tank = aesthetic and deplorable sound comfort
The photovoltaic tile: this is what flew first during the xintia storm ...

I expect structural means and not principles that cannot be achieved, a steel tank never prevented a roof from flying away ...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 09/02/20, 15:17

christian5454 wrote:Okay, well I'm going to be frank, it's not that kind of response that I was waiting for ....

Ah, damn ... Remundo has it all wrong.
Why not that then? The roof is not likely to fly away ....

blokhaus.jpg
blokhaus.jpg (11 KB) Viewed 6327 times

You "who are waiting for structural means", you are served!
2 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 09/02/20, 15:50

Outside the bunker, the techniques used in the south of France for canal tiles seem to me a good alternative: Hourdis + reinforced concrete and masonry tiles, all on a moderate slope. Heavy but very resistant to storms.

Green roofs I don't know, it seems to me to be very wind-resistant, but it's probably an apriori. I am building one in test for a horse box but it is far too early to draw any conclusions ... It takes a strong frame and I frankly have no idea of ​​the lifespan of sealing. A big question arises about the condensation on the underside ... I did not find a way to provide ventilation under the waterproofing membrane.

Today if I had to build a house like this I think I would go to "earth-straw" (ancestral technique of cob) with insulation from the outside and wood cladding and green roof (provided that a valid solution is found. to ensure ventilation on the underside)
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 09/02/20, 17:02

sicetaitsimple wrote:
christian5454 wrote:Okay, well I'm going to be frank, it's not that kind of response that I was waiting for ....

Ah, damn ... Remundo has it all wrong.
Why not that then? The roof is not likely to fly away ....

blokhaus.jpg
You "who are waiting for structural means", you are served!

that's a concrete answer! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 09/02/20, 17:05

christian5454 wrote:I expect structural means and not principles that cannot be achieved, a steel tank never prevented a roof from flying away ...

you can make a cement roof with concrete slabs, like ... a version even stronger than slicks.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 09/02/20, 17:12

Remundo wrote:that's a concrete answer! : Mrgreen:

What do you want, when someone says "this is not the kind of response i expected"And"I expect structural means and not unrealizable principles ", necessarily I mobilize! : Mrgreen:
1 x
christian5454
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by christian5454 » 09/02/20, 18:11

Thank you Forhorse

Indeed I thought of a beamed roof slabs thinking that it was a delusional idea, but it really exists?

Yes, low slope imposed for pouring concrete ...
The advantage of this type of roofing would be to insulate from above for reasons of inertia but then the question arises of the fixing of this insulator.
In short, nothing is simple, or traditional frame reinforced and very well fixed on the masonry ... the flat tiles can be fixed on the slats ...
I expected bunker-like 'jokes', each his vision of the future, but, I think this type of joke comes from no one who has not yet had to suffer a storm when hearing his roof fly away. .. I lived it, and it was precisely the photovoltaic tiles that emerged first .... so I don't see how this process would be a solution to the question asked ...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 09/02/20, 18:24

christian5454 wrote: I expected bunker-style 'jokes' ......

It's just your way of responding to Remundo (read it again, it's particularly derogatory to whoever took the time to answer you) that prompted my "bunker" response.
But if you already know everything, why are you coming to ask questions?
1 x