Pellet boiler adjustment

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
TTOM
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Pellet boiler adjustment

by TTOM » 15/12/19, 23:34

Hello everyone, having not found a specific answer on the forum I ask you here:

I have a solarfocus pellettop 25kw pellet boiler which blindly heats a 700l buffer tank via a charge valve to a temperature of 75 ° c. After this temperature the boiler switches off and then restarts when the temperature difference exceeds 14 ° c (i.e. 61 ° c)
From the buffer tank I go to a hydraulic module via a circulator which has:
1 direct flow to a DHW tank (integrated into an oil boiler)
1 from v3v which supplies the radiators of the house via a regulator with a slope set to 1.30.
The house is heating up properly.
My question is only:
In your opinion what set temperature should be set to optimize and if possible save pellets?

Thanks in advance for your advice
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Pellet boiler adjustment

by sicetaitsimple » 16/12/19, 16:52

Ttom wrote:In your opinion what set temperature should be set to optimize and if possible save pellets?

Really not obvious, it depends on how the boiler is sized. The set temperature is high and that inevitably leads to some losses on the 700l tank, but if it is well insulated it is not necessarily dramatic.

Do you have a boiler outlet flue gas temperature sensor? If so, it would be interesting for you to take stock of the evolution of it during a complete cycle 61 ° -> 75 °.
0 x
TTOM
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by TTOM » 16/12/19, 19:15

Yes it is perfectly insulated (polyurethane shell)
Yes there is a probe. Basically from 61 to 73 ° the t ° is about 135 ° and then gradually drops to 90 ° when the water is 75 °
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 16/12/19, 19:33

Ttom wrote: Basically from 61 to 73 ° the t ° is about 135 ° and then gradually drops to 90 ° when the water is 75 °

Sorry, I don't see how to help you! A large part of the losses of a boiler are the losses to the chimney, but if they remain constant during the cycle as you indicate, there is a priori nothing to scratch on this side there by temperature settings. different instructions.
Good luck for the future!
0 x
TTOM
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by TTOM » 16/12/19, 20:03

Do you think I would consume more if I changed the ignition and extinction temperatures? Like I make it work from 55 to 80 °?
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 16/12/19, 20:33

No idea ... But I find the 75 already a little high, I don't recommend you go up to 80 ° C. It may start to boil locally in certain places of the heating body, it is not excellent for its integrity.
0 x