The fable of anthropogenic warming and the fight against CO2

Humanitarian catastrophes (including resource wars and conflicts), natural, climate and industrial (except nuclear or oil forum fossil and nuclear energy). Pollution of the sea and oceans.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The fable of anthropogenic warming and the fight against CO2

by Janic » 06/01/19, 08:02

Janic wrote: ...
as usual you give the baton to beat you, because if there is a speaker who never gives figures, data processing, but is content with theories, interpretations to the nut, we can only do not be convinced by your speeches.

I give figures when I present facts and they require it (for example in this thread, 30 / 12 / 18, 18: 59, 22 / 12 / 18, 20: 46, 16 / 12 / messages) 18, 17: 19, 15 / 12 / 18, 18: 08 and 17: 59 ... so you are lying), otherwise I have no reason to give any.

I did not speak specifically about this subject where you are lavish in quotations that are not proofs, but estimates. But it does not matter, personally, whether it is natural or man-made, matters less than asking the question: what is it going to do for decades to come and the estimates are not rosy and can to be even too optimistic.
NB: I am still waiting for EVIDENCE ON OTHER SUBJECTS.
And I was obviously thinking of vaccines or homeopathy (which I know better than the climate and many other subjects) for example where this demand has still not been satisfied, but could you only, even and especially with WHO?
The proofs are given to you, but you deny the evidences and the references, like the WHO which you affirm "not credible". The obscurantists do not accept any reference from international organizations like the WHO (except perhaps the IPCC, they were able to recognize the same cat porridge they serve us).

What you call proofs is often only truncated reality to make certain statements credible. But if you followed carefully what I have already expressed, the WHO HAS DECLINED CREDIBLE when the latter has shifted from its role and objective of scientific neutrality (since it is only subsidized by the nations) to, for the most part, subsidies, financial support from certain large "health" industries which guide, select and suppress information from this sector. organization to support their desires to maintain under their control and influence, the majority of populations fearful and paralyzed by the fear of the bad microbes. So it goes well, despite everything, scientific information but which if they do not overshadow these lobbies.
Now, thankfully, WHO is not the only body to disseminate scientific information, and it is through the comparison of these various, often contradictory, information that science can advance without being self censored not to displease the sponsors.
I conclude with this reflection of Ahmed that confirms what I already have and also made:
Since we are on objectivity and neutrality (!), I note that you usually skunk when someone ventures, for methodological prudence, to use the formula "it seems", or I note that you do not hesitate to use what you condemn in others...?
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 08/01/19, 20:06

I do not really feel any difference between today and the past that historians have told us about their time:

Winter 582: very mild winter, many flowers with trees. Frequent thunderstorms
Winter 584: Very soft. Roses bloom in January. Hurricane hail then drought
Fall 585-Winter 586: Extreme sweetness, trees bloom again in September and again fruits before Christmas
Autumn 586-winter 587: A new unusual sweetness, the vines bloom twice
Winter 588: A new unusual sweetness, trees in bloom in autumn, rose bushes in December
Winter 589: The roses bloom in November ...
1014 winters at 1017: mild winters
Winter 1056: mild winter
Winter 1081: mild winter, dry year
1092 winters to 1100: Series of mild winters
Winter 1097: very soft winter, the sweetest of the series
Winter 1116: very sweet winter "strawberries at Christmas" in Liège
Summer 1266: hot summer
Summer 1267: hot summer
Summer 1268 (or 1267?): Hot summer. In Colmar, very high temperature, 12 weeks from May 14 without rain, "there was so much fruit on the trees that the branches break"
1270 to 1311: Great, very dry period
Winter 1172: extremely mild winter: in Belgium, at the end of January, there are already leaves to the trees, in mid-February the birds have built their nests and already incubate their eggs
Summer 1232: hot summer "eggs cook in the sand" (July and August in eastern France)
Summer 1236: very hot summer. Crops missed in Normandy because of drought
Summer 1252: Very hot. "Eggs could bake in the sand"
Winter 1304: mild winter, the only one in the 1303-1328 series
Winter 1332: mild and very humid winter. shortage
Winter 1348: soft and dry
Winter 1381: mild winter in England
Winter 1493: mild winter
Winter 1505: very mild winter, the roses bloom in January in the south.
Winter 1521: mild winter, but very wet, until March 15
Winter 1525: Very sweet in Belgium
Winter 1530: very mild winter
Winter 1538: very mild winter
Winter 1539: soft and dry
0 x
wirbelwind262
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by wirbelwind262 » 08/01/19, 20:38

0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 10/01/19, 20:42

winter (very) sweet does not mean anything ... sweet not report to what?
If the winter before they had hit -40 ° C for 2 months, a winter at "only" -10 ° C it is sure that it is mild.
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 10/01/19, 21:23

Forhorse wrote:winter (very) sweet does not mean anything ... sweet not report to what?
If the winter before they had hit -40 ° C for 2 months, a winter at "only" -10 ° C it is sure that it is mild.

Especially when roses bloom in January. : roll:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 10/01/19, 23:23

What does not really mean anything is to take weather snippets of this time to deny the current warming caused by unprecedented greenhouse gas emissions since about 1750.
Even if it were stopped completely today, the climate will be disturbed for thousands of years.
IPCC 2007 forecast, much worse today https://jancovici.com/changement-climat ... t-arreter/
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 11/01/19, 18:36

izentrop wrote:What does not really mean anything is to take weather snippets of this time to deny the current warming caused by unprecedented greenhouse gas emissions since about 1750.

Or would I have written that it is for "to deny the current warming caused by unprecedented greenhouse gas emissions since about 1750" ?!
Current climate events are systematically taken as a demonstration of global warming.
Example:
"While it is difficult to attribute specific weather events to global warming, this rise in temperature [summer 2018] is consistent with predicted trends from climate models."
https://www.lemonde.fr/climat/article/2 ... 52612.html

So if you want I reformulate:
"While it is difficult to attribute specific weather events to past global warming, these past temperature increases match what we have today. If climatic variations can cause them today, then they are. may have caused them in the past, so the current warming which would be specific is a fable ".
0 x
RV-P
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by RV-P » 12/01/19, 18:21

- Hello.
- "One" complains about the melting of snow (especially at the North Pole) and the decrease of the albedo (reflective power) of the earth… But let me give you an idea: we manufacture in the world I do not know how many square kilometers of MIRROR per day and we do not have enough to return to space a little of this solar light that warms the darkened surfaces due to lack of snow ?! ?? ... What's in the minds of our scientists? So many mathematical formulas that there is more room for popular "big old sense"?! ?? ...
- Side CO2, it is produced by the combustion of fossil energies ... But also by our breathing! What are we made of? CARBON HYDRATES! So, if we remove the carbon, we do not even exist anymore !!!
- So, 'do not bother me' with the CO2! Let's not forget other greenhouse gases much more "dangerous" than CO2: the methane shale gas in particular et the many leaks which emanate from the production wells of this gas !!!
- So do a little work the gelatinous mass that is between your ears!
0 x
It's easier to just make things complicated than complicate simple things!
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/01/19, 22:08

RV-P, you write:
So, if we remove the carbon, we do not even exist anymore !!!

Nobody ever talked about removing CO² from the atmosphere (let alone the entire CO² : roll: )! It first plays a vital role in the thermal regulation of the Earth and only its upward variation is problematic.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 12/01/19, 23:17

RV-P wrote:- So, 'do not bother me' with the CO2! Let's not forget the other greenhouse gases that are much more "dangerous" than CO2: shale gas methane in particular and the numerous leaks that emanate from the production wells of this gas!
- So do a little work the gelatinous mass that is between your ears!
For methane, you're absolutely right, but it will especially go into action when the average temperature will have reached 1.5 °, which will accelerate the melting of permafrost. So this gas 300 times more greenhouse than the CO2 will accelerate the phenomenon and it is not the only ... https://www.cnews.fr/monde/2019-01-06/1 ... que-715454

My gelatinous mass advises me to trust the climatologists and the warning signs are more and more perceptible (perhaps not yet on your island) as much to be prepared for it. : Wink:
0 x