Yellow Vests: Is the call of the November 17 justified? #GiletsJaunes

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Yellow Vests: Is the November 17 Call Justified? #GiletsJaunes

by gegyx » 19/03/19, 12:20

Eric Drouet receives many threatening letters.
But isn't it violent?
Following Castaner's speech which makes him mainly criminally responsible for the damage, observed this Saturday, mainly due to his incompetence in the responsibilities of Minister of the Interior (a position that he cried with his friend Macron and in view of his experience troubled in its beginnings, linked to the Marseille underworld), we go to the level above ...
http://www.leparisien.fr/faits-divers/g ... 035020.php
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 19/03/19, 12:24

Christophe wrote:But now, these achievements, in a globalized world, have become insufficient to maintain the "right to a decent life" for a large number of people ...
In 68 there was still a large stock of minerals and fossil fuels to keep growth going, although already in 74 we had the first oil shock that should have caused us to change course.

Today, growth is no longer possible, we have to think about resilience and the distribution of wealth. the hardest part will be to stop the machine and get back on track. We can very well live decently, with comfort and happiness, but everything must be reinvented low-coast : Wink:
1 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 19/03/19, 12:47

izentrop wrote:In 68 there was still a large stock of minerals and fossil fuels to keep growth going, although already in 74 we had the first oil shock that should have caused us to change course.

Today, growth is no longer possible, we have to think about resilience and the distribution of wealth. the hardest part will be to stop the machine and get back on track. We can very well live decently, with comfort and happiness, but everything must be reinvented low-coast : Wink:

Ok for the first idea, you have to have the means for what you require.

One can very well live decently, with comfort, yes, but "happiness", I am not sure of it at all. In societies where we live well, decently and comfortably, there are also many suicides. On the other hand during wars, there are less!
On the one hand happiness is different depending on the people and often incompatible between them, on the other hand the only happiness that I see is to satisfy what we lacked. But once it's done, we move on to another lack, sometimes even with flashbacks.
If we weren't missing anything, what a bother, we might as well bury ourselves right away. We need a certain degree of adversity. This is why the idea of ​​paradise is an absurdity, there is no happiness without unhappiness, and if there is unhappiness somewhere, the happiness cannot be complete.

As for "distribution of wealth", it is to be seen on a case by case basis. If it is to distribute to the cicada the fruit of the work of the ant, no agreement!
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 19/03/19, 13:02

Religion or official church?

Good question ! The two do not have the same meaning or the same application. Theologically and literally a religion (which means practice) expresses a faith, a common belief [*] and which one finds in many fields even and especially not "religious". So their only connection happens to be the same belief from one end of the planet to the other. A church (which means assembly) is the gathering of these different believers in one place, for example, to practice. So the boules players practice the same religion (same rules) and can thus express it by bringing them together to play (same practice).
Official? No ! Dominant: yes! Monopolistic? often !
If violence was a criterion of the value of the ideas it defended, then those of the 3rd Reich must be very brilliant!
That's right ! Violence always attracts violence in crescendo and is rarely justified.
So would black Americans have obtained their freedom only on simple demands to have the same rights as whites? If the whites had granted it ex officio, there would not have been the Civil War. Have the colonized countries obtained their freedom through negotiations?

In May 68, there were ideas which carried, in particular that of freedom.
In 1789, there were ideas which carried, in particular that of equality.
Today as big ideas, there is nothing.

Nothing more than to claim a real application previous ideas and which leads to who gets lost!
Where is freedom when there are constraints, obligations to anything and everything, especially!
Where is legality when we increase pensions by 0.3% while the highest wages are increased by 5%, when women are paid less than their male counterparts?
This is why the movement is more and more in a gratuitous violence, and less and less followed except by the extremists of the extreme left and the extreme right, who have only that to put at the service of their intolerance.
Because we eat the GJ movement everywhere! When the GJ women demonstrated, there was no violence, nor thugs: why then were they GJs too? So the pacifist GJs do not want to be the turkeys and the victims of the farce and take full face instead of the real thugs that the police services do not dare to face, them who are also badly paid.

[*]religion
feminine noun
Recognition by human beings of a higher principle on which their destiny depends; intellectual and moral attitude that results.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 19/03/19, 13:15

Janic wrote:...
Where is freedom when there are constraints, obligations to anything and everything, especially!

"Freedom is binary. Not the right to kill your neighbor?! To cripple? To despoil him? My god, my god, my god, where is freedom?"
: roll:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/03/19, 13:45

izentrop wrote:Today, growth is no longer possible, we have to think about resilience and the distribution of wealth. the hardest part will be to stop the machine and get back on track. We can very well live decently, with comfort and happiness, but everything must be reinvented low-coast : Wink:

Completely agree on the repair of wealth and you will note that I never said that growth (infinite by definition) was the right solution (it is even the worst but it is still defended by the "system" whose pipolitics and many economists ...).

Before reinventing low cost, we must above all reinvent our lifestyles and our consumption choices, for example: changing the car every 2 years to "show off" to go to work to pay for it is an ecological crime which is rewarded by the economic system (bonus, credit galore ...)! or spending your money on various distant trips when you haven't invested 1 euro in your house in energy savings or renewable energy solutions is also criminal ... Wanting to eat meat every noon is a crime ...

There are dozens of examples of ecological crimes ... that could even be extended to "future crimes against humanity"! : Cry:

The hardest part will be to share but if we start in this speech: the yellow vests have nothing to complain about compared to the majority of the rest of humanity: they are "richer" than 80% of humanity ... : Cheesy:

ps: low Coast? Is it Lower Normandy? : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/03/19, 13:59

Exnihiloest wrote:"Freedom is binary. Not the right to kill your neighbor?! To cripple? To despoil him? My god, my god, my god, where is freedom?" : roll:

Another troll fallacy ... : Cry:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/03/19, 14:04

Janic wrote:as in 1789? or 230 years.
without this unjustifiable "violence" when there is dialogue, not monologue, we would still be on the regime of royalty and powerful religion.

No no, we must stop at the time of the beginning of the industrial revolution, when machinery and industry (banking and finance included) replaced divine legal privileges (to justify the exploitation of one's neighbor) *... In short a few decades after the French revolution ...

* interesting as an idea, isn't it? To develop... : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/03/19, 14:38

Obviously I am not the only one to believe in the strategy of defeat (called shock here) ...

Extract from a CGT facebook account ... (no idea if it's official or not)

shock_strategy.jpg
strategy_choc.jpg (77.26 KiB) Viewed 928 times
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 19/03/19, 14:46

Christophe wrote:
Exnihiloest wrote:"Freedom is binary. Not the right to kill your neighbor?! To cripple? To despoil him? My god, my god, my god, where is freedom?" : roll:

Another troll fallacy ... : Cry:

You don't see the irony, but you could have asked, I would have explained to you.
We do not claim the absence of freedom under the pretext of its necessary limits, freedom is not at all or nothing, we know very well that it stops where that of others.
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"