The planet is burning and we are watching our smartphones.

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The planet is burning and we are watching our smartphones.

by sicetaitsimple » 04/03/19, 22:25

Just for fun, a few "precepts" found on this Patrick's site:

Condition # 5 - Vital Needs
We will focus on seven vital needs: air, safety, water, food, heat, hygiene, and health.

Air: We will avoid places polluted with fine particles and we will move away as much as possible from nuclear power plants. From this point of view, the southern hemisphere is ideal, with only three nuclear power plants.

Security: This is about security against natural disasters. We will avoid seismic zones and those prone to tropical cyclones. Unfortunately, there are not many countries that meet these conditions in the southern hemisphere, so it will be necessary to make concessions at the level of these first two vital needs.

So already you have to stop in the southern hemisphere, and nothing that seems already complicated!
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 04/03/19, 22:41

Fun again?

Health: A life in the open air, as well as a diversified and alive feeding will assure us an excellent health in a natural way and for the small sores we will use the medicinal plants.

It's not beautiful?

Janic, if you want to contribute the address is at the end of his video.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 04/03/19, 22:52

Go one last for not the road, but for the night:

Hygiene: We will manufacture all cleaning products and hygiene in a natural way and of course we will use exclusively dry toilets whose content will be recycled on site.

It will change the world for sure! Especially if the content of dry toilets is recycled into hygiene products (okay, I'm exaggerating, but after all we can dream!).
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 04/03/19, 23:33

bardal wrote:As for the final propositions (life in small autarchic communities of around 150 individuals), they strike me as so false and fanciful (but they don't make me laugh, since some humans have managed to imagine that) that I don't want to argue. But they proceed from a fundamental error on humanity (even if it functions according to the "r" mode, unless it is K) and on interhuman relations ... Our village, today, is the planet, and we will not go back, even if we pretend to go back ... Which obviously does not solve any problem ...
Yes, after reflection, I wanted to withdraw, but too late.
These final propositions remind me of the "happy sobriety" slogan of a certain "peasant poet" whose villages are an alternative economy in disguise and which has its entrances into the highest capitalist spheres, despite its claims of modesty.

Vincent Vignerot evokes it in his own way << here >>

On the other hand when Vincent says that "to reform agricultural models, it is inevitably a fall in yield"Recent research in agriculture of the living shows that it is wrong http://agridurable.top/agroecologie/
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 08/03/19, 15:10

izentrop wrote:Laurent Mermet decrypts the speech of Aurélien Barrau and goes much further by designating the 5 levers that must be operated simultaneously to get by, but with such complexity that since the Rome club 1972, no action has was conducted without weakening one of the levers and thus worsening the situation, contrary to the desired goal.

His speech is a little clearer when he addresses the questions / answers to 1h, when he appears with his jacket.

We can clearly see that the decrease goes against the efficiency of the flows, the reduction of the nuclear power, the sling against the biotechnologies and against the pesticides also.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1JRYlrLxvw
Interesting and clearly articulated point of view (with a pleasant verb to listen to) which in some places joins the thought of Antoine Chollet seen on another thread. In my opinion, we should henceforth criticize the disjointed catastrophism that surrounds us (while being ready to endure backfires of the Vade-retro genre: climate-skeptic) as well as the phantasmal solutions brought to the problems, like: "Humanity must do this or that ".

I'm not sure I understand your interpretation of his discourse on degrowth, but it is true that his somewhat allusive point of view on the subject does not seem clearer to me.
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 09/03/19, 11:37

The planet is burning ...
"Before, I was pessimistic because I told myself that we are all going to die in terrible circumstances ...
Today, I am optimistic because I tell myself that only those who will survive will live in terrible circumstances! " : Cheesy:
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 09/03/19, 11:47

"...those who survive will envy the dead... "It is in the 3rd secret of Fatima : Mrgreen: (1917) :)
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 08/05/19, 10:46

izentrop wrote:Excellent summary of the situation ... on the other hand I have trouble with the proposed solution ...

I am not going to say that the proposed solution rejoices me but it is THE solution which is in the means of an individual * faced with the worst, ie deprived of almost everything (* a group of rather individuals but of an individual already ..)
The worst being the total collapse of the global collective or even the national collective.
The worst because it will force us to change our habits very comfortable, we must admit.

Opinion purely personal and subjective, I think that the collapse will be progressive which will leave a relative time to adapt.
After the peak oil, it is not the absence of oil that occurs but battles (financial or more muscular) to have the remaining, hence the time of adaptation.
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 16/05/19, 00:56

"Our house is on fire and we are looking elsewhere" It was the sentence he had uttered and which had given me the idea of ​​this title.
A sentence pronounced by Jacques Chirac, President of the French Republic, at the opening of his speech to the plenary assembly of the IVth Earth Summit on September 2 2002 in Johannesburg, South Africa.

The idea: to capture the attention and hammer the truth of the collapse of the biodiversity and the climatic danger that threaten us all.

Extinction Rebellion declares that the era of scandals is over: the reports of IPBES and IPCC are ignored, the speeches are facade, the markets do not work ...
Only radical actions can save us.
https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr ... 68111.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/09/19, 09:28

Small tribute to Chirac all the same, it's topical:

0 x