electric car and transport, wire news

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Electric Cars and transport, wire news

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 06/01/20, 19:28

Forhorse wrote:
Remundo wrote:yes indeed, we can push the reflection further.

thus an old Renault 5 produced in France and adapted to ethanol on moderate journeys can have a much better CO2 footprint than buying a new electric car that drives a lot. But GDP (gross international pollution) will not increase! : Idea:

We’ve known this for a long time, but it’s obviously not in the opinion of our leaders (probably blinded by the words of some very powerful lobby groups).
Personally I have never understood how it could be more ecological to replace an old car which works very well with a new one which consumes hardly less, with a performance which can be hardly better and a system of "depollution", whereas this one- this is made up of many more parts (therefore more polluting to manufacture, and often produced far away, in just-in-time flow, etc.) and that the old one will have to be recycled when it could still run ... all that to consume what? 0.5l / 100km less? I would like someone to present me the carbon footprint of the whole operation, I have a big doubt about the environmental "profitability" of the thing.
In any case financially for the owner of the car, it is clear that it is not profitable.

Fully agree
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 06/01/20, 19:28

Forhorse wrote:We’ve known this for a long time, but it’s obviously not in the opinion of our leaders ...
In any case financially for the owner of the car, it is clear that it is not profitable.

I do not really see what our leaders are doing in there ..... whatever edge they are.
What prevents you from driving in an R5 if it passes technical control (whose emission thresholds depend on the date of entry into service of the vehicle)?
1 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 06/01/20, 19:38

Remundo wrote:yes indeed, we can push the reflection further.

thus an old Renault 5 produced in France and adapted to ethanol on moderate journeys can have a much better CO2 footprint than buying a new electric car that drives a lot. But GDP (gross international pollution) will not increase! : Idea:

I found that, I find it particularly tempting:
https://www.jre85.fr/prestations/carburation/
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 06/01/20, 20:05

In any case, these "received ideas" are contradicted by the statistics:

Almost 9 years is the average age of cars in France. The French Automobile Manufacturers Committee (CCFA) published its latest data on the French car fleet this week. And with precisely 8,9 years, the average age of cars in circulation has increased again since last year. Five years ago, the park was still on average only 5 years old. Going back to 8,2, a car was on average in France only 1992 years old…

https://auto.bfmtv.com/actualite/les-vo ... 00981.html

Those who bought a car in the 70s / 80s, which started to rot through rust 5 years later, will understand. Not to mention the revisions every 5000km .... And everything else (upholstery, ...) which deteriorated at great speed.
I have a Clio petrol 1,2l which at 8 years old, I don't drive much, it's true, it has 82000km, always parked outside. I just changed (1st time) the tires, as well as the battery (1st time too). It looks almost new. Compared to the R5 of my future spouse bought in 1980 (the car, not the spouse!), There is no photo!
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 06/01/20, 21:55

sicetaitsimple wrote:What prevents you from driving in an R5 if it passes technical control (whose emission thresholds depend on the date of entry into service of the vehicle)?

The rules of technical control more and more restrictive ... in particular the corrosion which suddenly fails on any slightly old vehicle, even if it does not affect the structure of the vehicle.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 06/01/20, 22:04

Forhorse wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:What prevents you from driving in an R5 if it passes technical control (whose emission thresholds depend on the date of entry into service of the vehicle)?

The rules of technical control more and more restrictive ... in particular the corrosion which suddenly fails on any slightly old vehicle, even if it does not affect the structure of the vehicle.

The bodies being for the most part self-supporting, corrosion acts primarily on the structure (and therefore on the rigidity) of the vehicle, except when talking about the fenders, the tailgate or the doors. The 2CV being "a bodywork on a chassis" does not suffer from this defect, unless it has been corroded.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 08/01/20, 00:26

China: Elon Musk Welcomes First Tesla Buyers Made by Giant Shanghai Factory

AFP published on Jan 07, 2020

Elon Musk, eccentric CEO of Tesla, presented to Chinese customers on Tuesday the very first electric vehicles out of its giant factory in Shanghai inaugurated last year, the only one of the automaker to operate outside the United States at the moment .

The first cars to be taken off the assembly line had been handed over to a few employees who had ordered at the end of December, but no ordinary customer had so far been able to take possession of them. For the occasion Elon Musk, all smiles, tried to improvise a few dance steps in front of a giant screen that presented the Model 3, the group's entry-level vehicle. Its factory price is 299 yuan (000 euros).

The Shanghai plant, which opened in January 2019, already manufactures more than a thousand cars a week, but Tesla hopes to produce twice as many next year, despite a shrinking Chinese car market. "We will continue to invest and increase this investment in China", assured Elon Musk in front of a conquered audience.

The 48-year-old entrepreneur has also promised an engineering center in China to locally design a vehicle for the global market. However, he did not deliver a calendar.

The giant Shanghai factory was originally intended to allow the American company to circumvent the effects of the fierce trade war between Washington and Beijing, by manufacturing vehicles on the spot rather than importing them.

Tesla owns the entire Shanghai plant and has taken advantage of new Chinese legislation: in 2018 Beijing lifted the obligation for foreign manufacturers to form an alliance with a local company for the production of electric or hybrid vehicles.

But the world's largest automotive market has seen its sales plummet since 2018 - including in the promising electric segment - amid an economic slowdown and trade tensions with the United States. In a gloomy economic environment, the main car manufacturers were therefore forced to lower their prices.

https://www.connaissancedesenergies.org ... ine-200107
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 08/01/20, 09:38

Great. The billionaire is dancing (this morning's news) He will install tik tok.
At Mandelieu this fall I came across the proud owner of a zero equivalent 125 motorcycle.
I bombarded him with question. The poor man, he could no longer leave.
He started on a Honda XR like me.
Autonomy (good), debridage chip (useless),
Finish (beautiful), road holding (at the top).
He got it from a dealer friend, an exhibition model, so a ridiculous kilometer.
€ 4000 discount on the list price.
4000 € green / green bonus (I don't really know the exact term)
€ 4000 to take back his previous motorcycle.
In the end I forgot if it had cost him 4000 € or nothing at all ...
Too many figures, kill the figures but the guy had a smile that spoke volumes.
I will continue to use my little triple speed of 140hp for 5l / 100 while waiting to have finished the restoration of the battery of my electric scooter matra e-mo
Attachments
Screenshot_2020-01-08-09-20-37_1.jpg
Screenshot_2020-01-08-09-20-37_1.jpg (104.11 KB) Viewed 1883 times
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 08/01/20, 10:35

Forhorse wrote:Personally I have never understood how it could be more ecological to replace an old car which works very well with a new one which consumes hardly less, with a performance which can be hardly better and a system of "depollution", whereas this one- this is made up of many more parts (therefore more polluting to manufacture, and often produced far away, in just-in-time flow, etc.) and that the old one will have to be recycled when it could still run ... all that to consume what? 0.5l / 100km less? I would like someone to present me the carbon footprint of the whole operation, I have a big doubt about the environmental "profitability" of the thing.
The word "ecological" is too vague and covers too many themes.
Carbon footprint (implicitly linked to global warming), energy consumption (not necessarily carbonaceous), pollution (fine particles among others), are different subjects and what makes decrease one of the three must (often) increase (at least ) one of the others.

For example: Replacing an old diesel with pump injector with a modern engine greatly increases overall energy consumption, (slightly) decreases vehicle consumption and greatly reduces emissions (NOx, particles).
The overall balance is negative for CO2 but positive for the health of residents ...
Is it more or less "ecological" :?:
1 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 08/01/20, 10:58

no engine, thermal or electric is environmentally friendly by nature. At most, it is less polluting in use than others. But we must not forget that the real pollution begins with the extraction of its constituents, their transformation, their use, then their recycling and there we would have surprises. :frown:
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré