Which crusher to produce BRF (Raméal Fragmented Wood)?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: What mill to produce BRF?

by Ahmed » 14/01/20, 19:43

Yes, because it is very useful to try before deciding. Many disappointments result from the enticing allegations of the sellers, very quickly reduced to nothing, either because exaggerated, or because they are accompanied by unperceived inconveniences.
When I say try, it's not just attending a demonstration at a fair, with all the tricks that allow you to distort the game * or to judge on a Youtube video (I remember a demo where the film was cut during assembly, when the machine was about to stuff!).
The most interesting, in addition to the extended test, is to benefit from the feedback of a user who is known to be warned (because the testimony of an incompetent user in the matter is worthless).

* By passing carefully selected branches or by working the device in conditions which it can only withstand exceptionally and not in prolonged use.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
fl78960
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by fl78960 » 16/01/20, 15:50

Hello,

It is at the foot of the crusher with its vegetable SES that we realize a lot of parameters which may seem insignificant at first sight.

I am equipped with a small electric grinder 2000W Alko bought 60 € second-hand: for my small garden (hedge trimming and small fruit trees) it is more than enough, especially after replacing the blades.

... but each species has its particularities:
hardwood (example: cotoneaster) which has trouble passing the discs (manage the advance so as not to go too fast)
very dry and straight twigs (example: berberis) that swallow by themselves, but I go twice to the grinder to properly grind the thorns.
something soft (example: thuja sizes) that does not want to be caught by the blades: need a pusher to lower ...

You quickly acquire the experience of YOUR garden and know how to manage the grinding: I keep some plants for a while until they dry out a bit, I plan a stock to make a session justifying the output of the grinder ... ( I also sometimes prick the bundles of plants from neighbors when they take them out for pickup)

The crushed waste from my garden represents a ridiculous volume that certainly finds its place ... in the garden!
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 31/03/20, 16:39

Still about the thermal grinder:
https://www.agrieuro.fr/broyeur-de-bran ... -8189.html
whose price is only increasing : Mrgreen: and that can be found under other brands, since it is a Chinese manufacture (of good quality).
Just change the paint and the stickers : Mrgreen: to get one from the Tartempion brand.

I confirm that it is a very good machine, everything works! : Lol:
Except that you should not have too many "plane" type leaves because otherwise there is a risk that it will jam at the outlet of the chute.
In this season I don't have the problem.
I sharpened the knives recently and he regained his youth.
It swallows big V speed from the fir branches that I had to push before sharpening.
Indeed, previously he cut m3 of dry branches (hard) and especially bamboo (also dry) reputed to be abrasive because it contains a lot of silica.
Sharpening really makes all the difference on performance! :P
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 31/03/20, 19:44

Indeed, in the hall of the Chinese factory (on the south-east coast) are exposed machines of different colors and with different brand names, according to European importers (I made a virtual visit 8) ) ...
Concerning the sheets, the concern lies in the large volume introduced (for them, practically no reduction in volume due to grinding) and the reduction in the section of the ejection duct: the introduction must be regulated to avoid cap. I had thought of manufacturing a duct with a strictly constant section, but a good mastery of operations allows me to dispense with it so far.
The hard branches impose severe constraints on this shredder which is not intended for that and it also plays on the duration of the sharpening. As with all sharp tools, care must be taken to ensure that the blades cut well: this is decisive for normal operation ... and it is also true for the user!
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 31/03/20, 22:18

Having tried both, I prefer an electric grinder (more torque, no smoke, no pollution, less noise) and a knife-holder rotor (if it gets stuck, the direction is reversible) rather than a blade.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 31/03/20, 23:15

Warning! Try both, if you are just talking about opposing an internal combustion engine and an electric motor, it means absolutely nothing as the characteristics inside each of the two formulas can be different ...
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 31/03/20, 23:18

Ahmed wrote:Warning! Try both, if you are just talking about opposing an internal combustion engine and an electric motor, it means absolutely nothing as the characteristics inside each of the two formulas can be different ...

I tried both of each, so I tried four. I don't like those with blades, they get stuck too often (when you're "greedy) and the thermal makes too much noise.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 31/03/20, 23:20

Well, I have tried many ... yes, yes! :D ... and I am far from having an exhaustive knowledge of it!
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 31/03/20, 23:21

Ahmed wrote:Well, I have tried many ... yes, yes! :D ... and I am far from having an exhaustive knowledge of it!

I understand. But the same goes for my chainsaw. Never again thermal (I am not a forester).
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 31/03/20, 23:27

Chainsaws, I know well, a little too much, it screwed up my lungs a little (but not the neurons!) ... :(
0 x