Marseille soap: Olive oil or palm oil?

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Did67

Re: Soap of Marseille: Olive oil or palm oil?

by Did67 » 24/07/16, 23:20

Wowhhhhhh

Awesome!

I garden without getting too tired ...

I make my sourdough bread, without tiring me too much (bread machine - which went out of fashion; are 20 euros!) ...

I wonder if I'm not going to start soaps! With the cold method, doesn't that seem too tiring? So that fits into my concept! And as for cardio reasons I run away from palm oil, well here it is: I would wash my buttocks with- awesome!
0 x
djo59
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by djo59 » 25/07/16, 00:57

Did67, I have been following your post for a long time, which fascinates me. And indeed, the soap made cold should please you and fits perfectly into your concept.

I promise, these days I will do a post / tutorial on cold saponification
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/07/16, 04:49

1360 wrote:What is certain is that I will think a little more next time before opening a discussion on a forum which wants to be "econological". I would probably go on a forum more general, but which does not have a shop, I will thus avoid the ire of its administrator.

This is good since there is no more shop!
0 x
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by 1360 » 30/07/16, 16:58

@djo59,

Thank you for your long answer, as interesting as it is detailed. Regarding my Marseille soap soap with palm oil, it was a failure because as you said, it does not clean anything.

So I went to a drugstore to buy the quality ingredients to do a second test: Soda crystals, baking soda, lavender essential oil and, of course, the real Marseille oil soap olive I mentioned above.

It only remains for me to find the right proportions because, as usual, we find everything and its opposite on the net ...

On the other hand, good news: There is still real Aleppo soap! I found it in "my" drugstore, there are three kinds: 12% bay laurel oil, 20% and 40%. I took two to 20% for my shower, I will give some news on its effectiveness.

Two photos, for the most skeptical:

Real Aleppo soap.jpg
Real Aleppo soap.jpg (27.84 KiB) Viewed 3809 times

29ee7cdf-7ec7-4cd0-9e3f-58ab775a0109.jpg
29ee7cdf-7ec7-4cd0-9e3f-58ab775a0109.jpg (21.22 Kio) Consulté 3809 fois

We see that this soap is authentic, and from Syria. Its composition is also authentic.

At the time of the Econologie boutique, there was also Aleppo soap, but, curiously, it was written "Aleppo" in French. A special export model, or a soap made elsewhere than in Syria? A photo from the former store in question:

Aleppo soap from the Econologie.jpg store
Aleppo soap from the Econologie shop.jpg (32.15 KB) Viewed 3809 times

A+
0 x
Trying too hard to get into the mold, it ends up looking like a pie.
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by 1360 » 31/07/16, 08:16

Hello,

Last night, I made myself a liquid detergent with Marseille soap in a quick version. Indeed, I found a recipe with which there is no need to let the mixture sit for 24 hours, so it can be used immediately.

Ultra simple to do: Dissolve 80 grams of Marseille soap in 1.5 liters of very hot water, then add 1 tablespoon of baking soda and another tablespoon of white vinegar. I added another tablespoon of soda crystals and 7 drops of lavender essential oil. We mix well, and the laundry is ready.

I hastened to wash my work clothes (mechanic on construction machines). The result is very good! It only remains for me to calculate the cost price (which must be ridiculous).

Within 10 days, I will receive a new "high-end" washing tower whose washing machine (9 kg) doses the detergent according to the dirtiness of the laundry. We will see how he reacts with this homemade laundry ...

To be continued.
0 x
djo59
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by djo59 » 31/07/16, 10:24

Delighted with your Aleppo soap which seems to be real Aleppo soap (composition, shape, ...).
Personally, I discovered Aleppo soap a few years ago, because in the summer in the sun I have a little psoriasis on my arms. I wash them with Aleppo soap and nothing.

For laundry recipes, in fact, we find everything and its opposite. Indeed we can vary the proportions according to the desired concentration of the detergent, the dirtiness of the linen, the hardness of the water, ...
My liquid detergent recipe (+ concentrate)
- 2 liters of filtered water
- 150 gr of grated household soap (100% coconut oil from recycled frying oil) : Mrgreen: and without glycèrine)
- 150 gr of soda crystals: degreases, detaches and softens the water (thus strengthens the action of the soap)
- 6 tablespoons of baking soda: neutralizes acids and odors, softens water.
- 20 drops of essential oil (here lavandin and lemon): disinfects and scents

NB: for white / light laundry I add 1-2 tablespoons in the machine of percarbonate of soda (6-10 € per kg) which in contact with water gives crystals of soda and hydrogen peroxide. Percarbonate of soda is the main or even total active agent in commercial "laundry bleachers" sold at high prices.

And of course vinegar as a softener, anti scale and color fixer as a bonus.

If by chance, your laundry becomes solid, it is because your soap contains glycèrine (classic of the so-called Marseille). If this happens, shake well it will be fine but next time change the soap if it is. The glycerine fouls the laundry and the machine while reducing the cleaning power of your laundry.
For a next special laundry / household soap, try to find coconut / copra, the top in cleaning power.

For the "cold soap" tutorial I will post it during the day, it is almost finished, video included.
0 x
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by 1360 » 31/07/16, 11:15

Thank you for these new details.

I'm going to make a new one, with more soda, baking soda and essential oil.

I see something like:

- 3 liters of water.
- 200 grams of Marseille soap with olive oil.
- 200 grams of soda crystals.
- 8 tablespoons of baking soda.
- 30 drops of lavender essential oil.

My first detergent (with Marseille soap with palm oil) tended to set, but the second (with Marseille soap with olive oil) remained quite liquid. It separates a bit, but after shaking the bottle for half a second, it becomes "perfect" again. I am very happy with this second test.

A+
0 x
djo59
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by djo59 » 31/07/16, 11:40

Chemically speaking, Olive and Palm have the same cleaning power, but as you explain, your palm froze so contained glycerin (fouls and neutralizes the cleaning effect of the soap), there lies the difference between your 2 tests.

For the proportions you quote, that seems good to me, then as I said above, maybe you will refine your proportions afterwards according to your needs (hardness of the water, "strength" of cleaning, ...) . It's like a good cooking recipe, we refine it until we have HIS recipe.
With my recipe mentioned above, I put about 1.5 caps of concentrated detergent cans. And in case of large stains a little detergent direct on the stain (direct on the stain it deposits :P )

If not there I finally finished and posted the tutorial on the manufacture of cold soap
Tutorial on cold saponification
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 31/07/16, 12:47

Hello,

Do not forget something with soaps and skin (basic chemistry, if it can help understand how it cleans) Saltmain (in quality and quantity) is not the soap (which is ultra-low) but the water ^^

Water intervenes at the very start (we do not wash with a dry soap directly on the skin without liquid, try it does not work it takes a => Saltaqueous use) : Lol: then with the combination of highly reactive hydrogen and oxygen, the soap thus mixed only softens and then dissolves the fatty layer of the epidermis, the sebum (which has taken on unwanted impurities over time), which thanks to its combination with the aqueous solution and therefore the water which serves as reagent, is thus transformed into an action of "detachment of the dirt". What then comes "with" is only a co-lateral effect (in the chemical cleaning process), since what really cleans in fine, it is the main solvent: what is ultramajoritaire water from the start (it dissolves this time by mechanical action during rinsing, which in fact is the real cleaning).

Yes friends, water is a Saltvant, and not only a little ... It can dissolve metal by erosion / electro-erosion or even corrosion! (and again electrolysis, and other electrochemistry) it is it which, combined with blood in aqueous solution, makes it possible to eliminate bad cholesterol and impurities from the human body (exactly like soap does), by detaching them from blood vessels ..

Soap is the "stain remover"(when it works in good symbiosis) and not the"Saltefore".
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 25/07/19, 16:10

1360 wrote:Hello,

From what I found on the net, real Marseille soap will no longer exist, at least at the industrial production stage. The name "Marseille soap" not being protected, anyone can make it anywhere while calling it "Marseille soap". Sad.

There would be 4 big producers of Marseille soap in Marseille, but none of them respects the original recipe, which clearly states that there must be 72% olive oil, and only olive oil. For a long time, they have added palm oil and coconut oil (for its foaming side).

In short, perhaps there are still some artisans who respect the original recipe, but it's hard to find them on the net.

A+

PS: I never said that Marseille was in Switzerland ?!

Indeed, Marseille soap with 72% olive oil no longer exists (until recently, I had some left over from stocks from the Second World War during which my grandfather had a drugstore!). I'm from the area and even the Marius Fabre and other "artisans" use coconut oil at best, at worst (in most Marseille shops) with palm oil.
The difference between Marseille soap and Aleppo soap is that we add bay laurel oil, in varying proportions, in the latter.
The Compagnie du Bicarbonate sells very good ones under the Lauralep brand, which are now made in France for the reasons we know.
As for homemade laundry, I grate Aleppo soap and add to the above recipe, two or three tablespoons of Sodium Perchlorate (cold, be careful!).
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)

Back to "Health and Prevention. Pollution, causes and effects of environmental risks "