Renewed interest in hydrogen filiere

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
pluesy
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by pluesy » 08/11/06, 16:06

renaud67 wrote:It will also be necessary to develop a whole distribution chain and new products (storage, use (engine, burner, etc.) which could be re-used with hydrogen coming from a more renewable source.

I think that for the use it poses not too much problem by means of minor adaptation (change of injector and / or regulator) everything that works with gas currently (butane, propane, lpg, natural gas) must be able to work with hydrogen

on the other hand it is true (for now ...) that hydrogen is a little more delicate to store and distribute than the other gases (higher storage pressure, very low liquefaction temperature, very small molecules which can pass through walls impermeable for other gases)
0 x

"There are only two infinite things, the universe and human stupidity ... but for the world, I have no absolute certainty."
[Albert Einstein]
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 08/11/06, 16:21

Anyone have any idea how much energy is needed to liquefy the H2?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 08/11/06, 17:55

elephant wrote:Anyone have any idea how much energy is needed to liquefy the H2?

Hello

huge : Cry: and very broken.

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."