The worrying situation in Venezuela!

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: The worrying situation in Venezuela!

by dede2002 » 09/03/19, 19:21

Christophe wrote:I love our naivety! : Cheesy:

In my naivety, I compare Venezuela to families who, having a good income, borrowed to buy their house, and then having suffered a drop in income together with a rise in interest rates, found themselves on the street seeing their house sold at auction or simply razed.

We have heard enough the speeches of Bush father and son, angry to see Venezuela do what he wanted with his oil ...

And very happy to see him in trouble, just so as not to be able to honor the interest on debts, although the assets are still present (the oil reserves are still there). Nobody has offered to refinance plans, the neighboring countries are washing their hands apparently?

In comparison with Greece for example, if the "neighboring countries" had acted in this way, the situation could have been similar, yet Greece is far from having the same assets (compare the reserves of olive oil with the oil reserves ...)

Personally I think that if Libya had not been destroyed, through the actions of a little dwarf, the situation would be different!

But I am very naive, then you will explain to me where I am wrong :?:
2 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/03/19, 19:33

dede2002 wrote:But I am very naive, then you will explain to me where I am wrong :?:

Uh bin ... I'm taking out my Joker! : Cheesy:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 09/03/19, 22:34

Christophe wrote:I'm taking out my Joker! : Cheesy:

Me too, to explain the situation in Venezuela.

But it's weird, it's certainly very personal as a remark, but every time I see a head of state in superb military costume and mustachioed, I have doubts...

Franco, Stalin, Hitler, Pinochet, Sadam Hussein, ..

But I have nothing a priori against mustaches!

Okay, that doesn't add much to the debate ... :?

Especially since there is still de Gaulle .....
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 14/03/19, 09:00

The blockade against Venezuela for dummies, chronology of sanctions https://www.romainmigus.info/2019/01/ch ... iques.html
The following chronology allows us to answer three essential questions to understand the blockade against Venezuela: “Who imposes the blockade? Who do they impose it on? And why ? "(1).

On reading the measures taken, the answer to the first question is obvious: it is the United States, followed by their Latin American or European vassals. The facts speak for themselves. There is no questionable comments or interpretations.

The answer to the second question is also obvious. While some commentators strive to relay elements of language from the US administration suggesting that these are only targeted sanctions against people, reading this document brings us to a logical conclusion. It is the entire Venezuelan people who are targeted. Which is also explicitly claimed by the power of the United States ...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 14/03/19, 10:27

To thwart the analysis of a partisan blog, a slightly more realistic analysis http://www.rfi.fr/ameriques/20180508-le ... economique
The economy of Venezuela is simple to understand. It is a country that exports oil and has to import almost everything else. There is very little domestic production other than petroleum. This is the source of the problem.

Oil production collapsed because the company lost a large part of its staff. It has been very poorly managed since it was brought under control by the Venezuelan government. On the other hand, it has enormous difficulties in exporting its oil in part because of the American sanctions which make access to the international financial system difficult. It is difficult to get paid in dollars for your oil and in this situation the revenues of the country and the state decrease because they are oil revenues and on the other side, you have to buy absolutely everything. The least dollars available are used to buy basic necessities and for the rest, there is nothing at all.
0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"