Your smartphone (Google) is listening to you: experience of Aloe Vera and Dupontel's pétanque

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Christophe

Re: “The Aloe Vera Experience” or how your google phone is bugged!

by Christophe » 04/12/19, 11:31

izentrop wrote:I fear nothing with my Huawé : Mrgreen:

Well seen!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/12/19, 11:37

Grelinette wrote:This answer alone means everything and says nothing!

The fact that it is evil has nothing to do with the principle. So yes our phones are listening to us, after it is the use that some of this technology will make which will be evil or not.
A knife is evil if it is in the hands of a sadistic psychopath. (no, I did not say that those who exploit the listening of our phones are psychopaths and devilish ... : roll: )..

Advertising remarketing doesn't bother me more than that, except that I haven't given my consent to be listened to!

But if these data are used for political purposes, for industrial or military espionage, lobbying, in short "dirty" uses, it is much, much more serious!

When you know what your enemy is up to, your victory is almost guaranteed!

If it's not from Tsun Tsu then it's from Napoleon! : Cheesy:

ps: I have never configured the "Ok Google" voice assistant on any of my phones (since google keeps everything ...) and I don't have the facebook application or facebook messenger (some friends slow down but I m 'burrow ... I trust SMS more than messenger)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/01/21, 16:24

Bin let's see !!

NostraChris was still right !! : Mrgreen:

We are no longer pigeons! How do our phones spy on us?

It's happened to us all to think that our phones are listening to us. But if if, when for example we talk about baby diapers and in the next minute we receive an advertisement from a brand of diapers while surfing on social networks. But is this really the case? Wouldn't it be easier for advertising agencies (Google, Facebook and company) to track our behavior using other traces that we leave during our browsing? Are cookies our friends? Is it possible to navigate without leaving a trace? Investigation.
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Experience with Aloe Vera or how your Google phone is bugged!

by Grelinette » 08/01/21, 21:48

Good evening Christophe,

I am amazed that a geek like you is not more aware of everything that can be done remotely with a pc, a tablet or a smartphone!

Personally, I am convinced that all of today's high-tech equipment can be controlled remotely and can collect all kinds of information without the user's knowledge.

Lately I saw a program (old, from 2017) with a former Russian spy who recounts his experiences. It is very interesting and he says that even off we can remotely activate the microphone or the camera of a PC or a tablet. It's the same with a smartphone. Moreover, the ex-spy confirms that current technologies make it possible to operate the camera and the microphone of a smartphone even when turned off.

It's here :

Besides Christophe, I downloaded a small app on the dark-web and by activating the different cameras around you (smartphone, pc, etc ...) that you look bad when I write you these lines! ...
And then stop picking your nose when you answer on econology, it's neglected! : Cheesy:
(don't try to spy on me, I put a tape on my pc's cam : Mrgreen: ).
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 08/01/21, 22:14

Little reminder lived:
Google (Youtube, therefore) also spies on "smart-tv". I had bought an Android box to connect to my TV and through it I watched movies (and others) with my external hard drive connected by USB to the said box. One day when I looked in the preferences of Youtube, I see the option "upload a video", I click and there, ALL the contents of my USB disk were referenced there !!! Nothing better to know someone than to "see" what he watches as film, series, documentaries and listens as music. I was stunned, I felt like I was being raped. Result of races, reset of the box and resale illico on eBay.

sciences-et-technologies / the-experience-de-l-aloe-vera-ou-how-your-google-phone-is-listened-to-t16145.html? hilit = Smart% 20TV # p368930
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 09/01/21, 19:20

Rule of thumb: when you buy a phone or a computer.
- put a very opaque tape on the camera on the keyboard side before the 1st start-up.
- put a 2 ° very thick tape on the fingerprint reader (practical when it is on the side of the smartphone) before the 1st start-up.
- spend hours configuring / banning the 50000 pretexts used to formalize the theft of personal, professional data etc ... before connecting to the internet or WiFi etc ...

After installing W10Privacy for example (Destroyer : Mrgreen: ), we realize, with the mind-boggling number of Windaube parameters to "control" information leaks to CrotteSofte and other bad guys, that WTEN (like the others I suppose) has the main activity of stealing information.
CrotteSofte does not sell an operating system but an advertising medium! :( : Wink: :x
1 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 09/01/21, 19:25

Flytox wrote:W10Privacy...

I prefer O&O ShutUp 10.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/01/21, 11:38

Grelinette wrote:Besides Christophe, I downloaded a small app on the dark-web and by activating the different cameras around you (smartphone, pc, etc ...) that you look bad when I write you these lines! ...
And then stop picking your nose when you answer on econology, it's neglected! : Cheesy:
(don't try to spy on me, I put a tape on my pc's cam : Mrgreen: ).

Bin thin then !! : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

Is it stupid because you must have missed my daily sessions of solitary pleasure then? Yet they are worth it !! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

There are some more gifted than you: I have already seen paying 0.0015 BTC (bitcoin) because of this! : Cry: : Cry:

More seriously, a small French series dealt with the subject:

ps: I must warn you that you forgot to plug your microphone (or badly, already stereo microphones exist now) ... suddenly I heard your wife yell at you ... and the rest ... remind you you not too far from the PC about 1 month ago ... I'm not going to develop out of respect for other visitors but with your wife it's not often but when she wants she's a hell of a bitch! And still I have that sound! Hey yes a piece of stotch is not enough to block a microphone ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 10/01/21, 21:58

Christophe wrote:
Grelinette wrote:And then stop picking your nose when you answer on econology, it's neglected! : Cheesy:

Bin thin then !! : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

Is it stupid because you must have missed my daily sessions of solitary pleasure then? Yet they are worth it !! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Bin ... that is to say that when I write "pick the nose", it is a metaphor to not put you too badly.
Here I send you in MP the videos of your "solitary pleasures" ... of the nose of course! : Cheesy:

Otherwise for my wife, it's like with my webcam: I also put a tape on her when it's too naughty! : Mrgreen:
1 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/01/21, 23:54

Grelinette wrote:I also put a scotch tape when it's too naughty! : Mrgreen:

Ah yes not stupid! I would think !! : Mrgreen:
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"